What's new

PN issues Navigational Warning: Cruise Missile Firing Imminent

That means Zarb Missile which was tested once only and no details were revealed.

I quoted MODP website last week on one of the threads about a ship launched missile in development for anti-land and anti-shipping. Here it is again!

"Contract for the indigenous development of 1 ship-borne system with 1 Land Attack Missile and 1 Anti ship Missile. The project will complete by Oct 2018."

This test could be part of this program, maybe they're in the testing phase.
Right guys, made a few phone calls, only so much information could be disclosed for now.
It's a brand new totally indigenous land based anti-ship missile.....so it's not any Chinese system being test fired. :pakistan:

This is where the indians get confused

We do this stuff without much fanfare
We get on with it, fail, fix the problem and aim to accomplish the task.

To those trying to look they will see these signs and tidbits of information and understand Pakistani scientists and engineers are working hard and a few years down the road we will reveal our new system

Indians see nothing, they are totally blind to this, so when we suddenly come out with a Babur 3 or Ababeel they go into melt down and denial

I hope it's Ship launched version of Babur and with at least 800 KM range

We have been trying to fit our Babur into those C-802 tubes on board our F-22p Zulfiquar Class frigates. May be that have been accomplished.
I will be more happy if it is some AShW weapon, land or ship based. Our surface fleet is not adequate to carry LACMs (with no proper air cover) and it will be more about power projection rather than having significant tactical value.
C-802 & Babur have a great difference in diameters (besides the launch mechanisms, rail configurations), so I don't think they ever tried to do that. It is no big deal to develop a ship-based launch system with multiple tubes for Babur.

Anyways this one may very well turn out to be the second trial of Zarb (C-602) weapon system or Babur-II GLCM's first trial with a radar seeker.

C-802 & Babur have a great difference in diameters (besides the launch mechanisms, rail configurations), so I don't think they ever tried to do that. It is no big deal to develop a ship-based launch system with multiple tubes for Babur.

Anyways this one may very well turn out to be the second trial of Zarb (C-602) weapon system or Babur-II GLCM's first trial with a radar seeker.
yup, there is significant difference and that is why i myself am specktical. As for work, no i am not aware of actual WORK in progress. It was however discussed as a possibility/idea a few years back. I guess they have also realized that this is essentially developing a new system altogether. :)
C603 SHOULD not have been termed as an indeginious system.

C603 SHOULD not have been termed as an indeginious system.

There is nothing official what azb is... it may not b c 603 or derivative... not even a picture released ever

If it was straight forward c 603 ... whats is the need of test firing it?????

Any firing is called user trial in that case

Last edited:
China offers export version of YJ-12 supersonic anti-ship missile

Andrew Tate, London and Neil Gibson, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
09 November 2016

1686124_-_main.jpg

The CM-302 missile exhibited at Airshow China 2016 is being marketed for export as the world's best anti-ship missile, according to Chinese news media. Source: Via sina.com.cn

The CM-302 missile exhibited at Airshow China 2016 is being marketed for export as "the world's best anti-ship missile", according to Chinese news media.

The missile's manufacturer, state-owned China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC), reportedly justifies the claim on the grounds that the missile is supersonic throughout its flight, can be launched from air, land, and naval platforms, and used in a land attack role.

A report published by the China Daily newspaper also confirmed that the CM-302, which was allegedly one of the exhibits to have attracted the most enquiries at this year's air show in Zhuhai, is closely related to the YJ-12 supersonic anti-ship missile (ASM), which is in service with China's armed forces.

The report states that the CM-302 has a range of 280 km, a warhead of 250 kg, and a 90% probability of hitting its target. CASIC claims that the missile is effective against large warships, such as aircraft carriers and destroyers, with a single missile having the capacity to disable a 5,000-tonne warship.

While the news report provides few details about the CM-302's propulsion and flight profile, it said that the missile sea-skims for most of the flight and manoeuvres during the terminal phase to defeat the defensive weapons of ships.

Previously published reports about the YJ-12 indicate that the ramjet-powered missile achieves a mid-course speed of Mach 1.5-2, accelerating to Mach 3 or higher during the terminal phase of the flight.

The missile is guided by satellite navigation - specifically by China's BeiDou Navigation Satellite System - to a target location, which can be updated by data link. Terminal homing is driven by an active radar seeker.

Assuming the missile's physical characteristics are similar to those of the YJ-12, the CM-302 is likely to be a large missile of around 7 m in length, 0.6 m diameter, and with an estimated weight of around 2,000-2,500 kg.

To read the full article, Client Login
(337 of 917 words)

China offers export version of YJ-12 supersonic anti-ship missile | IHS Jane's 360

I think they will test on or very close to 23rd March - if my guess is correct then it will be "BIG" news.

a long range high speed ASh ballistic missile along the lines for DF21.......

Right guys, made a few phone calls, only so much information could be disclosed for now.
It's a brand new totally indigenous land based anti-ship missile.....so it's not any Chinese system being test fired. :pakistan:

There is nothing official what azb is... it may not b c 603 or derivative... not even a picture released ever

If it was straight forward c 603 ... whats is the need of test firing it?????

Any firing is called user trial in that case
We test fire Harpoons as well so i wont say that there was not need to fire it if it was C602

Oh well. Hope its something awesome. Our neighboring trolls better get ready with their usual set if lines.

Its fake.

Its Chinese made.

It changes colours.

Clearly its computer graphics " initiated" ( not computer generated imagery according to the experts)

Clearly its stolen

And when all are answered some guy sitting in front of his computer operating from his parents basement will say that the missile travels 8000 miles per second so its fake only to see his face in mud when somebody points that its not one video but two frames genius.

When all fails they will revert to point one.

@Arsalan @The Deterrent @Zarvan @Windjammer @Zibago really wonder what they will come up with this time and by they I mean our neighbors.

Anyhow hope its something amazing. God knows our naval power needs massive improvement along with air defence.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom