What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don’t get why people treat the constitution of Pakistan like the word of god really. It’s probably the most useless thing that exists in the country and is one of the worst written constitutions in the history of constitutions. So many loopholes and ambiguities exist in it, it’s so subjective that every party, wether opposition or government, applies it selectively whenever it suits them and nearly always gets away with it. It has never done anything for the betterment of the state and people. Regardless of the outcomes of this entire fiasco, the country needs a better constitution (and better enforcement too yes, but you can enforce something that’s inherently flawed already).

ohhh hoo

Yeh jaggg gaieeee - in kalle suwaron ko b jala deana chahyh

277738284_5163835280342964_7280699089302265789_n.jpg

EVMs might not be available for countrywide elections. Sheikh Rasheed also said something like this.

If the Americans were so directly and deeply involved to topple Imran Khan's govt then Pakistani Establishment wouldn't have allowed that! And if the Pakistani Establishment were to have allowed that then God help Pakistan!
A separate investigation must have been carried out to look into the foreign connection and take to task the anti-Pakistan elements. But here we have dozens of Imran Khan loyalists switching side because of money given to them. When that was happening for the last several weeks, what were the Pakistani intelligence agencies doing?? Napping??

This whole drama is about greedy MNAs trying to make quick bucks because their tenure is ending. Nothing new in Pakistan's history. MNAs have been bought and sold. Plenty of deep pockets in Pakistan. What's strange is that Imran Khan didn't see it coming that so many of his loyalists switched sides and despite the bravado he now realized the game was going to be over. And he should have become a Political Martyr instead of taking his unconstitutional route!! He would have not only a moral victory but also a political one.
Agree, but I've not been buying this charade from the start. If there was a foreign plot to oust him, he's just kicked himself out for free. I don't buy the whole story, his MPs were looking to abandon him for a very long time, they are afraid of losing their seats in an upcoming elections and some have been willing to walk for well over a year now if it means that they will have a seat not contested by PPP or PML. Even Imran's Q league and MQM allies stood besides him for either political prudence or because of explicit phone calls from the establishment, MQM revealed that they stopped receiving these calls in the last round of political developments so they've since abandoned the coalition.

What are you talking about?
i am talking about how government wants courts to function under her jurisdiction. Gov
saying the obvious, our courts are the most corrupt in the world (check the rankings) and whatever is written in the law or constitution, they always find a way around it.
These same courts have declared the PM sadek n emin despite Nasla tower bani gala debacle
Model town

not being charged officially for the LAST 3 YEARS!

50 Rs Stamp
ask the government prosecution team

I don’t get why people treat the constitution of Pakistan like the word of god really. It’s probably the most useless thing that exists in the country and is one of the worst written constitutions in the history of constitutions. So many loopholes and ambiguities exist in it, it’s so subjective that every party, wether opposition or government, applies it selectively whenever it suits them and nearly always gets away with it. It has never done anything for the betterment of the state and people. Regardless of the outcomes of this entire fiasco, the country needs a better constitution (and better enforcement too yes, but you can enforce something that’s inherently flawed already).
Took the words right out of my mouth.

If Supreme court was that much interested
  • Cancel bail orders for Shabaz Sharif
  • Cancel bail orders for Hamza Sharif
  • Cancel bail orders for Maryerm Sharif
  • Let us know when Nawaz Sharif is returning back to Pakistan as promised by Guarantor Showbaz Sharif
  • Let us know why the Properties were not Auctioned to recover assets
They may choose to cite this as a reason not to intervene in ordinary affairs of parliament. But there are examples in plenty of countries in courts intervening where they judge that a move was conducted under "malafide intent". Here we're talking about a constitutional violation, which is under their jurisdiction. Article 69 should be read within the context of the Article 67, "subject to the constitution".

67Rules of Procedure, etc.
(1)Subject to the Constitution, a House may make rules for regulating its procedure and the conduct of its business, and shall have power to act notwithstanding any vacancy in the membership thereof, and any proceedings in the House shall not be invalid on the ground that some persons who were not entitled to do so sat, voted or otherwise took part in the proceedings.
(2)Until rules are made under clause (1), the procedure and conduct of business in a House shall be regulated by the rules of procedure made by the President.

Hence everything written in subsequent articles, including 69, including the independence of the assembly are subject to the constitution. You are right that the courts could in theory cite Art. 69 and refrain, but the suo moto notice, the questioning of the deputy speaker's use of Article 5, the summoning of the AG etc., don't point to this to be the case. And as I said earlier, CJP Bandial and three member bench already declared that both the use of article 5 to reject the motion and subsequent dissolution of assembly fall under their jurisdiction.

Now any discussion further to this is beyond my comprehension, I'm not a lawyer and I have no real ability to judge/predict these matters, I'm sure that's also the case with you. So let's say we two laymen leave this matter for the SC.

Let me answer No Violation has occurred

1- Speaker of Assembly of Pakistan is head of National Assembly , he listens the incoming petitions, his loyalty lies to Pakistan.

Let us understand first that Speaker of National Assembly is a powerful role

"Speaker of National Assembly is the Backup President of Pakistan in case current President of Pakistan dies or becomes so gravely ill they cannot do their duties"

It is his Job to Accept or Reject petition

2- He reviewed the evidence which showcases "grave danger to state"
  • Report of Grave Danger against state of Pakistan, danger on live of Prime Minister Imran Khan and President of Pakistan. Outcome of the National Security Council Meeting (Pakistani Security Leaders)
  • National Security Council attended by Military & Intelligence also including the Pakistan's Defense Minister
  • He reviewed the Physical Evidence
    • Missile Attack , a physical Evidence verified by Military of Pakistan
    • Diplomatic threat from USA and Diplomat against state of Pakistan , again a physical Evidence
    • The letter talked about No Confidence motion being approved by a Foreign Entity and a desirable outcome.
    • There were laws broken, Political Party Act of Pakistan where a member elected from one party cannot jump ship before formally resigning first. These members also broken Party Memo to not vote
    • The threat was discussed on all national TV channels openly

3- Based on the mounting Evidence a threat against state of Pakistan was visible ,therefore it was Substantial Risk , which caused the Speake to throw out the Petition as Country was under state of External Threat

Since the Petition was thrown out nothing was decided, due to National Security Threat

End of Session
1- Prime Minister , Pakistan , advised the President of Pakistan to call for new General Elections in 90 Days

2- President of Pakistan , accepted the proposal and Power is back in hand of people

Supreme Court :
Why would it object to Power being returned to People of Pakistan in general elections ?

Article 69 should take 1 hour to pass judgement that Good Luck to all political parties , and go reach out to people and ask for their vote

Further more
(Note this law exists in Pakistan's constitution Imran Khan did not made this law)

Article 63A states , any member of a party cannot become a Lota
(flip flopper) or one who gets elected from party A and then votes for another opposing party favor

Example:
This law is now applicable against renegade politicians

If PTI issues a statement to it's member to not vote against it , the members who elected on their ticket cannot change affiliation or loyalty of party

1648998283297.png

Since article 63A states the Politicians can't sell their vote or change alliance or acts against the direction of their Party head , this itself disqualifies the Politicians who were traitors to PTI

Imran Khan already follow law again
He already warned the Politicians (who went rouge) and wanted to against the party

1648998906625.png

Constitution of Pakistan states , members can't be "Lota" so how can opposition claim majority and also when Grave Danger to state of Pakistan's security is established

Last edited:
The constitution is made by the rich for creating an unlimited gravy train.

It needs to be reset.

Pakistan's Constitution is not a bad document despite the obscurantism introduced by Zia ul Haq. And mind you, this Const. was written in 1973--decades after Pakistan's foundation and after several half-baked ideas and it is a consensual document, above all! Not even Zia ul Haq totally liquidated the document; it is that important. You remove it then it will be chaos. Pakistanis are not stupid people. Look at what's going on in the Middle East or Afghanistan or many other places where their Constitutions, if exist, are even less followed.
Chaos is far worse for Pakistan and chaos in Pakistan has been historically linked with changes of govt. Even the 1971 breakup was about a change of govt. The only framework of govt transitions is the Constitution of Pakistan!! It may need work but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater!

Now you can figure out, what will be the feeling in opposition camp .....

1648996728154.png

If Supreme court was that much interested , cancel the bails for Showbaz Sharif and Ha

Let me answer No Violation has occurred

1- Speaker of Assembly of Pakistan is head of assembly , he listens the incoming petitions

2- He reviewed the evidence
  • Report of Grave Danger against state of Pakistan, danger on live of Prime Minister Imran Khan and President of Pakistan. Outcome of the National Security Council Meeting (Pakistani Security Leaders)
  • He reviewed the Physical Evidence
    • Missile Attack , a physical Evidence verified by Military of Pakistan
    • Diplomatic threat from USA and Diplomat against state of Pakistan , again a physical Evidence
    • The letter talked about No Confidence motion being approved by a Foreign Entity and a desirable outcome.
Yeah, I don't agree. Let's wait for the SC, they've already started taking up the matter, so this whole notion of no jurisdiction is wrong by default and because of what I already explained wrt. to Article 67.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom