What's new

Initial report of D.I. Khan jailbreak

@Cheetah786

He is a nice young kid (son of Ameenullah Khan), he is first time member of provincial assembly. He just took charge (20 days ago), how on earth can he have foreseen it?

The provincial minister Ali Amin Gandapur has apologized over the incident.

Is he the minister for jails?

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you guys saying ?? there is no way KPK Gov screwed up ... It is all fault of the Army ...

Mr Khattak was getting ready with his Ak-420 to come & Stop the Taliban himself .. he was just a tab bit late . . so Stop blaming KPK gov .. everything wrong that happens is fault of either ISI ( I mean how dare they prove intel of attack 3 days before ) & Army who should have taken over Police role ( I mean who care if it is not there role .. how dare they not come and help KPK gov .. what if KPK gov never asked them .. they should have come anyway )
Pathetic arguments.......if dealing with taliban is police job then why the hell army is fighting against taliban for last 9 years?...Why army started tirah operation on its own when according to you it is job of civil armed forces?

@Sedqal @Patriots @pak-marine please read this report and do tell us afterwards how KPK govt failed us?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistans-war/268010-jailbreak-wasn-t-intelligence-failure-once.html

salient points of report

To control over terrorism is our common goal ... That's why I don't want to involve in blame game ... We just should point out where lackings & flaws ... So that we can prevent this type incidents in future ... Same I would like to say to PTI fans ... Kindly get rid of blame game ... And do positive politics ............

@mafiya you guys must to listen criticism because of past doings ......

Because you guys criticize much more to them who have been governing last 5 years ......

16587_10151511366696373_1419870499_n.jpg

Basically the problem is that no one takes security seriously. Even though many of these attacks have occurred in the past, no one does anything to prevent them from happening again. Pakistani jails are a joke and not secure enough. Anyone could probably walk in and out undecteted. The army installations and headquarters are in the middle of populated areas, when they should be in remote and isolated areas. Judiciary keeps letting terrorists out like there's no tomorrow, instead of killing them so they don't attack again. (Funny how Pakistan has one of the highest deaths by death penalty in the world, but terrorists don't seem to be included in that statistic). Incompetence and apathetic attitudes are killing the country. Until the citizens, government, and security forces wake up and deal with extremists the way they should be dealt, Pakistan will be under attack for many years to come

@mafiya you guys must to listen criticism because of past doings ......

Because you guys criticize much more to them who have been governing last 5 years ......

16587_10151511366696373_1419870499_n.jpg

So the apology from provincial minister of KPK, which means they did owned up to their mistake.

PESHAWAR: A day after the Taliban freed over 250 prisoners from a high-security Pakistani prison, a top commander of the terror outfit has said they took a month to plan the assault and spent Rs one crore to execute it with military-like precision.

The Taliban gunmen launched their attack on Central Prison in Dera Ismail Khan of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province bordering the restive South Waziristan agency on Tuesday around midnight with a series of heavy explosions before firing rocket propelled grenades and machine guns.

Adnan Rashid, a Taliban commander who was released by the militants in a jail break incident in Bannu few years back, said the operation was named "Marg-e-Nijat" and it was launched to set free six militants of Quetta and some others.

It took a month to plan the assault and cost Rs one crore to materialize the plan, he said.

During the attack on Tuesday the militants killed six policemen, six Shia prisoners and two private security guards.

Security forces released a list of 252 prisoners who had gone missing after the Taliban attack on the prison. The list includes the names of 11 high-profile terrorists, Dawn News reported.

Meanwhile, the police on Wednesday re-arrested 45 prisoners who had escaped.

Security officials were quoted by the daily as saying that the re-arrested convicts had voluntarily surrendered themselves to police and that a search was still underway to apprehend as many escaped prisoners as possible.

"We freed two important commanders hailing from Parachinar, six each from Dera Ismail Khan and Quetta. Our friends have now reached the safe place in Mir Ali in North Waziristan agency," Rashid told a private TV channel.

He also claimed that a lady police constable was in their custody.

"It was part of the plan to remain in the jail premises for 20 minutes and then escape to the adjacent tribal agency South Waziristan within one hour of the attack," Rashid said.

"Eight special commandos (suicide attackers) participated in the jail break attempt who were equipped with latest night vision gadgets, and latest weaponry. In all thirteen vehicles were used in the operation and used two ways to reach the jail," the Taliban commander said.

Taliban commander Haji Abdul Hakim, Haji Ilyas and Walid Akbar are among those who have been set free in the jail attack, sources said.

Akbar was main accused in the attack on a Muharram procession in Dera Ismail Khan last year. Important commanders from Bajaur also escaped in the incident, sources said.

Took a month to plan jail attack, spent Rs 1 crore: Pak Taliban - The Times of India

Wonder How they manage to raise such a huge amount......

In kidnappings for ransom by TTP in KPK, their demand is usually in few crores.......

Yara, have you seen those poor souls? The regular "nafri" can't even buy a decent meal, have a look at their weapons, check the ammo with them...

As I said, D.I.Khan and all adjoining agency's are a de facto war-zone, the Army is in "COMPLETE" control of these areas, every movement is scrutinized, I SAW ARMY BUTCHER 6 CIVILIANS, just that they didn't give the "MP" convoy the way. It's all so ridiculous. Now that a prison was attacked (which is within literally spitting distance of the Army camp) they blame the police? Well if so, why not give your weapons and monthly paychecks to them, so for once in their lives they can do something about it.

I have come to a personal conclusion: The armed forces are 100% guilty of dereliction of duty, may it be for cowardice, or plain stupidity. There is no second guessing it.

Army choorian pehan lay to behtar hai! Excuses, excuses and more excuses...... It was R&AW, it was MOSAD, it was CIA, it was GOD... enough with it already, whiney little ****** they are.

Criminal harkat by Police. Arriving 4 hours later!

This means they purposely didn't go there to save their necks. They must have said kaun jaye larai karay...

In kidnappings for ransom by TTP in KPK, their demand is usually in few crores.......

People are saying that kidnapping for ransom has increased after PTI govt and TTP is now openly operating in many areas where they were not present before.

No it has decreased actually, don't believe everything people say. Btw, kidnappings were a norm for as long as I can remember, however, NEVER EVER FOR MONEY OR RANSOM. Mostly to settle disputes between opposing party.

People are saying that kidnapping for ransom has increased after PTI govt and TTP is now openly operating in many areas where they were not present before.

Sarkar, how's everything at the HQ? Are you stationed on the way to melody? :P

Remind me what is the job of intel agencies?

as bad as it may seem .... The Taliban is working really hard to get what they want....while Pakistan seems to be doing the direct opposite ..they arn't lazying around

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom