What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Opposition would not have wanted early elections after winning the NCV. Why would they?? They just spent a gazillion buying the MNAs and would work to recuperate some of the costs over the next 1+ years!
Imran Khan missed the boat on the early elections. I don't think he realized the betrayal done to him and by the time he realized the game was over for him.
Good question, actually there was a difference of opinion amongst them. JUIF and PMLN wanted early elections as soon as workable, they conclude that there is no point in trying to govern with a messy minority and the latter want to win an election with a majority. The PPP and some other players and possible government allies wanted a more prolonged period, that's what they were calling "national unity government" - it would be a gigantic mess IMO and only serve to make people kick the weird mutant opposition out. In the end, the PMLN might have been able to dictate and would likely have gone for a very short election timetable, possibly more than 90 days, but way less than the 1 year schedule some in the PPP wanted.

He loves the army and Pakistan? Removing him would be chaos in one institution holding Pakistan together. He gets it.

Most people in army don’t like his decisions but chief is chief and orders are orders otherwise there is chaos and anarchy.

1648993457349.png

Court upholds speaker's rolling. And issue notice to President pm n speaker on request of opposition parties. If this case goes on then many discussions will happen and many hidden things will be disclos. Very very dangerous situation in coming days for those guys who meet Foreigners as government has all details.
اگر اب خط کو سپریم کورٹ میں سماعت کا حصہ بنایا گیا تو سپریم کورٹ خط سے ذیادہ سلامتی کمیٹی کے اعلامیے کو دیکھے گی جس میں اسکو بیرونی سازش اور پاکستان کے معاملات میں مداخلت قرار دیا گیا۔
‏سلامتی کمیٹی کی میٹنگ کا سپریم کورٹ کے فیصلے پر کافی اثرو سوخ ہو گا۔ عمران خان نے پوری تیاری اور پلاننگ کے ساتھ اپوزیشن کوتباہ کیا ہے۔
‏قومی سلامتی کے اداروں کو بھی شائد اندازہ نہیں تھا کہ نیازی یہ واردات ڈالے گا۔

Last edited:
Court upholds speakers rolling. And issue notice to President pm n speaker on request of opposition parties. If this case goes on then many discussions will happen and many hidden things will be disclos. Very very dangerous situation in coming days for those guys who meet Foreigners as government has all details.
link ?

Good question, actually there was a difference of opinion amongst them. JUIF and PMLN wanted early elections as soon as workable, they conclude that there is no point in trying to govern with a messy minority and the latter want to win an election with a majority. The PPP and some other players and possible government allies wanted a more prolonged period, that's what they were calling "national unity government" - it would be a gigantic mess IMO and only serve to make people kick the weird mutant opposition out. In the end, the PMLN might have been able to dictate and would likely have gone for a very short election timetable, possibly more than 90 days, but way less than the 1 year schedule some in the PPP wanted.

It is a moot point now. Imran Khan has just given the opposition a big legal victory and the opposition would want to capitalize on that.
My guess is that the SC will ask for the NCV proceedings and this time even those who were going to go back to Imran Khan--and I think the difference was only 6-7 MNAs--would stay with the 'winning' side, which is the opposition as of now.
But, as in the past, some kind of 'Doctrine of Necessity' needs to be found and fresh elections are held soon.

It is a moot point now. Imran Khan has just given the opposition a big legal victory and the opposition would want to capitalize on that.
My guess is that the SC will ask for the NCV proceedings and this time even those who were going to go back to Imran Khan--and I think the difference was only 6-7 MNAs--would stay with the 'winning' side, which is the opposition as of now.
But, as in the past, some kind of 'Doctrine of Necessity' needs to be found and fresh elections are held soon.
Agree, this is a gift to the opposition. Eventually it will help the opposition tarnish IK when they inevitably get called back to vote. It also gives IK's enemies legal ammo to go after him later on, and wrt the vote... the amount by which he will lose is going to be even greater.

First comments from the three member bench at the SC already raised questions on the deputy speaker's application of article 5, despite no legal grounding in an ongoing case, conviction etc.

Asalam Alikum to all my Pakistani Brethren - Happy Ramadan.

This thread, I dared to start so that all updates and discussion regarding IK and NCM can happen here.

I wish IK good luck and pray he comes out not only as winner but also a more sensible and learned leader.

No one gives two hoot to Low IQ Sold Out Bhuttos and Sharifs any way.

NOTE: It's Ramadan - You are fasting. Regardless of emotions - Avoid cursing/gaali :)

imrankhan19922-448.jpg

Replace Trophy with Pakistan and you can imagine the emotions. Respect to him from Karachi !!!

Good Luck, Khan...

:pakistan:
images.jpeg-1.jpg

First comments from the three member bench at the SC already raised questions on the deputy speaker's application of article 5, despite no legal grounding in an ongoing case, conviction etc.

Back
Top Bottom