What's new

PM rejects criticism of dual nationals holding public office

Well bro, I didn’t had time to reread all posts, but having listened to PM Imran Khan’s speech after confidence vote, I understand the need to ban any dual national to hold public office.

I think that I became over emotional when I read here someone wrote that dual national must stay out of Pakistan’s politic. Over emotional despite being single nationality holder myself. Yes I don’t have French nationality. I’m simple overseas Pakistani residing in France because I’ve followed my father in my childhood. But it doesn’t mean that I don’t see France as my second home country despite all what had been said about this country and despite all the shor shraba we heard against Islamists and the caricatures.

My point of view was that we can have (maybe wrongly) some mitigations processes to avoid that but, after having listened Imran Khan’s speech today, I say humbly that you all were / are correct. Because they have means to channel money outside of the country.
So yes you all are right and I was wrong.

@TNT @FuturePAF @CodeforFood @Old School @El Sidd

I hope I didn’t forget tagging someone involved in this discussion with me.
Thank you for understanding! That only shows that you have a mature head on your shoulder and good intent towards the country(likewise for us too) you were born in.

Well bro, I didn’t had time to reread all posts, but having listened to PM Imran Khan’s speech after confidence vote, I understand the need to ban any dual national to hold public office.

I think that I became over emotional when I read here someone wrote that dual national must stay out of Pakistan’s politic. Over emotional despite being single nationality holder myself. Yes I don’t have French nationality. I’m simple overseas Pakistani residing in France because I’ve followed my father in my childhood. But it doesn’t mean that I don’t see France as my second home country despite all what had been said about this country and despite all the shor shraba we heard against Islamists and the caricatures.

My point of view was that we can have (maybe wrongly) some mitigations processes to avoid that but, after having listened Imran Khan’s speech today, I say humbly that you all were / are correct. Because they have means to channel money outside of the country.
So yes you all are right and I was wrong.

@TNT @FuturePAF @CodeforFood @Old School @El Sidd

I hope I didn’t forget tagging someone involved in this discussion with me.

Nothing wrong with standing up for your view point. I appreciate your effort to rereading the posts and seeing the challenge the PM mentioned. Thank you.

My dear Brothers, we are here to learn, to widen our vision, to increase our knowledge. The process of learning does not stop when we leave school. We have to learn during all our life. At least we should ! Being wrong or doing mistakes is not shameful as long as we recognise the wrong or the mistake and accept to learn and try to not repeat it. if we are able to do so it’s an opportunity to evolve, it’s what we professionally call continuous improvements.

It’s a lesson I teach everyday to my children.
Please pray Allah that they would never forget it. 👍

Back
Top Bottom