What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Imran Khan would have lost the PM ship but would emerge stronger politically and crush these clowns in the opposition who have nothing in common except greed for money. I am very disappointed by what Imran Khan did today! I know this forum may roast me for saying these but truth must be told!

He is largely supported by the people across the country

Everyone has had enough, watching the opposition plot and plan, buy lotas, meetings with foreigners, it's all too much

No one wants any step back against these people

Allah guide me to the right path ....... Ameen!

1648995213420.png

Everyone has had enough, watching the opposition plot and plan, buy lotas, meetings with foreigners, it's all too much

I don't deny that and I too support him as are my family members in Karachi.
However, deviation from the Constitution of Pakistan must not be allowed. What Imran did today was not only illegal but also unnecessary! The Haraamkhors Lotas would have lost in the next elections and it is possible that if the foreign-connection theory could be legally proved, making the opposition in very awkward situation.

Healthy competition is good. Give us new faces with a good background. This family politics, the same faces, the same corruption, everything the same again and again. Horse trading, taking money from foreign governments, money laundering, just enough now. This isn't a democracy.

Bring on the election I hope they let us know how to register for voting abroad. Khan will get the lion share of votes from overseas Pakistanis. Just saw the news and Bilawal is crying about the electronic voting machines. I guess they know IK is limiting the scams they run one by one. Only a matter of time before they run out of options.

I don't deny that and I too support him as are my family members in Karachi.
However, deviation from the Constitution of Pakistan must not be allowed. What Imran did today was not only illegal but also unnecessary! The Haraamkhors Lotas would have lost in the next elections and it is possible that if the foreign-connection theory could be legally proved, making the opposition in very awkward situation.
The constitution is made by the rich for creating an unlimited gravy train.

It needs to be reset.

Supreme Court can refer to Article 69 and understand their scope of influence

The affairs of "Assembly of Pakistan" cannot be influenced by Supreme Court Judge

The President has already dissolved the Assembly and motion has been approved

President/Prime Minister of Pakistan's action cannot be reversed by Supreme Court
They may choose to cite this as a reason not to intervene in ordinary affairs of parliament. But there are examples in plenty of countries in courts intervening where they judge that a move was conducted under "malafide intent". Here we're talking about a constitutional violation, which is under their jurisdiction. Article 69 should be read within the context of the Article 67, "subject to the constitution".

67Rules of Procedure, etc.
(1)Subject to the Constitution, a House may make rules for regulating its procedure and the conduct of its business, and shall have power to act notwithstanding any vacancy in the membership thereof, and any proceedings in the House shall not be invalid on the ground that some persons who were not entitled to do so sat, voted or otherwise took part in the proceedings.
(2)Until rules are made under clause (1), the procedure and conduct of business in a House shall be regulated by the rules of procedure made by the President.

Hence everything written in subsequent articles, including 69, including the independence of the assembly are subject to the constitution. You are right that the courts could in theory cite Art. 69 and refrain, but the suo moto notice, the questioning of the deputy speaker's use of Article 5, the summoning of the AG etc., don't point to this to be the case. And as I said earlier, CJP Bandial and three member bench already declared that both the use of article 5 to reject the motion and subsequent dissolution of assembly fall under their jurisdiction.

Now any discussion further to this is beyond my comprehension, I'm not a lawyer and I have no real ability to judge/predict these matters, I'm sure that's also the case with you. So let's say we two laymen leave this matter for the SC.

They want to turn Pakistan into the next Syria and Libya... Overturn kill Gaddafi
Revolt against Assad

And they want a Ukraine like vessel slave state ....
my friend we would have seen an invasion or bloody coup/regime change a long time ago Libya, Iraq, Syria style if it were not for one thing that held them back, nuclear weapons. That's the difference between Pakistan and every country America has tried to and has destroyed in the past for their "national security interests."

Well the inverse is a more dangerous proposition, i.e. any elected govt can be easily dismissed immediately after its elected on any whim as long as you have Rs 15 billion to spare.

Correct. There are probably ways known to the Pakistani intelligence agencies to find out who gives what and to whom and when and how. Nothing new here. 'Horse Trading' has been done by Pakistani political parties for decades. And especially if a foreign govt is so directly involved then the intelligence agencies should have been very much vigilant as this time the change of govt would be directly orchestrated by a foreign power. And with so many people involved in the latest round of horse trading, I believe a strong legal case would have been made to make the NCV illegal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom