What's new

Pirates of Somalia and Pakistan Navy

Actually PN is part of the task force fighting pirates in the waters around Somalia.

You can read some facts around Joe's Masala here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Umeed-e-Nuh#Preparing_for_a_naval_rescue_mission

Here is a report written by a former admiral on Pakistans role in Somalia - http://www.lessonsfrompiracy.net/files/2014/11/Countering-Somali-Piracy.pdf

fact is though, Oceans are huge, pirate ships are tiny and hard to detect until they get close, most merchant vessels don't have security, so once people are kidnapped they are taken to land. Sometimes paying the pirates is cheaper than fighting the pirates.

This piracy started with fisherman trying to protect their waters.

Last edited by a moderator:
as you know the news of Somalia that pirates highjack ship and take hostage the staff/ crew demand ransom money from their Country. In news ..Denmark ,U.S.A, England, mostly country send their Naval Ship Submarine and take action against them. Why Not Pakistan Navy ???????? Is their any problem with Pakistan Navy? I am So confused about that matter .why not have any reasons why not PAK NAVY take strong operation against them.
Action done under UN charter , Pakistan had this command last year. I don't know which country has command now. Every year command change.

as you know the news of Somalia that pirates highjack ship and take hostage the staff/ crew demand ransom money from their Country. In news ..Denmark ,U.S.A, England, mostly country send their Naval Ship Submarine and take action against them. Why Not Pakistan Navy ???????? Is their any problem with Pakistan Navy? I am So confused about that matter .why not have any reasons why not PAK NAVY take strong operation against them.

Hi,

Pak navy has had many an encounters with the pirates and saved many a ships---.

The problem is with the govt---they are busy saving their necks---and the medi is busy helping them ut---so the news about the somali pirates gets on the back burner.

Pak navy has had many an encounters with the pirates and saved many a ships
Do you think it is efficient use of scarce taxpayers money on pacifing the Bab el Mendeb and the Horn of Africa? I should think we need to pacify the lawlessness inside Pakistan as priority and use those finite resources to establish law/order.

It would be wise to first do a little research before starting a thread. Google MV Suez

Do you think it is efficient use of scarce taxpayers money on pacifing the Bab el Mendeb and the Horn of Africa? I should think we need to pacify the lawlessness inside Pakistan as priority and use those finite resources to establish law/order.

Hi,

It is marking your presence---. Controlling the lawlessness inside of the nation is one part of imposing rule of law---controlling the sea lanes is the other part of imposing the rule of law---.

If we have the ability---then it is our moral obligation to take on the job---. Plus we have to have our presence known in the arena---against those pirates---and against those fishing trawlers that come and steal our fish---.

Sir I Agree .there are so many Problem inside Pakistan specially in Government politics Law and order .. I dont know who is responsible for that .. no one claim that its my duty ...etc you know ... only Arm Forces shows us United and work on unity faith discipline. that's create a Hope to the nation and nation demand to do your job .If Pakistan Navy encounters with them .then why not explore in media ..I am not talk about the Internet news ..I talk about Tv channels to explore the victory record of Pakistan Navy in Somalia ..We Love Pakistan we have to Appropriate our Arm Forces because we dont have other choice..

Hi,

It is marking your presence---. Controlling the lawlessness inside of the nation is one part of imposing rule of law---controlling the sea lanes is the other part of imposing the rule of law---.

If we have the ability---then it is our moral obligation to take on the job---. Plus we have to have our presence known in the arena---against those pirates---and against those fishing trawlers that come and steal our fish---.
Sir you right .. but who take action? try to understand that the protection of your sea is your future. coastguard are not able to the protect the all Sea Area of Pakistan lack of strength and ones again lack of better Equipment. on the other side billions of $$$ smuggling and coastguard nothing to do .. no justification need . who caught your fish ....weakness shows and the local fisherman of other country cross the border. no body enter in your house without permission. I dont known then we talk about Pakistan our thinking will change ..Pakistan is our home Mother land lots of passions in words but only in words. every problem still their .people are upgrading fast take money legal illegal no matter but country going down. every blame on System .. but system is unbreakable God Help Us.

not only for Pakistanis even Pakistani NGO and People raised money for indians captured by pirates......BTW why not indian mighty blue water Army took action for there indian citizens? they dont even give a fuk and Pakistanis paid somalis to release poor indians.

1. Too small;
  2. Too oriented towards coastal defence, not mentally a blue-water navy yet;
  3. Too obsessed with India to the exclusion of everything else;
  4. Too dangerous to let loose.
For the last, there are videos of a maniac ship captain who wanted to play tag with an Indian Navy vessel. The video is horrifying; that kind of irresponsibility should not be let loose on the high seas.

