What's new

PLAAF & PLANAF H-6 Long Range Bomber thread

16236687_77f49701eaa21aa1eee1774fdb3b96ba.jpg
16236687_b35073e9e62f003054de02f42fb1a6c9.jpg

Via http://eng.chinamil.com.cn/HOME_209227/Focus_209228/16236687.html

Beautiful Aircraft and a shining example of old plane remade into cost effective missile carrier platform.

this platform can be used for ISR / EW too

Chinese Aviation industry truly the shining example of great result from great people.

but surely H-20 needs to show up at some point ?

any ideas as 2023 is coming to a end soon?

but surely H-20 needs to show up at some point ?

any ideas as 2023 is coming to a end soon?
The H20 will be here soon, but it will be nothing more than a vase for a show of strength. The practical and real weapon of war remains the H6.

The H20 will be here soon, but it will be nothing more than a vase for a show of strength. The practical and real weapon of war remains the H6.

Really? What time-span would you define as „soon“?

In fact I‘m more than unsure when. We‘ll finally see it but my gut-feeling tells me, we‘ll have to be Patronen for a much longer time … and then someday it will almost pup up out of the blue!

I think if China wants true global strike H20 is only option really

H6 is ok for regional warfare or as we call it the bomb truck

Really? What time-span would you define as „soon“?

In fact I‘m more than unsure when. We‘ll finally see it but my gut-feeling tells me, we‘ll have to be Patronen for a much longer time … and then someday it will almost pup up out of the blue!

I think when H20 comes along is dictated by its political needs. For example, the J20 appeared in 2011 to welcome US Secretary of Defence Gates to China and in response to Obama's "return to the Asia-Pacific" plan.

If the political situation doesn't require the H20 to appear, then it will be like the J10 in 2008, which didn't appear until after it was mass-launched into service.

Considering the poor relations between China and the US right now, I'm sure the H20 will be there after the US presidential election in 2024 when the new US president visits China.

I think if China wants true global strike H20 is only option really

H6 is ok for regional warfare or as we call it the bomb truck

If China goes to war with a small country like India, the H6 is the way to go.

If China is at war with the US, neither side will let the H20 or B2 have a chance to take off, nuclear weapons will be the ultimate choice.

As for your "true global strike", it won't happen. China is not the Soviet Union or the United States.

China needs to have a potent long range bomber force, currently it does not hav anything equal to B2 and B1bs or even same load capacity of B52s.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom