What's new

Pictures from GB

Natural Cricket Ground, Nagar

329323646_1241292900076438_4128477852890172725_n.jpg

Somebody needs to be investing in ski resorts in GB and northern Pakistan as a whole. The country could become the Switzerland of Asia if the right infrastructure is built. Of course with respect for the local environment, traditions etc.

Naltar is the only ski resort that I know of in GB and it is barely known within Pakistan let alone globally.

I once made a thread about this topic, the unique opportunity Pakistan has to brand itself as a mountaineering/ski resort/"Asian Switzerland" paradise, that would set the country apart from most other Asian travel destinations.

The unique thing about Pakistan is that geographic distances are pretty low. You can travel from GB to the Arabian Sea in Balochistan fairly quickly. So from tundra/very cold climate to very warm climate/beach within a few hours by plane. Northern Pakistan is also very close to major population centers and Islamabad.

As usual, the people and "leaders" are sleeping.

I remember relatives talking about seeing tons of European/American travelers traveling through Northern Pakistan during the "hippie era". Back then Pakistan was a respected/well-known travel destination for people that love mountaineering and mountain adventures.

Somebody needs to be investing in ski resorts in GB and northern Pakistan as a whole. The country could become the Switzerland of Asia if the right infrastructure is built. Of course with respect for the local environment, traditions etc.

Naltar is the only ski resort that I know of in GB and it is barely known within Pakistan let alone globally.

I once made a thread about this topic, the unique opportunity Pakistan has to brand itself as a mountaineering/ski resort/"Asian Switzerland" paradise, that would set the country apart from most other Asian travel destinations.

The unique thing about Pakistan is that geographic distances are pretty low. You can travel from GB to the Arabian Sea in Balochistan fairly quickly. So from tundra/very cold climate to very warm climate/beach within a few hours by plane. Northern Pakistan is also very close to major population centers and Islamabad.

As usual, the people and "leaders" are sleeping.

I remember relatives talking about seeing tons of European/American travelers traveling through Northern Pakistan during the "hippie era". Back then Pakistan was a respected/well-known travel destination for people that love mountaineering and mountain adventures.
Should open a separate thread for this.

Attabad Lake... Hunza Valley
Created in 2010 by landslide
Length: around 20 km
Altitude: 8,396 ft

330956866_934354700902221_6441264441818473867_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom