What's new

PNS Saif 253 on the way- new pictures!!!!

According to Wikipedia, PNS Saif was launched on May 28, 2009. Do you mean it will be commissioned in November4th, 2010 ?
yes, will be inducted as per reports.

Pakistan should have opted for more capable and longer-range HQ-9

we have been listening tht PN may go for four more F-22p frigates, the modified version. as far as i can figure out, the SAM will be the lone department that can be modified and replaced with a better system. if this happens to be true, it will be a great addition.
at present, the air defence, specially long range air defence if the feild in which the F-22p seriously lack.:pakistan:

regards!

Thanks for the info. HQ9 may not be included with Type 054A frigate that Pakistan Navy may order. Pakistan needs destroyers I hope that they will order Type 052C destroyers from China.

TF-2000 is also a option. I would hope

yes, will be inducted as per reports.

we have been listening tht PN may go for four more F-22p frigates, the modified version. as far as i can figure out, the SAM will be the lone department that can be modified and replaced with a better system. if this happens to be true, it will be a great addition.
at present, the air defence, specially long range air defence if the feild in which the F-22p seriously lack.:pakistan:

regards!

The F22P isn't intended for long range air defence, so it is not surprising to find it lacking in this area:rolleyes:

The F22P isn't intended for long range air defence, so it is not surprising to find it lacking in this area:rolleyes:
even though not so surprising but still a deficiency...:undecided:

i guess we were discussing that if PN do go for modrenised F-22p (rumored) what could be the potential upgrades!!

anyways! :rolleyes:
regards!

How does the F-22 compare with the Krivak IV (Talwar) class Frigates of the IN ..??

p.s.: Not intentended to flame.Can be left unanswered if not willing.

How does the F-22 compare with the Krivak IV (Talwar) class Frigates of the IN ..??

Well, Talwar Class of the IN has stealth features, unlike F-22 i guess....pardon my ignorance if wrong....

Cheers!!!

Well, Talwar Class of the IN has stealth features, unlike F-22 i guess....pardon my ignorance if wrong....

Cheers!!!

No dude thats the Shivalik class that has stealth design..not Talwar class..thats Y i didn mention Shivalik class intentionaly in my post.

Talwar is a its 4000 tonne ship, while F-22P is 2500 tonne ship.

Plus Talwar class has superiority in the SAM system with a longer ranged system, a 100mm gun compared to a 76.2mm gun, Talwar has a VLS which can be used for launching anti ship & cruise missiles, F-22P lacks such VLS.

Overall the talwar class would be superior due to large tonnage as well as due to superior weapon systems as well as the Russian tech factor.

Talwar is a its 4000 tonne ship, while F-22P is 2500 tonne ship.

Plus Talwar class has superiority in the SAM system with a longer ranged system, a 100mm gun compared to a 76.2mm gun, Talwar has a VLS which can be used for launching anti ship & cruise missiles, F-22P lacks such VLS.

Overall the talwar class would be superior due to large tonnage as well as due to superior weapon systems as well as the Russian tech factor.

Hmmm. So how will the C802 s be launched..??.I guess similar to the how the Brahmos is launched in IN ships lacking VLS...inclined launch.

Correct?

It would also be great if u could give the specifications of the Radars,FCS that are being used.Couldn get in detail wen i searched.

Hmmm. So how will the C802 s be launched..??.I guess similar to the how the Brahmos is launched in IN ships lacking VLS...inclined launch.

Correct?

It would also be great if u could give the specifications of the Radars,FCS that are being used.Couldn get in detail wen i searched.

F-22P has 8 box shaped launchers carrying 8 anti-ship missiles, 4 missiles pointing at each sides. The are fired sideways not vertically.

Some of the radars and systems which are or variants of these radars on F-22P:

Type 517 Radar (2-D long range air search)
Type 363 Radar (air search)
Type 345 Radar (SAM fire-control)
Type 347 Radar (CIWS fire-control)
TRC47C radar

F-22P has 8 box shaped launchers carrying 8 anti-ship missiles, 4 missiles pointing at each sides. The are fired sideways not vertically.

Some of the radars and systems which are or variants of these radars on F-22P:

Type 517 Radar (2-D long range air search)
Type 363 Radar (air search)
Type 345 Radar (SAM fire-control)
Type 347 Radar (CIWS fire-control)
TRC47C radar

the VLS is more of a one solution to multiple probles, ability to launch Land attach missiles, SAM and ASh Missiles from one launch site. moreover also facilitates as the ship need not be oriented in a particular direction to engage target.

regards!

25_66_4d222151e991f8c.jpg

Alhamdolillah...MashAllah....very beautiful ship...
Looks great.....Inshallah it will be SaifUllah for the enemies...:)
:pakistan::pdf:

Back
Top Bottom