PLAAF & PLANAF H-6 Long Range Bomber thread

mmexport1568976419997.jpg
mmexport1568976432398.jpg
mmexport1568976438543.jpg
mmexport1568976445715.jpg
mmexport1568976450581.jpg
mmexport1568976458815.jpg

Via kj.81.cn

Does anybody know if H-6K retained its internal weapons bay or has it been converted into additional fuel tanks? I read somewhere that the plane can no longer mount bombs internally.

Hmm so it does have an internal bay. Where is the extra fuel for the extended range coming from?
i thinks it is old models of H-6 that retain internal bays not H-6K which is a cruise missile carriers @S10

Does the H-6K's internal bay feature any missile launcher for cruise missiles? I always assumed all of the cruise missiles were placed on the H-6K underwing hardpoints only.

Not that I know and IMO it is even too short to fit a KD-20.

Not that I know and IMO it is even too short to fit a KD-20.
I see, looks like H-6K does retain bombing capability.

Also, apparently H-6K can carry air-launched ballistic missile, specifically a missile called CH-AS-X-13. Since the missile is said to be a variant of DF-21, it'd be too big to carry on the underwing hardpoints. Considering that an ALBM like CH-AS-X-13 would be fitted on the centerline underfuselage, I'm guessing the aircraft's internal bay could be replaced with an additional fuel tank instead.

I see, looks like H-6K does retain bombing capability.

Also, apparently H-6K can carry air-launched ballistic missile, specifically a missile called CH-AS-X-13. Since the missile is said to be a variant of DF-21, it'd be too big to carry on the underwing hardpoints. Considering that an ALBM like CH-AS-X-13 would be fitted on the centerline underfuselage, I'm guessing the aircraft's internal bay could be replaced with an additional fuel tank instead.

Nope, the K-model so fra can only launch the KD-63 and KD-20. The mentioned CH-AS-X-13 is not operational yet and will most likely assigned to the H-6N only.

Back
Top Bottom