What's new

PL-9 SRAAM

I agree with his statement COMPLETELY. It cannot be more correct. There will be no direct confrontation between India and China.

You know what? I would suggest it will become more likely as both countries try to increase their circle of influence. Both countries are aspiring to superpower status, and will not stand by and allow their proxies get knocked down easily. So whilst there might not be any direct action there might be something along the lines of the Chinese navy "defending the sea lanes for free trade" outside karachi or something along those lines. No as far fetched as it would seem.

Do you think economic and military cost to India & Pakistan are less?

So whilst there might not be any direct action there might be something along the lines of the Chinese navy "defending the sea lanes for free trade" outside karachi or something along those lines. No as far fetched as it would seem.

It wont be defending sea lanes of free trade outside karachi, more like a show of force and support for Pakistan on the outskirts of the warzone. It wont intervene directly. I agree, China wont let its proxies get knocked off easily, but it wont get in direct confrontation easily.

On a similar scale, what would be India's proxy against China? A good question to ponder upon!
Could we perhaps help in the arming of Taiwan? Or do we juts keep a India-Japan and possibly US angle?

"defending the sea lanes for free trade" outside karachi or something along those lines. No as far fetched as it would seem.

Expect the IN to Do the Blockading of Chinese ships. PLAN and IN arent capable of Attacking each other's Region of Interest. They just dont have the legs.

It wont be defending sea lanes of free trade outside karachi, more like a show of force and support for Pakistan on the outskirts of the warzone. It wont intervene directly. I agree, China wont let its proxies get knocked off easily, but it wont get in direct confrontation easily.

On a similar scale, what would be India's proxy against China? A good question to ponder upon!
Could we perhaps help in the arming of Taiwan? Or do we juts keep a India-Japan and possibly US angle?

Does anyone over here think Chinese are stupids, Any direct interference into Indian Sphere of Interest, India has been known for treating autocratically the Indian Ocean as its Ocean. Only the USN can stand up to it, in this area.
Expect bases to Sprung up in all of south eastern asian countries for Indian naval Ships. natural strenghting of Japanese-Indian-US Naval Block, And the Indian Commies polticians going underground.

Adux, rather than the last 3 lines, could you please give some actual names. I know Madagascar has a deal with India for patrolling their shores and some kind of base or port or whatever.

Vietnam, Madagascar, Malaysia, Thailand(swinging both ways), Singapore, South Korea and Japan.
These are the candidates of India's lookeast policy, But how many of them are confirmed ports, is anybody's guess. You can expect Japan and South Korea.
Vietnam and Madagascar are confirmed porting places.
Joint Patrolling Singapore, US, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Uptill now.

I can confirm Madgascar, did not know about Vietnam. Could you give a link dude. Singapore is too small. We cant get a base there, only port rights for military ships to dock and repair/refuel/etc.

Malay

I cant seem to find the link, MAybe I am wrong there are only negotations for the base.
India is very serious about its Look East policy.
Just look at the Sheer amount Port visits and other Aid programs during Tsunami, Most East asian countries arent happy about rising China.
We have some very powerful allies in US, Japan and South Korea.
Indo-US-Japan Naval Ex, stands testimonial to this policy.

http://www.google.com/search?source...005-52,GGLG:en&q=Indian+Navy+Look+East+policy

Pakistan cannot compete. :D

[Sarcasam=ON]
  1. Pakistan couldn't compete in 1965.
  2. Pakistan couldn't compete in 1971.
  3. Pakistan couldn't compete in Kargil.
  4. Now Pakistan dont have nukes.
[/Sarcasam=OFF]

Like i said. Damage will be the same if not more. India will lose its existance as a nation, let alone effecting it militarily or economically.

Back
Top Bottom