For the 3rd (above), the PN leadership has to take a deep breath, and understand that nobody is about to attack them; they can afford to patrol the seas off Somalia and play their role in anti-piracy operations.

The 2nd is inextricably combined with the 3rd; everything is determined in relation to the imminent attack from India; it could be happening even as we write and read.

The 1st point: to mount an effective patrol, the PN leadership should increase their number of medium sized vessels; even corvettes will do, although they may be hideously uncomfortable in disturbed sea states.
Syed Zia, you need to search a bit about it, Pakistan does take part in action against pirates. Pakistan is member of combined task force,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Task_Force_150

Thank you.

This is why many Indians on PDF have become permanent trolls. Instead of inane comments like this, and inane is a mild word, you could have addressed the topic, and my observations. Again, with clockwork precision, it becomes a dick measuring contest: 'your failures are bigger than my failures'.

Congratulations once again.
You sir Please don't sound way too innocent compared to what reality actually is with India Pakistan Naval Theater.
You have a massive Hostile Navy
Karachi port is our lifeline. And an Indian Assault on Karachi port combined with an Amphibious Landing on Baluchistan coast would be a hard hit to recover. Or an Indian Aircraft Carrier imposing a no fly zone near Pakistani Coastal Areas.
India have a way too powerfull navy to ignore or take lightly.
We can manage a ground assault by India. We can Take down your Air force in our territory. But we cannot take an eye off your massive navy.
Anyways i hope this stuff never happens and we become friendly neighbors instead of this useless hostilities stuff.
Some times i wish if Netaji Bose was Successful in Liberation of India Instead of Congress and ML things might have been drastically different :cheers:

Pak Navy is corrupt from core. Btw Why do we have SSGN/Navy if we cant rescue our fellow countrymen from Pirates ?

You sir Please don't sound way too innocent compared to what reality actually is with India Pakistan Naval Theater.
You have a massive Hostile Navy
Karachi port is our lifeline. And an Indian Assault on Karachi port combined with an Amphibious Landing on Baluchistan coast would be a hard hit to recover. Or an Indian Aircraft Carrier imposing a no fly zone near Pakistani Coastal Areas.
India have a way too powerfull navy to ignore or take lightly.
We can manage a ground assault by India. We can Take down your Air force in our territory. But we cannot take an eye off your massive navy.
Anyways i hope this stuff never happens and we become friendly neighbors instead of this useless hostilities stuff.
Some times i wish if Netaji Bose was Successful in Liberation of India Instead of Congress and ML things might have been drastically different :cheers:

I have to admire your strategic outline. Thought-provoking.

Incidentally, on three separate occasions, I have written about the role and function of the Pakistan Navy, in the context of the Indian Navy, and my suggestions are all on record. You will be amused to learn that what you have mentioned outright found expression as hints and indirect references in my mails.

Regarding the possibility of being friendly neighbours, it very much exists. If you find an Indian - even a single Indian - and you write to him, or her, politely and get a similar response, why, then, the friendliness has started. After that, it is a question of winning over one individual more after another.

:cheers:

"They" have no issue with Pak Navy. it has headed the tast force in the past in this region. and has been involved in the rescue of the Pakistan and Indian sailors and brought them back to Pakistan and warded off the follow up attacks during its journey back as well.

for political or diplomatic reasons its favorable image wont make mainstream news and it is a fact that we have to live with. the grateful Indian sailors and their families were generous in their praise and that is what counts . not some highly paid disinterested elites in plush offices

I have to admire your strategic outline. Thought-provoking.

Incidentally, on three separate occasions, I have written about the role and function of the Pakistan Navy, in the context of the Indian Navy, and my suggestions are all on record. You will be amused to learn that what you have mentioned outright found expression as hints and indirect references in my mails.

Regarding the possibility of being friendly neighbours, it very much exists. If you find an Indian - even a single Indian - and you write to him, or her, politely and get a similar response, why, then, the friendliness has started. After that, it is a question of winning over one individual more after another.

:cheers:
In that regard i have a lot of Indian Friends on Social Media Platforms where we only become hostile in case of a cricket match otherwise brothers in arms :taz:.

Being a Punjabi i love Punjabi Culture and Totally in love with the revival of Punjabi Language and culture in Indian Punjab and love Punjabi Movies from India while we have ruined our Punjabi Culture degrading Punjabi language over Urdu and English.
Also Music is a shared passion with many friends as well. And who cannot love Kohli if he is not a cricket fan.
Plus the Epic India Vs Pakistan Mango Samosa and Biryani Wars as well :rofl:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom