What's new

PKR falling like a meteorite.

You see that the recent tweet cites 3 months increase YoY?
yr you are missing the big picture... a lot of these remittances almost 50-60 percent of it are not linked to overseas Pakistan, its the money smuggled out of Pakistan and later brought back through proper channels under the cover of remittances, that's why its not decreasing. The rate is 2-5% and you can get all your dirty money whitewashed in the country!

yr you are missing the big picture... a lot of these remittances almost 50-60 percent of it are not linked to overseas Pakistan, its the money smuggled out of Pakistan and later brought back through proper channels under the cover of remittances, that's why its not decreasing. The rate is 2-5% and you can get all your dirty money whitewashed in the country!

No offence, but you guys are now losing it.

what do you mean by "you guys"?
You guys = the guys who so desperately want to imply that no Pakistani is gonna send remittance to Pak under this Govt. My idea is pretty simply, Pakistanis send money to their families and they are gonna keep on sending them regardless of govt. in power. Some months more like Eid and some months lesser. Sure, those who don't wanna do investments in Pak during this time will not do so. Others will simply think of it as one time opportunity thing. Case in point, an overseas friend of mine who right now desperately want to buy some flat for himself because well, rupee is devalued even if there is some price hike in property market, its still cheaper for him.

Last edited:
@Norwegian

Norwegian sb,

There was no Imran Khan in Bangladesh, yet they are having economic crisis

Ha, ha that was a nice one. In fact there are more than a dozen countries which are facing serious financial crisis- Panama (a country which I am sure most Pakistanis are familiar), El Salvador, Ghana, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon to name a few. None of them have/had an IK as far as I know.

Regards

This is an unsubstantiated speculation until proven in the country's court of law 🙄

@Norwegian

Norwegian sb,

There was no Imran Khan in Bangladesh, yet they are having economic crisis

Ha, ha that was a nice one. In fact there are more than a dozen countries which are facing serious financial crisis- Panama (a country which I am sure most Pakistanis are familiar), El Salvador, Ghana, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon to name a few. None of them have/had an IK as far as I know.

Regards
Extend the same excuse to PDM then 🙏

You guys = the guys who so desperately want to imply that no Pakistani is gonna send remittance to Pak under this Govt. My idea is pretty simply, Pakistanis send money to their families and they are gonna keep on sending them regardless of govt. in power. Some months more like Eid and some months lesser. Sure, those who don't wanna do investments in Pak during this time will not do so. Others will simply think of it as one time opportunity thing. Case in point, an overseas friend of mine who right now desperately want to buy some flat for himself because well, rupee is devalued even if there is some price hike in property market.
and i agree with ou on that. their families are behind and they will send money regardless of the government! But the laundering thing is pretty big too and not all the remittances send is people sending money back to their families, its more than that, always have been regardless of the government!

This is an unsubstantiated speculation until proven in the country's court of law 🙄
you cant prove it but you can go to any finance lawyer in the country. 90% would give the same old advise of whitewashing your shit! i am on the ground zero buddy, know people who do this ......

Sure, but the graph shows a trend.

Here is a more recent tweet

And this is FY22 - not the last few months. So majority of this performance is attributable to IK time in the gov.
Though remittances mean little in my estimation. It is a function of the disfunctionality that we have such a large labor pool in countries outside of Pakistan earning wages. Speaks to the economic weakness within Pakistan. Though helpful in BoP it is hardly a badge of honor.

You guys = the guys who so desperately want to imply that no Pakistani is gonna send remittance to Pak under this Govt. My idea is pretty simply, Pakistanis send money to their families and they are gonna keep on sending them regardless of govt. in power. Some months more like Eid and some months lesser. Sure, those who don't wanna do investments in Pak during this time will not do so. Others will simply think of it as one time opportunity thing. Case in point, an overseas friend of mine who right now desperately want to buy some flat for himself because well, rupee is devalued even if there is some price hike in property market, its still cheaper for him.
No sir not all .i have sent 60k usd last year all of that was investment .and i will not send a penny to haramis .

We can sleep easy everyone.. Judge Wood has spoken :lol: :lol: :lol:
1659207119740.png

Right at this moment the interbank rate is 242...

The journey started from 173 and now it's at 242. Everyday we loose about 4, 5 rupees.

No single head is turned. Federal government is busy in god knows what. SBP is chilling. Khan is busy conquering provinces.

Is there anyone who cares for the economy and not the stupid kursi?

Khan's economic plan is pretty shit expecting remittances to complete the dollar shortfall. People speculating on polictical uncertainty.

Is there any party or organisation that has a proper plan to set things straight? Why can't all the stupid politicians sit together and form a charter of economy which should be followed irregardless.

Why does khan say weird shit like I'll negotiate with taliban who literally killed and butchered people but won't talk to politicians accused of corruption, is his ego more important or the country. Let's be honest sharifs and zardaris are not going anywhere.

The state of affairs so literally so pathetic. only way to sort out the fall of the rupee is linked the salary of generals
It goes to show the sensitivity of our politicians and treacherous generals. Only way to arrest the fall of the rupee is to link the fall with the tola of generals salaries. If RUPEE falls their salaries fall too lets see how quickly new elections will be called.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom