What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
And it seems that the SC has verified that they will have jurisdiction on whether the rejection of the motion and dissolution of assemblies is legal, ergo it doesn't count unless the SC says so. @AZADPAKISTAN2009

Agree, this is a gift to the opposition. Eventually it will help the opposition tarnish IK when they inevitably get called back to vote. It also gives IK's enemies legal ammo to go after him later on, and wrt the vote... the amount by which he will lose is going to be even greater.

First comments from the three member bench at the SC already raised questions on the deputy speaker's application of article 5, despite no legal grounding in an ongoing case, conviction etc.

Imran Khan would have lost the PM ship but would emerge stronger politically and crush these clowns in the opposition who have nothing in common except greed for money. I am very disappointed by what Imran Khan did today! I know this forum may roast me for saying these but truth must be told!

Imran Khan would have lost the PM ship but would emerge stronger politically and crush these clowns in the opposition who have nothing in common except greed for money. I am very disappointed by what Imran Khan did today! I know this forum may roast me for saying these but truth must be told!
Fully agree! He clung on to power too greedily. His supporters are foolishly celebrating. They don't know yet the level of shyt the man has gotten himself into. He deepened the political crisis that has resulted in the NCM, created an foreign relations crisis via lettergate, and has now created a constitutional crisis. It can't end well.

Likely this thing will haunt him, his close ministers, the deputy speaker etc. for years to come.

Courts don't intervene in parliamentary matters where they have no cause for jurisdiction, but IF the constitution is deemed to be violated, they have jurisdiction anywhere and everywhere. Let's see what they say, but if they conclude that this move was unconstitutional, they will have full jurisdiction on this particular parliamentary matter.

Supreme Court Can review the Evidence of Threat and Foreign Dangers to state of Pakistan

1- Report by National Security council Meeting notes by Government of Pakistan and all National Security Leadership

2- Review the Threat letter which is a Recorded item in Pakistan's Historic archives now , and the information is retained for period of 75 years

3- Reports by Intelligence against threat to State of Pakistan's head of state

4- Military can be contacted about the attack from India side by using a Super Sonic Missiles which struck inside Pakistan

Supreme Court Can review

1- Report by National Security council Meeting notes by Government of Pakistan and all National Security Leadership

2- Review the Threat letter which is a Recorded item in Pakistan's Historic archives now , and the information is retained for period of 75 years
Brother, they've already declared jurisdiction. It's done, the matter is with the SC. And from a constitutional perspective, it makes perfect sense. Leave alone these arguments.

Agreed.
If this is allowed today then tomorrow some other govt, however unpopular and corrupt it maybe, will find some reason to dismiss the NCV against it.
My fervent wish is that the opposition and govt and all accept this or find some another workaround and proceed with fresh elections! Otherwise, Pakistan will remain in uncertain condition with dire consequences. Never forget that many of Pakistan's issues are related to inability to make smooth transfer of powers until the last two decades.
Well the inverse is a more dangerous proposition, i.e. any elected govt can be easily dismissed immediately after its elected on any whim as long as you have Rs 15 billion to spare.

He did the right thing, why should he give power to opposition, who are thugs and corrupt, they would have used the power to do rigging in next election and create further chaos in the country. Pakistani people support IK's decision and Inshallah he will get majority in the election.

Brother, they've already declared jurisdiction. It's done, the matter is with the SC. And from a constitutional perspective, it makes perfect sense. Leave alone these arguments.

Supreme Court can refer to Article 69 and understand their scope of influence
  • Supreme Court has no power on Assembly proceedings , approved or rejected

The affairs of "Assembly of Pakistan" cannot be influenced by Supreme Court Judge

Outcome of Assembly , April 3 Sunday
(What was decided? by Assembly)

Assembly can "Accept" or "Reject" motions and Speakers has 100% authority to decide as he is chosen head of Assembly

• When a petition is thrown out due to grave danger to State of Pakistan and based on National Security Council's findings, which also includes evidence of Letter from United States of America against state of Pakistan this is a power vested in Speaker of Assembly to review all the Petitions
  • No other Petition was approved on Sunday April 3rd 2022

In absence of any other motion end of Sunday April 3rd 2022

Following actions were taken

Action by State Heads
A) The President has already dissolved the Assembly and motion has been approved

B) President/Prime Minister of Pakistan's action cannot be reversed by Supreme Court

These actions are final

State of Pakistan has to hold Next elections in 90 days

The power has been returned to hands of Pakistani People and their vote

Last edited:
So Venezuelan model? Attacking courts and judiciary.

That's straight from foreign interference handbook as well.

What are you talking about?

I am saying the obvious, our courts are the most corrupt in the world (check the rankings) and whatever is written in the law or constitution, they always find a way around it.

Courts are made of people (judges) and in Pakistan they are not beyond loyalities.

In any civilized country the Model town sort of incident would not have been lingered on 2 years after SC decision.

Or Rana Sanaullah given exemptions on dodgy grounds to extend hearing dates and not being charged officially for the LAST 3 YEARS!

Or Shahbaz Sharif being out even after giving personal gurantee for Nawaz Sharif and letting Nawaz Sharif out on 50 Rs Stamp.

Or Maryam Nawaz a CONVICT so blatantly moving around and doing all sorts of anti state activties.

Oh man, I have such a LOOOOOOONG list.

So yeah, some cheeky comments from you are not gonna change this sad reality in Pakistan which we see day in day out.

President can legally.
And IK and arif alvi are on one page.

Not unless PM advises him to.

And PM can not legally advise him to dissolve assembly if a VNC is tabled against him.

اگر اب خط کو سپریم کورٹ میں سماعت کا حصہ بنایا گیا تو سپریم کورٹ خط سے ذیادہ سلامتی کمیٹی کے اعلامیے کو دیکھے گی جس میں اسکو بیرونی سازش اور پاکستان کے معاملات میں مداخلت قرار دیا گیا۔
‏سلامتی کمیٹی کی میٹنگ کا سپریم کورٹ کے فیصلے پر کافی اثرو سوخ ہو گا۔ عمران خان نے پوری تیاری اور پلاننگ کے ساتھ اپوزیشن کوتباہ کیا ہے۔
‏قومی سلامتی کے اداروں کو بھی شائد اندازہ نہیں تھا کہ نیازی یہ واردات ڈالے گا۔

Fully agree! He clung on to power too greedily. His supporters are foolishly celebrating. They don't know yet the level of shyt the man has gotten himself into. He deepened the political crisis that has resulted in the NCM, created an foreign relations crisis via lettergate, and has now created a constitutional crisis. It can't end well.

Likely this thing will haunt him, his close ministers, the deputy speaker etc. for years to come.

If the Americans were so directly and deeply involved to topple Imran Khan's govt then Pakistani Establishment wouldn't have allowed that! And if the Pakistani Establishment were to have allowed that then God help Pakistan!
A separate investigation must have been carried out to look into the foreign connection and take to task the anti-Pakistan elements. But here we have dozens of Imran Khan loyalists switching side because of money given to them. When that was happening for the last several weeks, what were the Pakistani intelligence agencies doing?? Napping??

This whole drama is about greedy MNAs trying to make quick bucks because their tenure is ending. Nothing new in Pakistan's history. MNAs have been bought and sold. Plenty of deep pockets in Pakistan. What's strange is that Imran Khan didn't see it coming that so many of his loyalists switched sides and despite the bravado he now realized the game was going to be over. And he should have become a Political Martyr instead of taking his unconstitutional route!! He would have not only a moral victory but also a political one.

Back
Top Bottom