What's new

PLAAF(chinese air force) 2010 calendar

common bro...
its just reality that chinese made== poor quality/unreliable
the whole world knows it..

i just ate pizza today..
u know coz i told u just now..!!
if i dont tell u this u wont know it..!!!!!!!

China doesnt tell about their crashes..that is why u dont know...!!!!
they dont even take part in multi country air exercises... in fear of not exposing their inferior jets...!!!

but when it comes to quality and relaibility are concerned...all very poor...

to check this u should ask anyone in this world.. what is meant by made in china....99% will say poor quality...

Can a country with 99% poor quality launch taikonauts, three separate times, into the forbiddingly cold reaches of space successfully and conduct a spacewalk?

"The whole world knows" that China has a perfect record in manned spaceflight. What do you think of the quality of the spaceships made by China? 100% (i.e. super quality to withstand space, super durable, super reliable, super impressive performance, etc.) what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, it is only a matter of time when Chinese will be at par technologically with any so called developed country in the world; they once were the leaders in Science and Technology and with hard work and perseverance, they’ll win back this title once again and in a period of time much shorter than many of the China ill-wishers are predicting.

In the high-tech field of advanced Aegis battlespace technology and direct-ascent ASAT (the precursor to national ballistic missile defense technology), China has already surpassed Europe, Japan, and Russia. The Europeans and Japanese buy their Aegis systems from the United States. The Russians can't build an Aegis-class system. When it comes to Aegis technology and direct-ascent ASAT, only China and the United States possess these two critical high-profile high-tech technologies.

Comparable to the Arleigh Burke class, China has deployed two Chinese Aegis destroyers with advanced active phased array radar (i.e. AESA). As far as I know, Russians are incapable of building an advanced Aegis-class destroyer.

SIGNAL Magazine - Reading Loud and Clear

"The People’s Liberation Army Navy recently introduced two domestically designed and built guided missile destroyers that include Aegis-type radars and related technologies. Known as Project 052C guided missile destroyers (DDGs), the ships feature Aegis-type phased array panels, vertical launch systems, long-range missiles and considerable command and control. These capabilities were not found on any previous Chinese-built DDGs.

The design of a lead ship with prototype Aegis radar, combat direction links and a vertical launch system (VLS) into a small 6,600-ton hull is an ambitious development. The smallest U.S. Navy Aegis ship with VLS is the 8,400-ton Arleigh Burke-class DDG 51. Russia had its Aegis-equivalent Sky Watch system only on 30,000-ton aircraft carriers. The nine years of sea test development prior to the U.S. Navy’s first installing Aegis on the warship USS Ticonderoga CG 47 indicates the complexity and the engineering effort necessary to build a successful Aegis system. The fact that the Soviet Union gave up on an Aegis system after years of frustrating problems on two warships also shows the extreme difficulties."

The only two countries in the world that build Aegis-class warships are US Lockheed Martin and China (see Type 052C (Luyang-II Class) Missile Destroyer - SinoDefence.com). The Japanese, Koreans, Spaniards, and Norwegian Aegis-class systems are purchased from the US. Japan Buys Another Aegis System In the following video, the second surface ship that you see is the Chinese Aegis-class ship.

This shows how far advance US has over China. China is about to surpass Japan in term of GDP but Chinese products can't even compare to that of South Korea, let along Japanese technology. Even Taiwan has much advance technology as compare to China.

China can grow its technology. But now, its technology is very backward and have a long way to go before it catch up with countries like Taiwan and Korea.

Your claim is ludicrous. Only China has matched the United States in advanced Aegis-class AESA, direct-ascent ASAT, and advanced submarine-launched solid-fueled ballistic missiles (i.e. Julang 2 vs. Trident).

China has already conducted her first space walk. We have to wait until 2020-2025 to claim that China has matched the United States in manned spaceflight when we see a Chinese taikonaut land on the moon.

"Another launch of Russia’s Bulava missile ended with a failure." "Russia has held ten test launches of the Bulava rocket since 2003: five of them proved to be unsuccessful." "Experts say that several consecutive unsuccessful launches of the missile endanger the whole project." See Russia will not give up Bulava missile project despite yet another failed launch - Pravda.Ru

American publications believe the Julang 2 is comparable to the American Trident SLBM.

