What's new

PLA Presence in Northern Areas ? ? ?

The Washington Post is propaganda too along with the New York Times. Any other papers you want to add to your list?

If you don't have the ability to stomach facts, i suggest that you stay away from the discussion. A question was raised about economic development & it was answered in that context. Is it my problem that the Washington Post found Muzaffarabd to be desolate place compared to the prosperity of Srinagar!!?

For once i would like to meet an Indian on this fourm that posts positive news about Pakistan. All i see from Indians like you and certain others is "Pakistan = failed state", Pakistan=Sinking, Pakistan=Do More... :blah::blah::blah:

We know your purpose here! And its not welcome!

For once i would like to meet an Indian on this fourm that posts positive news about Pakistan.

Look at the bright side. The guy just quoted a foreign news report on AK. Wasn't the entire GB and AK closed to the world:toast_sign:?

The cry baby is crying again hahah....man even if the Chinesse are there its non of your business.. they are best friends of Pakistan and are in Pakistani land not yours so what you crying about now... i wonder guys next time we all go to the bathroom is the indian gov gona wonder what we doing in there lolz give it a rest its a shameful act crying all the damn time talk about peace for once jerks.

Last edited:
Let's assume the report is correct. So? What's the big deal? China and Pakistan are allies and close buddies. If they are on the Pakistan-China border - err - how does it affect us? I would be crying foul if they were on the India-Pakistan border along the LoC or the IB - that would be a major cause for concern. Let's not forget that even India holds war games with USA - didn't they hold some in the North East too - which is pretty close to China. Did China object? Let's grow up a little.

I don't understand why is it so hard for you people to understand.

The thread was opened with an article, so why can't we post our posts in that regard and keep the discussion centering on the things mentioned in the article ?? Why bring in other nonsense which has nothing to do with the article ??

The article makes some assumptions and accusations, can't we discuss those things.

If you guys tried to derail the thread, don't think the thread will be closed, rather members who will try to derail it will be thrown out.

So keep the discussion as per the topic at hand, China and accusations on China & Pakistan.

Perhaps my point wasn't clear - India wouldn't be so jumpy if the troops were in say NWFP or Balochistan. India is jumpy because the Chinese troops are allegedly in the Northern Areas which is part of J&K. I stated earlier that India should not be jumpy either way. I am NOT trying to derail this thread.

Perhaps my point wasn't clear - India wouldn't be so jumpy if the troops were in say NWFP or Balochistan. India is jumpy because the Chinese troops are allegedly in the Northern Areas which is part of J&K. I stated earlier that India should not be jumpy either way. I am NOT trying to derail this thread.

Again you are not getting the point, i said about some members derailing the thread by posting articles which were making no sense considering the topic at hand.

NA is part of J&K, yes or no, is a separate thing to talk about, AJK is how much Azad is a separate thing to talk about, which had no linkage to this topic at hand, the topic was discussion about Chinese presence in NAs, so my post was for those people who posted in articles which had just one meaning, to derail the thread.

Hope this time the issue is clear.

Why the NY article has gained so much credibility is because Pakistan's past records of 'surrendering authority or sovereignty over their lands'. US use of Pakistani soil to fight the Russians and then to fight Taliban , US refusal to handover back PAF airfield for carrying out rescue efforts along the Indus, bombing runs conducted by USAF/ISAF on NW Pakistani villages killing militants as well as civilians. Previous records exist, so handing over Gilgit to Chinese is definitely a possibility.

Yes, I saw 11,000 men in a truck that day with Indian flags.
Anyways, my very close relative was deputy commissioner back in the day and Sunni-Shia violence is of a real concern. If China can help us liberate Jammu than we can give Gilgit to them for sometime. Chinese have a good past record unlike Americans.

Maybe they are there for development projects, maybe some spy units, anything is possible.

However, 11,000 men is a bit of exaggeration. NY, lower down the numbers please.

the question is what the Chinese are doing on Indian part which is illegally occupied by Pakistan

Well the answer is that you are asking the wrong question.

So now plz don't try to derail the thread with your naive question.

Yes, I saw 11,000 men in a truck that day with Indian flags.
Anyways, my very close relative was deputy commissioner back in the day and Sunni-Shia violence is of a real concern. If China can help us liberate Jammu than we can give Gilgit to them for sometime. Chinese have a good past record unlike Americans.

Maybe they are there for development projects, maybe some spy units, anything is possible.

However, 11,000 men is a bit of exaggeration. NY, lower down the numbers please.

Liberate Jammu? Do you really think that Chinese have anything to gain but notoriety and bad press by invading Indian territory? Even areas like Tawang which they claim belong to China - they don't invade those. Every civilized country knows today that the days of invading another nation to gain land is history.

Back
Top Bottom