What's new

PM rejects criticism of dual nationals holding public office

Probably not my place to comment since India does not allow dual nationality at all.
But if you would allow my 2 cents on the matter, I think if any dual nationality person wants to enter govt service, they should first give up the foreign passport. Govt service should require absolute loyalty to that nation. Absolute loyalty to one nation will be difficult and may be even immoral if you also are a citizen of another nation. Also, there is a risk that the dual national person will then run away after corruption and give up your citizenship. It will be difficult then to bring such people to account.

“I don’t know why people say that dual nationals cannot get any public office and cannot become a minister and why they [people] move courts every other day,” the prime minister said

Had the Prime Minister hired any one of those expat "best minds, professionals and entrepreneurs" instead of the unqualified dolts he tows around, he would have known that being a dual national would be a "conflict of interest" for any public office holder. Which should be a very serious matter in a country which cannot produce two honest men/women after every hundred thousand.

You cannot appoint seasonal ministers who have no long term personal stake in the country. Not that those who do are any more loyal to it. If an expat truly wants to "serve the country" as a political appointee or a minister then he/she should have no problem relinquishing his/her dual nationality.

Why? :- “We do not have a bigger asset than that [overseas Pakistanis]. Best minds, professionals and entrepreneurs are outside the country. When we will create [conducive] conditions in the country, this big resource pool can return to the country,” he added "

Something seriously wrong with our education and human development system if overseas Pakistanis have brighter minds.

The education system is a part of the problem but not the primary factor. Pakistan still produces brilliant minds from the handful of decent educational institutes that it has left. Heck, Pakistan produces brilliant minds from educational institutes that are a joke. What the country/society does to them after they step out of their universities and colleges is the problem. The minority that has the means, runs away. The majority which does not, gets ground down to a life of misery. We don't just ignore our best, we actively seek them out and destroy them.

So, the Prime Minister is absolutely incorrect. The best minds, professionals, and entrepreneurs are not outside the country. A far larger number of them are still in Pakistan. You don't see them because we've created an environment in the country which actively seeks them out and destroys them. You see the successful ones abroad because the environments there nurture their abilities and facilitate them into achieving what they were meant to achieve. Had the Prime Minister not been just giving nonsensical excuses, he would have realized that and worked towards rectifying it.

Have a look at Israelis people. They do the opposite in general. So what is the difference or what is wrong with us ?

What a contrast. I have read books on how mossad uses dual israeli nationals to ship knowledge and money out of their host country back to israel, among other stuff...

Not really. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Knesset members cannot pledge allegiance unless their foreign citizenship has been revoked.

Last edited:
Yeah politics is not business in Pakistan lol. Hamid mir ke program kum dekha karo.

Sue him for copying me and invest the money in Khi infrastructure.

Why Pakistanis would behave like this ?

Have a look at Israelis people. They do the opposite in general. So what is the difference or what is wrong with us ?

Pakistan is not israel and we have been looted and wealth stashed abroad. So pardon us if we dont trust those who give up on the country and prefer to live and raise offspring in a foreign country and culture. Already they are devoid of ground realities of the country and most run away with state secrets in the end. We even had an imported PM.
Overseas pakistanis play a vital role and we are thankful, but kindly leave the governance to us and u go govern the country of ur residence if they deem u equal enough.

Why Pakistanis would behave like this ?

There is movement out of Israel which does not get reported.

People flee corruption everywhere

but kindly leave the governance to us

You are no one to say that. What made you think that you could?

and u go govern the country of ur residence if they deem u equal enough.

Believe it or not, a Pakistani has his rights better protected in most of these adopted countries than in Pakistan.

Last edited:
You are no one to say that. What made you think that you could?

Believe it or not, a Pakistani has his rights better protected in most of these adopted countries than in Pakistan.

Then they should serve that country happily and not see dreams of being imported to their country of birth for ministries and advisors and run the day its over.
Those who have no stake in the country, not even worth educating ur kids in, not worth investing in, then we r better off with locals. Someone that cant forgo dual nationality for the country should just never come.

Then they should serve that country happily and not see dreams of being imported to their country of birth for ministries and advisors and run the day its over.
Those who have no stake in the country, not even worth educating ur kids in, not worth investing in, then we r better off with locals. Someone that cant forgo dual nationality for the country should just never come.

