What's new

PLA Presence in Northern Areas ? ? ?

I see the positive side..absolute RAW failure to detect enemy at the gates..There are strong prospect of permenant PLA base in gilgit-balistan area in future. They had to wait for an NY times report to get alerted..what a shame!

Welcome PLA :china:

I see the positive side..absolute RAW failure to detect enemy at the gates..There are strong prospect of permenant PLA base in gilgit-balistan area in future. They had to wait for an NY times report to get alerted..what a shame!

what we see on the ground is not always what really goes on behind the scenes my friend.....:cheesy: perhaps we might build a few air bases or station a few missiles there ....who knows.....;)

World’s flood response gaining momentum: FO

Friday September 03, 2010 (1443 PST)

ISLAMABAD: The International community’s response to the floods is gradually gaining momentum and the country has so far received pledges of $1 billion from the world, the Foreign Office said on Thursday.

During a weekly press briefing, Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said that Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi had visited four Gulf Cooperation Council countries, including Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar. The leaders of these nations have assured all possible assistance. He said the government planned to convene a donors’ conference to seek support for relief and rehabilitation of flood victims.

Events: He said a number of other events had also been planned to generate world support and apprise the international community about the damage caused by the unprecedented floods. These, he said, included a ministerial meeting in New York on the 19th of this month, followed by the Friends of Democratic Pakistan forum meeting in Brussels on October 15th, both of which will be focused on floods.

Replying to a question about Chinese citizens’ presence in Gilgit-Baltistan, the spokesman said they were assisting in reopening the Karakoram Highway damaged by floods and landslides, and were also helping flood-affected people in Gilgit-Baltistan. Basit described as shocking a statement by Indian-held Kashmir Chief Minister Omer Abdullah that Kashmir is an integral part of India. He stressed that Kashmir was a disputed territory and the matter should be resolved in accordance with the aspirations of the Kashmiri people and UN resolutions. On investigation into the Samjhota Express bombing, Basit said there had been no progress and expressed hope that New Delhi would expedite the process and bring the perpetrators to book, saying 60 Pakistanis had lost their lives in the train fire incident.

When asked about the match-fixing scandal involving Pakistani cricketers, the spokesman said that investigations were ongoing and the government had not yet received any report from its high commissioner to Britain. He, however, said that Pakistan was ready to send its team to jointly investigate the scandal and is waiting for London’s response on this.

On the situation in Afghanistan, Basit said Pakistan believed that the US was committed to bringing stability in the war-torn country and is implementing a holistic policy announced by President Obama last year. He said Pakistan hoped the international community would sustain its commitment to the country until credible stability was achieved there.

TTP: He said Pakistan welcomed the US move of declaring the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan a terrorist organisation. He also welcomed US troops’ withdrawal from Iraq, saying this would bring a new turn and bring stability in that country.

Replying to a question about misuse of an outdoor advertisement facility provided to the Pakistan Consulate in New York by NASDAQ to raise funds for the flood victims, the spokesman said Pakistan’s embassy in Washington had been asked to investigate the matter and submit its report to the Foreign Office. He, however, added, that only 30 seconds had been offered to display the message on the NASDAQ TV screen, not 30 minutes as reported by the media.

End.

:china::china::china: i would welcome such base. As i said before that they have provided a good idea through their conspiracy theory

I can see what chinese are doing..probing Indians to see their reaction if an actual PLA base was to ever come in Northern Pakistan. Recently they called GB integral part of N-Pak which spills some secrets because if they considered it disputed then a PLA base cant be allocated in disputed areas. Also China is building strong releations with IOK resident Kashmiris which hints towards something big in future.

On the flip side, what ever happens between China-Pak has a tradition of being ultra secret.

what we see on the ground is not always what really goes on behind the scenes my friend.....:cheesy: perhaps we might build a few air bases or station a few missiles there ....who knows.....;)

There where?? Dont troll with poor sense of humor!

I dont understand the reason of happiness of Pakistani members on this. First US, then NATO and now China, everybody is playing their own games in Pakistan. Ofcourse it all start with the usual "friends" statments, then "natural ally" and then "Key strategic interest", but whatever you call it, you end up being a puppet in the hands of others.
Only good part is that you are paid handsomely in the form of aid/grant or whatever you call it. Pakistan's diplomatic stage looks like a red light area to me.

I dont understand the reason of happiness of Pakistani members on this. First US, then NATO and now China, everybody is playing their own games in Pakistan. Ofcourse it all start with the usual "friends" statments, then "natural ally" and then "Key strategic interest", but whatever you call it, you end up being a puppet in the hands of others.
Only good part is that you are paid handsomely in the form of aid/grant or whatever you call it. Pakistan's diplomatic stage looks like a red light area to me.

Yeah and whatever happened to those declarations that no foreign troops will be allowed to step on "Pakistan soil".

Last edited:

For same reason Pakistan created for:agree: so called strategic game

Yeah and whatever happened to those declarations that no foreign troops will be allowed to step on "Pakistan soil".

Pakistan News Service - PakTribune

Pakistan will not allow foreign troops on its soil: FM Qureshi

Just big talk and nothing else!

Before going on a rant, would be helpful to read the full article and the context, here let me help you with that.

" MULTAN: No foreign military would be allowed to set foot in Pakistan and the country�s law enforcement agencies will conduct anti-terrorism operations inside the country, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said on Sunday.

He told reporters at the Multan airport on his arrival that during his recent visit to Washington, he had conveyed to the US that NATO would not be allowed to conduct operations in Pakistan. "

So the context is with regard to anti-terrorism operations as was being rumored that US or NATO can take operations inside the country. So in that context the statement was given, you Indians are good at misguiding by quoting things out of context.

So if you guys don't know in what context the Chinese troops are supposedly in Pakistan, then plzz don't open it up.

Pakistan News Service - PakTribune

Pakistan will not allow foreign troops on its soil: FM Qureshi

Just big talk and nothing else!

Pakistan was created at the most strategic cross roads of the world unlike the indians in extreme outback of South Asia with no strategic borders really. So we are expected to be in the game for eternity. its only up to us on being smart or losing it. US and NATO did have their game and they have pleaded enough to save their behinds. The Russians also had their game in twisting our arms. The Chinese are peace loving people who has built ties of mutual benefit and respect.

The forgien troops clause is directed towards combat operations and does not include the chinese. In that sense there arent US / NATO forces on Pakistani soil taking part in combat. They must have tried some incursions but our levrage on WOT is much heavier.

Do you think the Arabis, Turks and Persian only flock to us for brotherhood??? Or we are always in the news for good or bad over nothing??

We are unique in our case.

For same reason Pakistan created for:agree: so called strategic game
Isn't being in the fight better than sitting far like an audience??
We made, we are and we will continue to make history in important political events be is collapse of USSR or WOT!!

crash and burn! :flame:

Isn't being in the fight better than sitting far like an audience??
We made, we are and we will continue to make history in important political events be is collapse of USSR or WOT!!

crash and burn! :flame:

Fighting is never good for a country & its people development :disagree:

Are you really that short-sighted and naive or do you believe everything you read in the PRESS?

Ya and when your pakistani counterparts rant endlessly about 600 mn poors living in India, I guess they have actually come to India and counted each of them, right?

Dont make a fool of yourself. Waise, I dont mind you making us laugh by your silly answers.

Back
Top Bottom