"The JL-2 is comparable in size and performance to the American Trident C-4 long-range multiple-warhead three-stage solid-fuel missile." See China hints at unveiling of new DF-41 ICBM - UPI.com or ANJA A THIRD EYE

"According to American experts, the JL-2, like China's intercontinental surface-to-surface Dongfeng-31 (DF-31), tested successfully this summer, is equipped with technology adapted from the Trident D-5." See China Prepares To Test New ICBM

Let me try to persuade some members that the world changes over time. Does an anti-ship ballistic missile that travels at Mach 10 before impact qualify as ground-breaking world-class weapon technology?

"US panic at China's new ship killer"

The institute's report said the Dong Feng missile was thought to have a range of about 2000 kilometres and a speed of Mach 10: "The size of the missile enables it to carry a warhead big enough to inflict significant damage on a large vessel, providing the Chinese the capability of destroying a US supercarrier in one strike."

The result, 13 years later, is the Dong Feng 21. "It's a technological leap that's never [before] been made," says Schriver, now the head of a non-partisan research body, Project 2049 Institute, and a founding partner of the consulting firm Armitage International.

"The Russians couldn't do it. If it works, it will have the range of a ballistic missile and the accuracy of a cruise missile.

"The Chinese would have the ability to hold our carriers at a great distance - it almost makes the aircraft carriers obsolete.

"What did we do in 1996? We sent carriers. What are the Chinese doing? Taking the carriers out of the equation." He thinks it prudent to expect such missiles to be operating within a couple of years.

See US panic at China's new ship killer

Your claim is ludicrous. Only China has matched the United States in advanced Aegis-class AESA, direct-ascent ASAT, and advanced submarine-launched solid-fueled ballistic missiles (i.e. Julang 2 vs. Trident).

China has already conducted her first space walk. We have to wait until 2020-2025 to claim that China has matched the United States in manned spaceflight when we see a Chinese taikonaut land on the moon.

"Another launch of Russia’s Bulava missile ended with a failure." "Russia has held ten test launches of the Bulava rocket since 2003: five of them proved to be unsuccessful." "Experts say that several consecutive unsuccessful launches of the missile endanger the whole project." See Russia will not give up Bulava missile project despite yet another failed launch - Pravda.Ru

American publications believe the Julang 2 is comparable to the American Trident SLBM.

"The JL-2 is comparable in size and performance to the American Trident C-4 long-range multiple-warhead three-stage solid-fuel missile." See China hints at unveiling of new DF-41 ICBM - UPI.com or ANJA A THIRD EYE

"According to American experts, the JL-2, like China's intercontinental surface-to-surface Dongfeng-31 (DF-31), tested successfully this summer, is equipped with technology adapted from the Trident D-5." See China Prepares To Test New ICBM

I have to agree with you that China is going about the right way of developing its technology. Also, I would not be too surprised that in 20 years, it would be China that sell weapons to Russia instead of the other way around. However, China is still way behind that of the US in technology. I won't be too surprised that China surpass Western Europe and Japan in technology. But within the next 40 years, I only can see China catch up to the US in a handful of areas but still lagging in most areas.

As you point out before, US has aegis system since 1980s, China just recently developed them. Also, US now uses Trident D5 and has been using it for almost 20 years. China is more than 20 years behind that of the US as it just inducted missiles similar to Trident C4.

As for space exploration, no need for me to comment.

So US clearly ahead of not just China, but also Russia, western Europe and Japan. In terms of technology, when the US look at the rear view mirror, its quite lonely. When Russia look back at its rear view mirrow, China is getting closer. Look ahead, China can also see western Europe and Japan in front of Russia. But the US is no where in sight and it won't be for a while because its pulling further and further ahead from the rest of the field.

Let me try to persuade some members that the world changes over time. Does an anti-ship ballistic missile that travels at Mach 10 before impact qualify as ground-breaking world-class weapon technology?

"US panic at China's new ship killer"

The institute's report said the Dong Feng missile was thought to have a range of about 2000 kilometres and a speed of Mach 10: "The size of the missile enables it to carry a warhead big enough to inflict significant damage on a large vessel, providing the Chinese the capability of destroying a US supercarrier in one strike."

The result, 13 years later, is the Dong Feng 21. "It's a technological leap that's never [before] been made," says Schriver, now the head of a non-partisan research body, Project 2049 Institute, and a founding partner of the consulting firm Armitage International.

"The Russians couldn't do it. If it works, it will have the range of a ballistic missile and the accuracy of a cruise missile.

