What's new

Pipeline through Bangladesh to transport Myanmar gas to India!

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is a BD nut thanking your post. if china shuts water for B'putra, they are the ones who will suffer more. seriously

Pakistan effect... @Topic: good move by BD. In route they can also get some cheap gas..

My assumption is predicated on BAL losing next election. Your point is valid however.

Who care, Haseena didi is also in our camp... No matter Khaleeda or Hassena, both are our didi and both feel India as their second home..:P

Last edited by a moderator:
@Loki have you been whispering into didi's ears..this is all because of you and your love for Indian isn't it? :)

why is a BD nut thanking your post. if china shuts water for B'putra, they are the ones who will suffer more. seriously

No, China is the ALL WATER FRIEND of BD, even if they build dams on B'putra than it will only effect India as the water will be deviated in such a way that the river will start flowing through Myanmar into BD.

RAWAMY league gonna come back to power :woot:

INSHA ALLAH!!!!!

Now with a friendly regime in Dhaka, India feels emboldened to revive the project again, not the least because it feels there is much economic gain for Bangladesh in it in shape of transit fees.

Another possible source of income that would transform us into Singapore!

I wont be so happy if I were an Indian. Dalals will be gone pretty soon. Should have tried harder with this pipelines when Awamis came to power in 2009.:lol:

Not sure it is a good idea considering the country is going to face rising sea levels and 1/2 of the country if not more will be submerged because Bangladesh refuses to build a Thames Barrier or do what the Dutch have done in Holland.

@Loki have you been whispering into didi's ears..this is all because of you and your love for Indian isn't it? :)

I haven't been whispering anything :lol:

This is high time India beg BD for anything they want. If the regime changes india will never get this amount of leverage and free meats. Good job to india. its their success.

There's no clarity over the transit issue.

According to a prominent think tank in BD, the AL-led government had been trying to avoid the GATT framework, and does not fall under any internationally accepted system.
'The transit we are talking about with India does not fall under any international definition'
Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD)

Hmmm. still, is it true that my government doesn't want to pay the fee for it? If so then any guess as to why? What's the international norm/framework for such deals?

Hmmm. still, is it true that my government doesn't want to pay the fee for it? If so then any guess as to why? What's the international norm/framework for such deals?

I don't think there should be any issue by following the GATT framework for both sides.

There are too many unanswered questions over that one. Public know very little as far as deep details of the transit go.

Not sure it is a good idea considering the country is going to face rising sea levels and 1/2 of the country if not more will be submerged because Bangladesh refuses to build a Thames Barrier or do what the Dutch have done in Holland.
The gas pipes will still work,even if submerged I think.. :)

I don't think there should be any issue by following the GATT framework for both sides.

There are too many unanswered questions over that one. Public know very little as far as deep details of the transit go.

Explain GATT to me? So why have we dithered this long..40 years to be exact? What is the real reason that BD is opposed to it..not what the general haters pander about..what's the technical/political/economical reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom