What's new

Featured Police fired 55 shots at a young rapper in California

Perhaps the part where there is movement of the arms from inside the vehicle despite the warning to keep hands visible? Perhaps?
For someone with your age and qualifications you are being extraordinarily stupid. I guess you wake up completely conscience with completely aware and are never confused.....

Racism in the US, and in many countries, including Pakistan, is a reality.

The correct approach is what we are seeing - protests, building awareness, lobbying, law makers and other influential individuals and organizations to help support reforms in law enforcement within the US Constitution.

That may be the correct approach but the implementation of this approach is a bit suspect. Blocking highways, open segregation at protests, attacking police are some questionable practices.

That may be the correct approach but the implementation of this approach is a bit suspect. Blocking highways, open segregation at protests, attacking police are some questionable practices.
In some cases SOME protesters have acted in ways that have undermined the cause, but it is also true that in other cases law enforcement has escalated the situation at protests. I was at one such protest, that was completely peaceful to begin with, and resulted in tear gas and water cannons being used without provocation. I have heard of multiple other such situations in other cities, with videos on social media confirming the accounts.

Law enforcement has been found outright lying about the sequence of events. In one instance, the press release from the police department stated that protesters rammed their vehicle into a police vehicle. Video was then released on social media from protesters behind the alleged perpetrator showing them crossing an intersection lawfully and an armored SWAT truck speeding through the intersection and ramming into the side of the car. The police department eventually retracted their statement when social media forced the local TV channels to show the footage of the incident (the local media initially refused to share protester accounts).

And these are just examples where protesters have clear videos of the excesses of law enforcement.

For someone with your age and qualifications you are being extraordinarily stupid. I guess you wake up completely conscience with completely aware and are never confused.....

I take it that you consider passing out in a drivethru with a loaded gun on the lap with the car still in D the epitome of intelligent citizenship? Even without a gun, driving a 4,000 lb car in that state of impairment is a danger to the driver and all those around.

Translation to US law enforcement English:

1. Black Man
2. Black Man in Mercedes
3. Black Man in Mercedes with gun
4. Black Man in Mercedes with gun, passed out
Conclusion: Drug trafficker, dangerous criminal and murderer - lethal approach justified.

That is what it seemed like, to me; added to that, he was passed out => black man tripped out on his own drugs.

Black people should annex themselves from the states.

254259317adc2cfc7f0942df16589f5e91-13-schism-2.2x.w900.jpg

Malcolm X already tried that, but he was shot.

1. Is it illegal to own a gun? Not if you keep it at home but you need a permit to carry it.
  2. Is it illegal for a black American to own a gun? Don't be an a$$
  3. Is it illegal to carry around a gun you own? Yes you need a permit
  4. Is it illegal to carry around a loaded gun you own? Yes you need a permit
  5. Is it illegal to drive a Mercedes Benz? Should Daimler Benz be told about this? See 2
  6. Is it illegal to pass out? 2 again
  7. Is it illegal to own a gun, to carry it around loaded, to carry it into a Mercedes Benz, perhaps (o the arrogance on display) even to be a black person and own a Mercedes, and then, owning a gun, carrying it around, loaded, in your own Mercedes, to pass out? 2
  8. If all these are illegal, is it then legal to shoot you dead while you are not fully conscious? More white people are killed by the police in the US each year. link
Somehow, I think I am missing something. Yes see 2

That is what it seemed like, to me; added to that, he was passed out => black man tripped out on his own drugs.

But let's ignore the part where he moves his arms despite being told to keep his hands visible. Oh Joe.

I can imagine reacting like that waking up and muzzy....Oh well.

Fair enough, but what would you expect the officer to do in that split second? Is he waking up fuzzy, or is he feigning? He has clear access to a weapon.

Fair enough, but what would you expect the officer to do in that split second? Is he waking up fuzzy, or is he feigning? He has clear access to a weapon.
Back up behind the vehicle to a safe distance, behind some cover, and use a bull horn/megaphone.

Again, the issue here is that there is too much of a focus on direct confrontation and escalation, in situations where people are not in imminent danger and there is no justification for assessing the situation as one where there is a threat to people.

If I'm not comfortable with older white people walking around with open carry weapons in the rural south, does that give me justification to shoot them preemptively because I assessed them as a threat because:

White+weapon+south+dirty look == Redneck, Neo-Nazi racist who might shoot me in a hate crime?

Back
Top Bottom