"The Chinese would have the ability to hold our carriers at a great distance - it almost makes the aircraft carriers obsolete.

"What did we do in 1996? We sent carriers. What are the Chinese doing? Taking the carriers out of the equation." He thinks it prudent to expect such missiles to be operating within a couple of years.

See US panic at China's new ship killer

The aegis ABM should be able to take care of this. Otherwise, USN is in big trouble. What would we do if China does indeed knock out a carrier, are we going to just stand there and sing kumbaya?

I have to agree with you that China is going about the right way of developing its technology. Also, I would not be too surprised that in 20 years, it would be China that sell weapons to Russia instead of the other way around. However, China is still way behind that of the US in technology. I won't be too surprised that China surpass Western Europe and Japan in technology. But within the next 40 years, I only can see China catch up to the US in a handful of areas but still lagging in most areas.

As you point out before, US has aegis system since 1980s, China just recently developed them. Also, US now uses Trident D5 and has been using it for almost 20 years. China is more than 20 years behind that of the US as it just inducted missiles similar to Trident C4.

As for space exploration, no need for me to comment.

So US clearly ahead of not just China, but also Russia, western Europe and Japan. In terms of technology, when the US look at the rear view mirror, its quite lonely. When Russia look back at its rear view mirrow, China is getting closer. Look ahead, China can also see western Europe and Japan in front of Russia. But the US is no where in sight and it won't be for a while because its pulling further and further ahead from the rest of the field.

I know that I'm in danger of beating a dead horse. I will try to make this my final post on this issue.

List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States has the world's largest military budget at $607 billion dollars.
China has the world's second largest military budget at $84.9 billion dollars.

The United States is worried about China because China's military budget keeps growing by double-digits year after year.

U.S. Says China's Defense Spending Is Rising Fast - washingtonpost.com

2009: China’s Military Budget Continues Double-Digit Growth

The United States military believes that "China is the only near-peer."

"“For the first time ever, we're really taking into account the location” of would-be adversaries, said retired Vice Adm. Timothy LaFleur of San Diego, former commander of Naval Surface Forces and now an executive with the defense consulting company Booz Allen Hamilton. 'Clearly, China is the only near-peer threat that's out there.'" See China's military rebirth prompts U.S. response - Military - SignOnSanDiego.com

I know that I'm in danger of beating a dead horse. I will try to make this my final post on this issue.

List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States has the world's largest military budget at $607 billion dollars.
China has the world's second largest military budget at $84.9 billion dollars.

The United States is worried about China because China's military budget keeps growing by double-digits year after year.

U.S. Says China's Defense Spending Is Rising Fast - washingtonpost.com

2009: China’s Military Budget Continues Double-Digit Growth

The United States military believes that "China is the only near-peer."

"“For the first time ever, we're really taking into account the location” of would-be adversaries, said retired Vice Adm. Timothy LaFleur of San Diego, former commander of Naval Surface Forces and now an executive with the defense consulting company Booz Allen Hamilton. 'Clearly, China is the only near-peer threat that's out there.'" See China's military rebirth prompts U.S. response - Military - SignOnSanDiego.com

If I have to bet on a country that can catch up and surpass the US military, I would choose China. No other countries appear to be evenly remotely able to do it. However, given the huge gap between US and China, this is not going to happen for a long, long time. Maybe 70 years or 90 years or 110 years. So predicting that long into the future is pointless. As for "experts" here in the US, China is just the most convinient country for push a certain agenda that they wish to push.

In sum, China is in line to become #2 in technology in the not too distant future. But the gap between #1 and #2 is still a big gulf.

The aegis ABM should be able to take care of this. Otherwise, USN is in big trouble. What would we do if China does indeed knock out a carrier, are we going to just stand there and sing kumbaya?

Aegis cannot intercept an incoming warhead traveling at Mach 10.

Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Aegis BMD (also known as Sea-Based Midcourse) is designed to intercept ballistic missiles post-boost phase and prior to reentry."

Bush threatened to nuke China straight to hell if they sank an American aircraft carrier (with 6,000 American men and women on board) with conventional weapons. Bush revised U.S. military policy to allow pre-emptive nuclear strikes against China (for destroying an American aircraft carrier).

