What's new

PN recieves Spruance class destroyer

RAPTOR said:
Your country operates a 40 year old aircraft carrier, just bought a 30 year old carrier from Russia..... and you dont want Pakistan to have the pleasure of getting a lethal ship that is 20 years old?? :rolleyes:

I think there is a difference, the capabilities of an aircraft carrier depend a lot on the actual planes which will be relatively new. It will be protected by other ships which will be pretty new as well.

I think there is a fundamental difference between normal destroyers and frigates and aircraft carriers.

I think there is a difference, the capabilities of an aircraft carrier depend a lot on the actual planes which will be relatively new. It will be protected by other ships which will be pretty new as well.

I think there is a fundamental difference between normal destroyers and frigates and aircraft carriers.

Then Babur or Harpoon will do the same trick... Fundamentally...

does anyone has new info on Spruance class destroyer?

Pakistan had around 6 months to give their approval for the transfer of the Fletcher but that deadline has passed and we have heard nothing. So I guess the PN is not interested. The admiral also stated they are looking for a contract on 4 new built frigates and 4 new corvettes and you also have the Submarine tender out but no mention of this ship.

Harpoons will be a must. Babur can become an option, or combination of both. Possible? I think so.

Only if the Babur is an exact / close to / or reverse engineered Tomahawk. Unfortunately I don't have the specs on what the Babur really is.

It is good to have destroyer of this deadly class. If it successfully fires babur missile then will enhanse PN capibilities in firing missiles from ships. but i dont know what type type of SAM it has?

Does anyone realize that this ship is almist 2.5 decade old? and the annual cost of this ship will be 35,000,000 $

The reason pakistan will be getting this ship for free is because she has reached the end of her service life. pakistan will again have to invest millions in retrofitting. But she will give a good offensive punch to the Navy.

After all she is the most heaviset and biggest ship in Pak inventory. I must admit she dosent look that impressive will only a crew of 350, I thought she would be bigger than this. Anyway i would personally have a cruiser CLEVELAND, or BROOKLYN in pak inventort rather than a decopmmissioned destroyer.

Here is the link for the bill passed by the US Congress in late 2005 about the transfer of USS Fletcher to Pakistan:

http://www.********************/news/FullNews/2005/Dec2005/PN_billtext.pdf

yeah it was too big for them to handle

Admin Note: Maintenance and affordability vise.

the PN is not going to buy this destroyer. it has been stripped of all USN avionic and C3 components. PN will have to pay for upgrades which could cost upto 80-100m USD.
its a no-go
spend this money on chinese F-22s!

Back
Top Bottom