You are trying to side step. You told another Pakistani that he could not voice his opinion on Pakistan's governance/affairs because he is an overseas Pakistani. Then you threw a jibe about him supposedly not being considered equal in that country. Not only were both of your comments false, out of line, in breach of another Pakistani's rights, and beyond your capacity, they also had nothing to do with his supposed "dreams of being imported to their country of birth for ministries and advisors".

I don't want to make this into another idiotic and typically Pakistani debate about Pakistanis A Vs Pakistanis B but please bear in mind that the two men we accredit the existence of Pakistan to were both "overseas Pakistanis", at one point or the other.

Last edited:
You are trying to side step. You told another Pakistani that he could not voice his opinion on Pakistan's governance/affairs because he is an overseas Pakistani. Then you threw a jibe about him supposedly not being considered equal in that country. Not only were both of your comments false, out of line, in breach of another Pakistani's rights, and beyond your capacity, they also had nothing to do with his supposed "dreams of being imported to their country of birth for ministries and advisors".

I don't want to make this into another idiotic and typically Pakistani debate about Pakistanis A Vs Pakistanis B but please bear in mind that the two men we accredit the existence of Pakistan to were both "overseas Pakistanis", at one point or the other.

I did not object to him voicing anything but my objection was generally for dual nationals holding public office. It was not directed at a specific person, maybe u couldnt comprehend. Also it was not a jibe but a sincere thought, if they give u equal rights n all then do politics and hold public office in that country instead of being imported as a minister or advisor or even PM to Pakistan.

Pakistan is not israel and we have been looted and wealth stashed abroad. So pardon us if we dont trust those who give up on the country and prefer to live and raise offspring in a foreign country and culture. Already they are devoid of ground realities of the country and most run away with state secrets in the end. We even had an imported PM.
Overseas pakistanis play a vital role and we are thankful, but kindly leave the governance to us and u go govern the country of ur residence if they deem u equal enough.

Bro what you are not able to see is what we lack as Pakistanis. We lack identity, a National Identity !
As I have many said on this forum, we are still looking at an Identity !
We were not able to build a National Identity. Everyone define itself as Punjabi or Sindhi or Baluchi or Kashmiri etc. Add to that some are defining themselves as Sunni or Shia or Christian etc... We are defining India as our enemy but confused as we are, most of us watch bollywood films etc.

We are in the 21st century but with Middle Ages mindset. We are using modern concepts without knowing what they are. What are the prerequisites etc...

We lost the jazba our elders had when they fought for our own country. Our awam is musguided by every mullah, politician, patwaris. It’s kind of “ ye hey hamara mulk, ye hey hum aur ye hey humary pawry” if I can put a joke.
If our country was modern enough but still with its true Islamic values, then be sure Pakistan would have been the USA or Israel of Asia ! It would have foreigners who would bring their money in Pakistan.
If Pakistan was not working on its beradery or its ethnicity Pakistani awam be it dual nationality holder or not, would have made Pakistan more stronger , as everyone would have been accountable for everything. Justice would have been true justice, and Pakistan’s voice would have not been the peanut in the monkey mouth’s value.
What I see is even if someone is more experienced he would not have any chance to offer its valuable experience to Pakistan. Because of your mindset. You are happy we send remittances but that’s all. You are telling us go f.ck off.
You are telling me that I’m not seeing the ground reality, but what you are not seeing is why and how these foreign countries are developed and what they offers to their national even if they are dual nationality holders. Something you as Pakistanis are not able to offer even to
Pakistanis.

you won’t be able to build a modern Pakistan with that mindset.

It’s very sad. What you said me broke all what jazba I have as being Pakistani ! Thank you very much Bro.

Now tell me how many will apply for green card if were told USA is opening its country to Pakistanis ? Be sure 95% if not 100% of Pakistanis would queue in front of the US consulate.

iK is a liar, anything he does should be seen as a malevolent act as he is a an agent of a hostile entity.
None of his appointment are for merit but are designed to destroy the country and dismantle the state brick by brick. His supporters are at traitors wether in the establishment or voters

iK is a liar, anything he does should be seen as a malevolent act as he is a an agent of a hostile entity.
None of his appointment are for merit but are designed to destroy the country and dismantle the state brick by brick. His supporters are at traitors wether in the establishment or voters
Any mods see any problem with this or special leeway for patwaris?

Faisal wowow is a dual national, hafeez sheikh is a dual national most of his special assistant are dual national or just Pakistani national traitors

Back
Top Bottom