China to target U.S. aircraft carriers, page 1

"By Jon Dougherty
� 2002 WorldNetDaily.com

China is improving its naval warfare capability not only to use in any future invasion of Taiwan, but also as a bulwark against American aircraft carrier battle groups that would be sent to defend the island democracy.

According to an assessment published last week in the Jamestown Foundation's weekly "China Brief," the People's Liberation Army navy "is developing methods to disable or sink American aircraft carriers and gathering the specific force packages to do so."

The analysis, written by China expert Richard D. Fisher Jr., says Beijing "has long anticipated that to militarily subdue democratic Taiwan it will first need to win a battle against the United States."

"The early 1990s saw much evidence of carrier-related research and nationalist-political advocacy, particularly from the PLA navy � to build a Chinese aircraft carrier," Fisher wrote. "But, following the political crises of 1995 and 1996, which saw the Clinton administration deploy two battle groups around the carriers Independence and Nimitz near Taiwan in response to threatening PLA exercises in March 1996, sinking a U.S. carrier became much more pressing than building one."

In his analysis, titled "To Take Taiwan, First Kill A Carrier," Fisher says that China's naval strategy may be to make defending Taiwan too expensive for the U.S. in terms of manpower, assets and political pressure.

"By actually sinking" an American carrier, Beijing hopes "to terminate U.S. attempts to save the island," Fisher said.
But, while warning of China's increasing naval might, Fisher said Beijing's calculation that Washington would capitulate and leave Taiwan to its own defense if an American flattop were destroyed was "potentially dangerous."
Fisher's assessment may be on track; in March, Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz told a group of U.S. and Taiwanese military officials that the Bush administration "has said � the United States is committed to doing whatever it takes to help Taiwan defend itself."

Nevertheless, China continues to hone its naval warfare capabilities and modernize its fleet."

Last edited:
If I have to bet on a country that can catch up and surpass the US military, I would choose China. No other countries appear to be evenly remotely able to do it. However, given the huge gap between US and China, this is not going to happen for a long, long time. Maybe 70 years or 90 years or 110 years. So predicting that long into the future is pointless. As for "experts" here in the US, China is just the most convinient country for push a certain agenda that they wish to push.

In sum, China is in line to become #2 in technology in the not too distant future. But the gap between #1 and #2 is still a big gulf.

Nukes in the Taiwan Crisis FAS Strategic Security Blog

"The following year, in October 1997, President Clinton signed Presidential Decision Directive (PDD)-60, which lowered the targeting requirement against Russia but reportedly at the same time broadened the spectrum of Chinese facilities that could be attacked with nuclear weapons to include the country’s growing military-industrial complex and improved conventional forces. Despite the implications, one official told Washington Post, there was “no debate with respect to the targeting of China.”
It was around this time that the Bush administration’s Nuclear Posture Review in late 2001 identified a military confrontation over the status of Taiwan as an “immediate contingency” influencing the sizing [of] U.S. nuclear forces. China, due to its still evolving strategic objectives and ongoing modernization of nuclear and non nuclear forces, was described as a country that “could be involved in an immediate or potential contingency.”
CHISOP or not, however, the March 2006 Quadrennial Defense Review underscored the central status of China in U.S. planning: “Of the major and emerging powers, China has the greatest potential to compete militarily with the United States” as it “continues to invest heavily in its military, particularly in its strategic arsenal and capabilities designed to improve its ability to project power beyond its borders.”

Last edited:
CHISOP or not, however, the March 2006 Quadrennial Defense Review underscored the central status of China in U.S. planning: “Of the major and emerging powers, China has the greatest potential to compete militarily with the United States” as it “continues to invest heavily in its military, particularly in its strategic arsenal and capabilities designed to improve its ability to project power beyond its borders.”

The review has to be written and an competitor identified. I would agree that

“Of the major and emerging powers, China has the greatest potential to compete militarily with the United States”

I have to admit that even though China has miniscule potential to compete against the US, its still has the greatest potential. Thats because all the others has less potential. This doesn't reflect the strength of China, but the weakness of the rest of the world vs the US. But we should look ahead and build a better country and a better world instead of dwelling in reports such as this.

Since we've already discussed China's perfect manned spaceflight record, I thought you might find it interesting to see an exciting video that covers China's planned unmanned flights for 2012 and 2017 to the moon, which will lay the groundwork for China's moon landing.

Here's a non-CGI video of the launch capsule for China's 2012 nuclear-powered lunar rover.

Back
Top Bottom