What's new

PN recieves Spruance class destroyer

A simple drawback for your plan is, if India gets itselves good anti-submarine warfare technology( and it has good enough), you will be doomed. You are putting all your eggs in one basket, which is bad for defence technologies.

Pakistan shouldnt just focus on subs alone, navy has to take more aggresive approach when it comes to their capabilities. Besides getting new figs and subs, they should also concentrate on the acquisition of modern ASW,AAW destroyers to make it an all round affective naval force not just a sub force alone. The capability of firing Babur from subs while submerged is also essential.

The capability of firing Babur from subs while submerged is also essential.

Is it against land or against ship?

If it is against ship, the 700 mile range of babur will be wasted, because the sonars in submarines are not that efficient.

If it is against land, do you mean that it will be a "NUCLEAR" cruise missile? other wise, attacking from subs is an utter waste of money. in that case would nt a ballistic missile be better.

If it is against ship, the 700 mile range of babur will be wasted, because the sonars in submarines are not that efficient.

If it is against land, do you mean that it will be a "NUCLEAR" cruise missile? other wise, attacking from subs is an utter waste of money. in that case would nt a ballistic missile be better.

I dont believe that babur will be for ships because pakistan is already getting another chinese anti ship missle YJ82 and FM-90 for surface to air along with the F-22p.
Baburs main objective will be to strike the strategic targets within india and it doesnt need to be nuclear, for ballistic the subs need to be very huge that can carry ballistic missle and pakistan doesnt have any.

nato and us many time use land attack cruise missiles by thier sub.,s. are you think they are stupid

Lol, Bhangra, its not about the sonars on the sub at all. The only thing the sub needs to do is come within the range of the target for the missile, that is all. Sonars are not required for this. The LACM is GPS guided , mostly has tercom so all the sub really needs to do is launch it with a GPS location.

And India already has this capability.

Actually the USN stopped using the Navalised Tomahawk because accuracy at longer ranges was difficult. The is generally a fair amount of error with inertial targeting and accuracy at distance is hard to maintain.

Lol, Bhangra, its not about the sonars on the sub at all. The only thing the sub needs to do is come within the range of the target for the missile, that is all. Sonars are not required for this. The LACM is GPS guided , mostly has tercom so all the sub really needs to do is launch it with a GPS location.

And India already has this capability.

yaa, it will attack a ship using gps, right!!!!!

The talk about sonars was with respect to ships.

nato and us many time use land attack cruise missiles by thier sub.,s. are you think they are stupid

Read my statement, it is all about money. Do you want to use your sub and give its location to drop just "one conventional bomb"? and that too with decreased range and bomb weight(due to a subs limitations).

To put that into perspective, on the first day of war on iraq, more than 2000 bombs were thrown.

Using subs to attack land using conventional options is a waste of money and gross underutilization of the sub itself.

Actually the USN stopped using the Navalised Tomahawk because accuracy at longer ranges was difficult. The is generally a fair amount of error with inertial targeting and accuracy at distance is hard to maintain.

This is not true, we still use what is in service. The anti-ship version of tomahawk has been out of service for sometime now. There is a modifaction going on now, my friend who still is in the navy has yet to get back to me. I think if PN had the money they could go with all new frigates and a few destroyers to match the Indn. navy . Any ships such as the De Zeven Provincien DDG, the german Brandenburg or the Sachsen FFG's would be a big help. But said to say the money is not there.:undecided:

as far as i know, this USS Fletcher has been withdrawn from USN service, stripped off all modern C3 equipment and weapons (not sold to other countries like the tomahawk) and berthed at pearl harbour. it has been gifted to PN by executive powers of the president of the USA.
if PN wants this ship, it will require upgrades and refit costing at least US$ 100 mill. in my opinion the PN is not interested.

Hey guys does any one know if we are still gona get this Spruance Class Destroyer or not as US promised? any views we need this ship!:toast_sign:

Assalamulaykum,

Obviously its looks like a hunk of junk with everything being stripped out of the ship.
However the important bit is that they are willing to give us the ship FOR FREE.
Despite the fact it will cost millions just to fix it up instead we should take it, study it, and pull the whole ship apart. Then maybe the Gwadar seaport may actually be an industrial hub for the PN.

Perhaps then we can build a basis for building our own battleships.
In my opinion we should absolutely take it, especially when it is FREE.

Even understanding the Chasis designs will help us in the long run.
Its literally a free blueprint...

However from reading other people's posts, it seems the PN is not "interested." Why?
As I said before, we could attempt to study the ship and how it is made...which could help the PN make their own battleships/destroyers or whatever you want to call them.

Allah Hafiz

Pakistan had around 6 months to give their approval for the transfer of the Fletcher but that deadline has passed and we have heard nothing. So I guess the PN is not interested. The admiral also stated they are looking for a contract on 4 new built frigates and 4 new corvettes and you also have the Submarine tender out but no mention of this ship.

its a dead issue. PN is not interested. it will cost US$ 80-100m to retro-fit this ship.

it means that this ship is not comming .. thats good because US also offer the same ship to India, Turkey and Greece also

Back
Top Bottom