What's new

Pakistan set to test missile this week

We discussed the problem of using height to calculate range.
Shaheen II/III diameter is around 1.4 meter but the weight is around 23.6 tons.
In comparison, Agni II weigh 16 tonn but diameter for Agni II is 1.3 meter
Agni II has length of 21 meter as compared to 17.38 meter for Shaheen II.

Assume 10 % more diameter is proportional to R^2 = 121 % which means 20% change in per unit volume. Hence theoretically, Shaheen II length is 17.38*1.2=~21 meter

=>Both missiles are of same volume but Shaheen II is heavier than Agni II

But 6-7 tonns extra weight(due to lack of composite while agni II used some composite) undermines its range. Shaheen II range should be around ~1500-1700 KM

Shaheen III looks similar to Shaheen II but appears lighter to shaheen II. The diameter is same.if the weight is around 20 tons then range more than 3000 KM is almost impossible for any size of payload
I doubt if Shaheen can deliver 1000 kg of payload at distance more than 2500Km(if it uses similar fuel but weigh more than agni II)
My estimates say that Shaheen III range of 2750 KM is exaggerated.

1000 Kg: 2000-2500 KM
500 kg: 2750 KM
Weight reduction by having composite in single stage : 3 tons
Pak will have to make 1 stage of solid rocket engine composite if it desires to launch payload of 1000 kg payload in 2750-3000 Km range
Just calculate the distance between the the two coordinates and then later you can impress us.

which cordinates u are talking about sir?
The thread is started with the maritime Security message which gives coordinates of the test. From that difference of Latitude between coordinates is about 1380 nautical miles and d long adds another 5 nautical miles to the range approximately. So the distance between coordinates is 1385 nautical miles or 2565 kilometers. That is the intended test range.

he only thing i still remeber about projectile motion is that at 45 degree angle projectile cover maximum distance. . .
Can,t relate this with my question.....

bhayya, pehlay aik baar formulae dekh lain uskay phir say plz.

doesn't mean we will put that missile on makran coast and fir it will sure come from deep in country

6 pages of people guessing that will it be !!

Can't a karachiite drive to Gadani or a nearby beach not far from sonmiani launch site with a good zoom lens and tripod Record a good quality video of the launch. fed up of those mobile phone 10 second video release of ISPR.
Atleast show first stage separation

It will be funny to see most of you get disappointed if they fire, lets say a Shaheen 1A.
It takes more than 1 test firing for a system to become operational. Our people always start to speculate for a new and longer range missile smh..

It will be funny to see most of you get disappointed if they fire, lets say a Shaheen 1A.
It takes more than 1 test firing for a system to become operational. Our people always start to speculate for a new and longer range missile smh..
Obviously it is shaheen 3 . No other Pakistani missile can rise to 600 km altitude

yar iss wari koi aik wada hi suttoo koi hik 4000 , 5000 km wala... ki roola rooz roooz de chooty chooty suttan da.... hik wari india nu chup kra chadooo...

the only thing i still remeber about projectile motion is that at 45 degree angle projectile cover maximum distance. . .
Can,t relate this with my question.....
Ballistic are quite different than projectile motion due to the powered flight and then the war+guidance unit fall under the influence of gravity have already been accelerated. Then the guidance unit on most of Pakistani ballistic missiles adjust their attitude and direction to hit the target precisely and also to avoid any counter-meaures

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom