What's new

PLAN Aircraft Carrier Varyag Latest Update

Will China ever be able to make an AirCraft Carrier ?? If yes then When it will finish making one..??

carrierairpowerindiaand.jpg

my point is that the 'varyag' that China have now is in nowhere similar state to the varyag they bought from Ukraine. Is not that much less of an effort than building a new ship.

China does not need a justification for having a carrier. China shouldn't have to explain to other countries the reason why a carrier should be built. China couldn't do anything about USA building 12 carriers, so the world shouldn't complain about China's military rise because it is every country's right to strengthen their military how far they see fit.

China does not need a justification for having a carrier. China shouldn't have to explain to other countries the reason why a carrier should be built.
I appreciate the sentiment. But I can just imagine the reaction of western media when Varyag comes online. Half of them will laugh at how weak and backward the PLA navy is. The other will say the Reds are taking over and the world is about to end.

The one reason they will not present is that China has a large merchant fleet and vulnerable oil route that must be protected from unfriendly powers. China has a valid reason for strengthening her navy, and that will go unexplained.:disagree:

Journalism is supposed to be presenting a balanced and informed view of the world. All the western media does is sensationalize and sound bites.

I appreciate the sentiment. But I can just imagine the reaction of western media when Varyag comes online. Half of them will laugh at how weak and backward the PLA navy is. The other will say the Reds are taking over and the world is about to end.

The one reason they will not present is that China has a large merchant fleet and vulnerable oil route that must be protected from unfriendly powers. China has a valid reason for strengthening her navy, and that will go unexplained.:disagree:

Journalism is supposed to be presenting a balanced and informed view of the world. All the western media does is sensationalize and sound bites.

Well said, this is unfortunately a dichotomy that we will have to live with.

China is not making Varyag into an operational carrier, you can't make an empty hull into an operational carrier. China is making Shi Lang into an operational carrier. :D

well well well , if china is not making varyag into an operational carrier then this thread becomes useless and foolhardy to debate upon .
mods please close this thread.

well well well , if china is not making varyag into an operational carrier then this thread becomes useless and foolhardy to debate upon .
mods please close this thread.

We still find Varyag interesting and worthy of discussion, If you find this thread useless you are welcomed to simply not reply. :D

Back
Top Bottom