What's new

Police kept army in the dark on DI Khan jailbreak: Initial report

Meanwhile in Balochistan:

‏@AsimBajwaISPR: Situation in #Baluchistan warrants better trained/ equipped #police. #Army will train Bln Police and also deliver them 5000 more SMGs.

And again the Army gets called in.

BTW, yesterday Ch Nisar also changed his stance. When in opposition, he lambasted the intel agencies and FC for its role in Balochistan.

Yesterday he said, 'Agencion nay aur FC nay Balochistan main bahaut si kamiabiyan haasil ki hain aur musbat role raha hai'!...fauran line seedhi kar li hai!

Everyone wants to dump the responsibility for this failure onto someone else. No one gave a resignation, no one quit his job... nothing after 200 militants escaped jail. Now those militants are hiding in South Waziristan. We have seriously failed in the war on terror. We have done nothing to stop the militants and eliminate them. This is a collective failure as a people and it can't be blamed on one institution such as the police or the army.

For example look at the education system still used in Pakistan. It makes fun of Hindus and paints a wrong picture of history, glorifying Muslim leaders and turning Hindu leaders into evil monsters. Its an entire system build on hate.

I want to see the day when the Taliban are completely eradicated from my nation.

Everyone wants to dump the responsibility for this failure onto someone else. No one gave a resignation, no one quit his job... nothing after 200 militants escaped jail. Now those militants are hiding in South Waziristan. We have seriously failed in the war on terror. We have done nothing to stop the militants and eliminate them. This is a collective failure as a people and it can't be blamed on one institution such as the police or the army.

For example look at the education system still used in Pakistan. It makes fun of Hindus and paints a wrong picture of history, glorifying Muslim leaders and turning Hindu leaders into evil monsters. Its an entire system build on hate.

I want to see the day when the Taliban are completely eradicated from my nation.
Thanks for pointing it out. i wonder why the begairats are not asking IG Prisons, KPK and Supritendant Central Jail DI Khan to resgin?

Thanks for pointing it out. i wonder why the begairats are not asking IG Prisons, KPK and Supritendant Central Jail DI Khan to resgin?

They should resign at this blunder, or else they should be stripped from their positions after investigations are done. Also thanks for the detailed reply on my early post. Consider me a dumb civilian so my posts may look childish when it comes to security related stuff. But this DI Khan incident is getting pretty complex, police didn't let army know about the attack and kept army in dark intentionally, on the other hand, police didn't bother to put up any fight to resist attackers and instead they opened the main gate and prisons for them.. Something seriously went wrong in this incident and transparent investigations need to be done to bring real culprits to justis.. :angry:

Civilian armed forces ( including the Police) essentially suffer from the following :

1. Lack of Aggression ( to people other than unarmed civilians)
2. Poor officer Cadre - Besides wanting to grease their own palms they also suffer from the travails of politicians.
3. No institutionalized support system that will look after their next of kin should they fall in the line of duty.
4. Complete absence of cohesion that a defined regimental system naturally creates.
5. Poor morale from all of the above.
6. Terrible equipment.

Given all this, why would anyone stick his neck out ?.. that too to defend whom & to what avail ?

Before nations expect men to put themselves in harms way they need to put in place a time tested system that will stand up for the man. This also includes protection from the law where necessary .

@Xeric : Your views please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Civilian armed forces ( including the Police) essentially suffer from the following :

1. Lack of Aggression ( to people other than unarmed civilians)
2. Poor officer Cadre - Besides wanting to grease their own palms they also suffer from the travails of politicians.
3. No institutionalized support system that will look after their next of kin should they fall in the line of duty.
4. Complete absence of cohesion that a defined regimental system naturally creates.
5. Poor morale from all of the above.
6. Terrible equipment.

Given all this, why would anyone stick his neck out ?.. that too to defend whom & to what avail ?

Before nations expect men to put themselves in harms way they need to put in place a time tested system that will stand up for the man. This also includes protection from the law where necessary .

@Xeric : Your views please.

i concur.

But i will term point # 2 as the rootcause, as other factors eminate from it.

Although our PSP cadre is as capable and efficient as those in the Army, but then it all comes down to the level of leadership qualities.

i dont agree with your point # 3 as Police is provided with guud financial support if someone had given his life on duty.

In the end i would like to add another point:

No protection for those who take the initiative or chanllanges the status quo. Like, i am witness to atleast two murder of Police officials (SHOs) who either captured or killed a few criminals and in response were killed by the friends of the criminal that too in broad day light with a note that this to avange the capture/killing of their campnions. Still, the Police failed to do anything about it. Not because the killers fled, but because they were afraid of a similar fate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Faisal karim kundi in a talk show was saying that night duty of army check posts in DI khan and tank are handed over to police, is it true?. That would explain why taliban easily came to DI khan city and came out without any resistance.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom