What's new

Featured Police fired 55 shots at a young rapper in California

Black people should annex themselves from the states.

254259317adc2cfc7f0942df16589f5e91-13-schism-2.2x.w900.jpg

This has to be institutional.
Even with black officers in the force it seems like there is no limit to black killings

That video was sickening.

It reminded me of an incident from fifty years ago.

A patrol was out at night in Calcutta, during the height of the Naxalite troubles. For those of you who came into the world recently, there was a time when a couple of hundred policemen were killed in Calcutta by the Naxalites, and there was a state of open warfare, with no-go zones where policemen could not go.

This patrol had the DC North, an elderly man within months of retirement, and two thana OCs, along with perhaps a dozen men. All were armed (with side-arms; muskets - not rifles, the old practice was for police not to carry rifles within cities for fear of ricochet damage - for the constables, revolvers for the officers).

They found two young boys out in the open. This was unusual, because in those nightmare years, nobody went out at night. Before anyone knew what was going on, the DC, who had already drawn his gun and was waving it around in a state of total panic, opened fire.

One of the OCs screamed at him and stuck his hand out, and got a bullet through the palm for his pains.

The two boys died, riddled with bullets.

That video was sickening.

It reminded me of an incident from fifty years ago.

A patrol was out at night in Calcutta, during the height of the Naxalite troubles. For those of you who came into the world recently, there was a time when a couple of hundred policemen were killed in Calcutta by the Naxalites, and there was a state of open warfare, with no-go zones where policemen could not go.

This patrol had the DC North, an elderly man within months of retirement, and two thana OCs, along with perhaps a dozen men. All were armed (with side-arms; muskets - not rifles, the old practice was for police not to carry rifles within cities for fear of ricochet damage - for the constables, revolvers for the officers).

They found two young boys out in the open. This was unusual, because in those nightmare years, nobody went out at night. Before anyone knew what was going on, the DC, who had already drawn his gun and was waving it around in a state of total panic, opened fire.

One of the OCs screamed at him and stuck his hand out, and got a bullet through the palm for his pains.

The two boys died, riddled with bullets.

Joe just a question has trump done the same to USA as Modi has done to India?
A larger divide between red and blue states, whites and colored.
just a thought

Joe just a question has trump done the same to USA as Modi has done to India?
A larger divide between red and blue states, whites and colored.
just a thought

I thought that was the core of his strategy - to divide.

Trump's America cannot fight WWII. I doubt it can even invade Granada (not that that was a good thing!).

This is unbelievable! This is open war against black citizens!

Yeah, what is the world coming to?! You can't even pass out in a drivethru in your Mercedes with a loaded gun on your lap anymore!

Yeah, what is the world coming to?! You can't even pass out in a drivethru in your Mercedes with a loaded gun on your lap anymore!

You are such a piece of work! :D

How've you been?

Oh wow how dare he exercise his constitutional rights! He's 3/5ths of a pe...oh nvm it's not 1852 anymore!

You are such a piece of work! :D

How've you been?

I am doing just fine Joe, more lurking than participating, but it makes for a more peaceful forum. :D

Oh wow how dare he exercise his constitutional rights! He's 3/5ths of a pe...oh nvm it's not 1852 anymore!

Oh pardon me. Please tell me the part where the right to pass out in a drivethru with a loaded gun on your lap is enshrined in the law. I must've missed that! :D

Oh pardon me. Please tell me the part where the right to pass out in a drivethru with a loaded gun on your lap is enshrined in the law. I must've missed that! :D

loaded gun is a second amendment and now you tell me where does passing out warrant 55 bullets?

Someone needs to explain de-escalation to US law enforcement. No one in immediate danger. Individual passed out in a drive through. If they thought it was too risky to remove the gun then they could have flattened the tires and tried megaphones or other means from a distance to try and wake him up.

Police ESCALATED, and should be investigated.

At best this is piss poor training, and law enforcement in the US has repeatedly demonstrated either a lack of ability or lack of desire to deescalate various situations, even when dealing with the recent BLM protests.

The criticism they're getting is completely justified.

Back
Top Bottom