What's new

Featured Police fired 55 shots at a young rapper in California

What part of "Keep your hands where I can see them?" is not clear?

My mistake I didn't see that, I guess they went easy by firing only 55 bullets at him even though regular, unarmed citizens had walked up to him and left no problem.

loaded gun is a second amendment and now you tell me where does passing out warrant 55 bullets?
  1. Is it illegal to own a gun?
  2. Is it illegal for a black American to own a gun?
  3. Is it illegal to carry around a gun you own?
  4. Is it illegal to carry around a loaded gun you own?
  5. Is it illegal to drive a Mercedes Benz? Should Daimler Benz be told about this?
  6. Is it illegal to pass out?
  7. Is it illegal to own a gun, to carry it around loaded, to carry it into a Mercedes Benz, perhaps (o the arrogance on display) even to be a black person and own a Mercedes, and then, owning a gun, carrying it around, loaded, in your own Mercedes, to pass out?
  8. If all these are illegal, is it then legal to shoot you dead while you are not fully conscious?
Somehow, I think I am missing something.

Someone needs to explain de-escalation to US law enforcement. No one in immediate danger. Individual passed out in a drive through. If they thought it was too risky to remove the gun then they could have flattened the tires and tried megaphones or other means from a distance to try and wake him up.

Police ESCALATED, and should be investigated.

At best this is piss poor training, and law enforcement in the US has repeatedly demonstrated either a lack of ability or lack of desire to deescalate various situations, even when dealing with the recent BLM protests.

The criticism they're getting is completely justified.

Agreed. An investigation is warranted, and must include better training in de-escalation techniques as part of the solution.

listen to behind the police series by behind the bastard podcast. youll understand how racism is institutionalized in USA

5. Is it illegal to drive a Mercedes Benz? Should Daimler Benz be told about this?
  7. Is it illegal to own a gun, to carry it around loaded, to carry it into a Mercedes Benz, perhaps (o the arrogance on display) even to be a black person and own a Mercedes, and then, owning a gun, carrying it around, loaded, in your own Mercedes, to pass out?
  8. If all these are illegal, is it then legal to shoot you dead while you are not fully conscious?

I think #5/6 may be a yes, perhaps @VCheng can answer that. As for the rest no as per the US constitution (1,2,3,4 directly) (7) because police don't have right to unrightful search and seizure so they cannot yet identify if the man in question is the rightful owner of what may or may not be a licensed weapon. (8) very circumstantial.

I think #5/6 may be a yes, perhaps @VCheng can answer that. As for the rest no as per the US constitution (1,2,3,4 directly) (7) because police don't have right to unrightful search and seizure so they cannot yet identify if the man in question is the rightful owner of what may or may not be a licensed weapon. (8) very circumstantial.

I am sure the investigation will look into all these aspects too.

He had a stolen semi-automatic handgun in his lap with an illegal modded 14 round magazine. I think they were worried the gun also was modded to be fully automatic. It was 10:30PM so that's why they were jumpy and wanted to grab the gun without waking him up.

Last edited:
He woke up, and moved his hands. On the video.
Dear sir,

This isn't a US vs Pakistan debate where you have to justify the indefensible under the pretext of 'the relentless pursuit of US National Interests'. This is regarding a long ongoing issue regarding the tactics and approach of US law enforcement towards AMERICAN Citizens who pay the salaries of law enforcement through their taxes and are at least entitled to a modicum of respect and a non-lethal approach to situations where alternatives to lethal approaches are readily available.

Police had a good idea (or at least should have) of how long this individual was passed out in a Taco Bell drive through. Expecting an instantaneous awareness of his surroundings upon waking up (even for most people NOT under the influence of any substances) is, again, piss poor assessment and training to say the least. Officers acknowledged that the magazine was partly out of the gun which meant that the gun had, at the most, one shot available in the chamber, in the lap (not even hands) of an obviously impaired individual.

Dear sir,

This isn't a US vs Pakistan debate where you have to justify the indefensible under the pretext of 'the relentless pursuit of US National Interests'. This is regarding a long ongoing issue regarding the tactics and approach of US law enforcement towards AMERICAN Citizens who pay the salaries of law enforcement through their taxes and are at least entitled to a modicum of respect and a non-lethal approach to situations where alternatives to lethal approaches are readily available.

Police had a good idea (or at least should have) of how long this individual was passed out in a Taco Bell drive through. Expecting an instantaneous awareness of his surroundings upon waking up (even for most people NOT under the influence of any substances) is, again, piss poor assessment and training to say the least. Officers acknowledged that the magazine was partly out of the gun which meant that the gun had, at the most, one shot available in the chamber, in the lap (not even hands) of an obviously impaired individual.

And I have agreed with the need for the investigation and better training in de-escalation training. Better policing is clearly needed.

(PS: And, not to go off topic here, I have ALWAYS stated that ALL nations have the right to pursue their national interests. Equally.)

Translation to US law enforcement English:

1. Black Man
2. Black Man in Mercedes
3. Black Man in Mercedes with gun
4. Black Man in Mercedes with gun, passed out
Conclusion: Drug trafficker, dangerous criminal and murderer - lethal approach justified.

US police is behind all innocent killings of balck oeople time for these black people to stand and ask for freedom

US police is behind all innocent killings of balck oeople time for these black people to stand and ask for freedom
Racism in the US, and in many countries including Pakistan, is a reality.

The correct approach is what we are seeing - protests, building awareness, lobbying law makers and other influential individuals and organizations to help support reforms in law enforcement, within the US Constitution.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom