What's new

PLAAF & PLANAF H-6 Long Range Bomber thread

img-b939d241be8e6f1fc978954914755aaf.jpg

Via @Neo双垂尾蓝光 from Weibo

The seal up bombay means the extra space is convert into fuel space? Without refuelling, it may fly 8000km full load.
I don't think it needs that much range. CJ-100 has a range of approximately 1500km, so realistically H6K and H6N only need roughly 2000km combat radius to deliver its payload. That assumption is based on the plane being flown out to sea near Shanghai area and the target is Guam.

I don't think it needs that much range. CJ-100 has a range of approximately 1500km, so realistically H6K and H6N only need roughly 2000km combat radius to deliver its payload. That assumption is based on the plane being flown out to sea near Shanghai area and the target is Guam.
With refuelling added. I can bet it's targeted aim is much further. If Guam is really the target. I don't think refuelling is even needed.

I think that we can't call H-6 as a bomber anymore. But an air based missile launcher platform. Or maybe a Strike Aircraft.
H-6K still has an internal bomb bay. H-6N seems to be an exclusively missile platform.

With refuelling added. I can bet it's targeted aim is much further. If Guam is really the target. I don't think refuelling is even needed.
Hawaii is out of reach even with air refueling. It's over 8000km flying from Shanghai. Guam is as far as strategically feasible. Remember that when H-6K and H-6N are carrying heavy payloads, the range drops considerably.

Hawaii is out of reach even with air refueling. It's over 8000km flying from Shanghai. Guam is as far as strategically feasible. Remember that when H-6K and H-6N are carrying heavy payloads, the range drops considerably.

That is where the air refuelling comes in. Plus CJ-2000 range is around 2300km. With 8000km range without refuel. One air refuel is enough to ensure to and back trip from hawaii. Remember return trip has burn up most fuel and payload (weapon) are released. It used less fuel to fly furrher due to far lighter weight.

Back
Top Bottom