What's new

Picturing Pakistan's Past: The Beatles, Booze And Bikinis

:disagree: you will end up being on zarvan's naughty list :lol:

Zarvan is a cartoon character in PDF mate, not to be taken seriously. His kind is not the majority and they will either change for their own good or end up dead with unfulfilled wish of seeing the Talibanization of Pakistan or any other country for that matter

Zarvan is a cartoon character in PDF mate, not to be taken seriously. His kind is not the majority and they will either change for their own good or end up dead with unfulfilled wish of seeing the Talibanization of Pakistan or any other country for that matter

Guys like @Zarvan are diminishing lot, for sure, in Pakistan. While there is a lot of talk about 'Talibanization' or 'Islamization' of Pakistan in this forum and in the world media, in my mind, since 1988 (Zia's Death) Pakistan is slowly, but surely, clawing its way out of the cesspool of Zia's 11 year 'Islamic' rule. Once the WOT is over then human nature of enjoying life will prevail again. I have no doubt about that.

Zarvan talks about the 'true' Islam etc. I have seen a lot of those arguments in the 80's. They were the dominant theme in Pakistan then, thanks to Zia. It went like: All of our problems will be solved if only we truly followed Islamic laws. One of those Islamic laws was against usury. Zia introduced PLS Accounts in banking (Profit Loss Sharing Accounts). It really did not lurch the society toward being more Islamic.

Anyway, study Zarvan and his ilk like a relic. Sort of study North Korea like a relic, although from a completely different political spectrum.

Zarvan and his ilk need to know that Pakistan already had the quite possibly the best version of Islam through from 1947 through the 1970's: A sufi oriented, egalitarian, tolerant Islam, despite occasional Shia-Sunni, Deobandi-Bralvi problems. Let's try to go back to that as far as spiritualism in Pakistan is concerned. Pakistan was neither too-open nor too closed. Neither Turkey. Nor Saudi Arabia.

Last edited by a moderator:
We will see who is cartoon character and who is not Islam is growing and Indians will know what we are really very soon

Guys like @Zarvan are diminishing lot, for sure, in Pakistan. While there is a lot of talk about 'Talibanization' or 'Islamization' of Pakistan in this forum and in the world media, in my mind, since 1988 (Zia's Death) Pakistan is slowly, but surely, clawing its way out of the cesspool of Zia's 11 year 'Islamic' rule. Once the WOT is over then human nature of enjoying life will prevail again. I have no doubt about that.

Zarvan talks about the 'true' Islam etc. I have seen a lot of those arguments in the 80's. They were the dominant theme in Pakistan then, thanks to Zia. It went like: All of our problems will be solved if only we truly followed Islamic laws. One of those Islamic laws was against usury. Zia introduced PLS Accounts in banking (Profit Loss Sharing Accounts). It really did not lurch the society toward being more Islamic.

Anyway, study Zarvan and his ilk like a relic. Sort of study North Korea like a relic, although from a completely different political spectrum.

Zarvan and his ilk need to know that Pakistan already had the quite possibly the best version of Islam through from 1947 through the 1970's: A sufi oriented, egalitarian, tolerant Islam, despite occasional Shia-Sunni, Deobandi-Bralvi problems. Let's try to go back to that as far as spiritualism in Pakistan is concerned. Pakistan was neither too-open nor too closed. Neither Turkey. Nor Saudi Arabia.
Mr Islam is Islam and will be implemented even if liberals hate it they will be taken out and defeated and destroyed really very soon and made part of history and those guys talk about sufism who haven't read about it like other cartoon and idiot liberals at least take out time to read Imam Ghazali Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jillani and other sufis those who talk about sufis are the biggest jokers of society

Last edited by a moderator:
The last few pages made be drink my half a bottle of Bacardi Rum.There is a Bond among us?

Both of them are local beverages and one of them is quite popular in your country ... I am surprised you didn't know that :what: ... All Jack Daniels vanished from the stores ? :D

Yeah , the name's Bond , James Bond :lol:

:disagree: you will end up being on zarvan's naughty list :lol:

Infidel list they call it , mate :P At least get your facts straight :D

Both of them are local beverages and one of them is quite popular in your country ... I am surprised you didn't know that :what: ... All Jack Daniels vanished from the stores ? :D
sorry dude, I am from TN and I do not know Hindi or Urudu. and JD is a great drink but not close to Bacardi WHITE RUM

We will see who is cartoon character and who is not Islam is growing and Indians will know what we are really very soon

Mr Islam is Islam and will be implemented even if liberals hate it they will be taken out and defeated and destroyed really very soon and made part of history and those guys talk about sufism who haven't read about it like other cartoon and idiot liberals at least take out time to read Imam Ghazali Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jillani and other sufis those who talk about sufis are the biggest jokers of society

from the very signature you have in your post I can understand what kind of a Mullavi you follow. Its not worth my time making your kind understand the true value of life and you kind lives in a lala land that does not belong in this planet.
Dream well kid

Ah I see , hence the surprise ... Otherwise , Krait or others would have made witty comments over that :D ...
Think I missed something. Oye Secur, mention me when someone needs to be mocked. Milke maje lenge. :D

Think I missed something. Oye Secur, mention me when someone needs to be mocked. Milke maje lenge. :D

Sure why not ? After all , the admin has integrated the " Mention " function just for that purpose :D

These pictures from the 60's and 70's are mainly of the upper and the upper-middle classes who were heavily influenced by western culture. The majority of the country (working, lower-middle and a proportion of the upper-middle) has been deeply conservative since partition so the culture hasn't really changed. What has changed is the fact that the majority have simply become louder and the liberals quieter.

Hey if modernization = bikini babes, alcohol, etc then tell your sisters and brothers to indulge in such shameful activities and leave the awam alone. Good thing Pakistan changed. well to some extent.

Hey if modernization = bikini babes, alcohol, etc then tell your sisters and brothers to indulge in such shameful activities and leave the awam alone. Good thing Pakistan changed. well to some extent.

e ki keh ditta... lol

when did you last see bikini babes? :P

Back
Top Bottom