What's new

Pictures of Iran before 1979

curse of modern world bro happens everywhere now :lol: not jus iran

In Iran it's different, because outside everyone wants to be the religious person, while inside (their homes) they behave completely the opposite. The mullahs have created two worlds in Iran and they refuse to acknowledge, discuss and improve it.

Corruption and 2 facedness don't seem to be only an Iranian problem. Nor only a Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Indian problem. It is a problem across the whole developing world, and while it exists in the developed world, it is not nearly as much.

The reason I believe is that in the developing world, people in power like to look after their own. So if a former leader or someone working in the system is known to be corrupt, those in charge of the law will not punish him. While in the west, everyone and anything who have been found to break the law will get punished. Just look at Silvio Berlusconi, former leader of Italy just been convicted of corruption and may go to jail for 4 years.

Why are so insecure at the moment Islam is brought into the discussion. Someone just mentioned above about Pakistanis becoming so insecure when Islam is mentioned in the context of Iran.

Even before Islam our land has had ties to Iran.

Looks like Indian insecurity is rearing it's ugly head.

Dude, don't spoil the Iranian's thread with your trolling.

Seriously.

Well you have to understand the reason why Pakistan was created. What is good for iran will not apply in case of Pakistan.If tomorrow some catastrophe hits and all iranians suddenly forget about islam they will still be iranians/persians and there will still be iranian nationalism to carry the day. In case of pakistan, if islam is forgotten, their raison d etre is gone.

maybe in late 40s.....but today you have Baloch working in Punjab, Sindhi working and residing in Balochistan; Pakhtun in Karachi Sindh; Punjabi tending to business in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa; Kashmiri Pakistani serving his nation in uniform in Okara; or Chitrali running business in twin cities.....Pakistan is very much one nation.

and it's bizarre coming from indian b/c you dont even have a national language to unite your country the way we do.....we dont have rivalry the way you have north vs. south or east vs. west . According to your logic your india is probably 487 nations

so much for "raison d'etre" :woot:

p.s. in Iran you have Persians, Kurds, Azaris, Arabs, Balouch and other groups......"Persian" isn't one nationality. Same applies to a country like Turkiye; you have Lorz Azeris Armenian-Turks Greek-Turks Black-Sea Turks, Macedonian Turks, Arabs, Kurds . . . . all these people together comprise these great nations.

hope you got my point

Corruption and 2 facedness don't seem to be only an Iranian problem. Nor only a Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Indian problem. It is a problem across the whole developing world, and while it exists in the developed world, it is not nearly as much.

The reason I believe is that in the developing world, people in power like to look after their own. So if a former leader or someone working in the system is known to be corrupt, those in charge of the law will not punish him. While in the west, everyone and anything who have been found to break the law will get punished. Just look at Silvio Berlusconi, former leader of Italy just been convicted of corruption and may go to jail for 4 years.

agreed :agree:

maybe in late 40s.....but today you have Baloch working in Punjab, Sindhi working and residing in Balochistan; Pakhtun in Karachi Sindh; Punjabi tending to business in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa; Kashmiri Pakistani serving his nation in uniform in Okara; or Chitrali running business in twin cities.....Pakistan is very much one nation.

and it's bizarre coming from indian b/c you dont even have a national language to unite your country the way we do.....we dont have rivalry the way you have north vs. south or east vs. west . According to your logic your india is probably 487 nations

so much for "raison d'etre" :woot:

p.s. in Iran you have Persians, Kurds, Azaris, Arabs, Balouch and other groups......"Persian" isn't one nationality. Same applies to a country like Turkiye; you have Lorz Azeris Armenian-Turks Greek-Turks Black-Sea Turks, Macedonian Turks, Arabs, Kurds . . . . all these people together comprise these great nations.

hope you got my point

Same old points....India does not need something to unify it. It was not the new entity that was created after seceding from someone and which needed something to unify it. And as far as today the differences have not hindered the growth of a common political identity based on a millenia old civilizational identity. Our scriptures are the biggest help for that.

And as for North vs South...puhleez....there are numerous other things that i can tell..like shia-sunni or baloch vs punjabi. Anyway my intention was not to create a dcik fight. We all have our limitations. rather it was just a requoting of a pakistani scholar who had argued along the same lines and the context was the insecurity being shown by the pakistanis in this thread whenever someone criticised the revolution or when some one says, if not for the mulla laws many in iran would stop being muslims. More than the iranians it is the Pakistanis who are supporting the revolution.

Anyway carry on with your nice discussion. My point has been made.

Insecure Indian ruins another thread.

Haha. Dear Iranian members, they do this to us more often than to you.

Dude the Shah's era was corrupt, no?

I mean educate me if you have to, I'm no expert.

But basically, the way I see it is:

Keep pumping up your oil and follow our lead in terms of foreign policy and you're golden.

Something like how the Saudis are today.

Again, don't go Rambo on me, because I don't know that much about Iran.

The lvl of corruption in society today is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times higher. I'm talking curruption on every level.

Also oil money was used for the country. Yeah, the royal family spent a lot of it on itself, but that was peanuts compared to the amount of oil money that's in the pockets of IR officials today. You then add on the tens of billions that go out of the country towards hezbollah, hamas and the wahabi palistinians and we have even a bigger disaster on our hands. If all this wasn't enough, we also have the IRGC. The IRGC pretty much controlls Iran's economy today. Every major contract goes to them. So essentially the mone that is used for the betterment of the country ends up getting funnelled back into the pockets of officials. Finally on a micro lvl corruption is also higher today. People lie, there is no trust, bribery is off the charts etc...

Tough times make people take hard decision to become corrupt to survive. For some shameless types, it's not a difficult decision to make

We are no stranger to corruption either let me assure you on that. The average worth of our members of National Assembly is about $900,000 US. "Civil servants" lol

Anyways. Enough politics post more pictures

Trust Pakistanis to come in with their religious insecurities and completely hijack a perfectly nice thread.

Way to go guys.

Not!

526235_109443742522650_302327813_n.jpg

533696_109440992522925_1930107824_n.jpg

533104_109441042522920_1515872102_n.jpg

534819_109441085856249_2037918463_n.jpg

529523_109441169189574_1873751712_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom