What's new

Pictures from cities: Karachi

The Port Tower planned for Karachi, the financial capital of Pakistan, with collaboration from investors from abroad, the Karachi Port Trust is taking on a Rs. 20 billion project, the Port Tower Complex, the tower would have been 1,947 ft (593 m)[1] high.

As planned, it comprised of a hotel, a shopping center, and an Expo center. The main feature of the venture included a revolving restaurant and a viewing gallery offering a panoramic view of city's coastline.

The Tower was planned to be located at the Clifton shoreline.

Crescent Bay is a 75-acre development featuring high and mid-rise towers for residential and commercial use, a shopping centre and five-star beachfront hotel in Karachi, Pakistan. Launched on May 31, 2006 as part of a US$2.4 billion investment in Pakistan by Emaar properties. The towers will contain approximately 4,000 residential apartments. Crescent Bay is located within Karachi's DHA Phase 8 and in close proximity to the DHA golf course.

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Dolmen Towers are two 40 storey skyscrapers under construction in Karachi, Pakistan for residential and commercial use.

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

Creek Marina project located in Phase VIII of DHA Karachi, when completed in three years will lay claim to first real 6-star residential development in Pakistan, offering uncompromising luxury & unobstructed ocean & golf-course views. The location is complimented by its close proximity to the proposed Raffles International Club which is also being developed concurrently.

Creek Marina has been designed to unrivalled standards of spatial planning, luxury, finishes & facilities offered by other world class residences in advanced cities like New York, London, Singapore, Hong Kong & Sydney.

Creek Marina project located in Phase VIII of DHA Karachi, when completed in three years will lay claim to first real 6-star residential development in Pakistan, offering uncompromising luxury & unobstructed ocean & golf-course views. The location is complimented by its close proximity to the proposed Raffles International Club which is also being developed concurrently.

Creek Marina has been designed to unrivalled standards of spatial planning, luxury, finishes & facilities offered by other world class residences in advanced cities like New York, London, Singapore, Hong Kong & Sydney.

Karachi after Rain..!!
4675288511_95fbc41fab_b.jpg

4676203430_7e42fceca8_b.jpg

4675584265_93c62fdaed_b.jpg

4675584543_ef96e40bf4_b.jpg

^ photos by i_sold_dreams786

very good projects going on...especially the port towers...

BTW Sky scrappers look ery good in pics. But i dint know why i have always hated living in one..somehow i feel jailed in a flat in a tower..i choose individual house with a lawn (however small that may be ) any time over a duplex flat..
feel free to disagree:cheers:
but again i am more of a farmhouse kind of guy..

Karachi seems a nice modern cosmopolitan city.

That was not the impression that one gets from all the news about the place and the activities of the MQM there.

There is a bit of a parallel with Mumbai and its Shiv Sena I guess.

BTW Sky scrappers look ery good in pics. But i dint know why i have always hated living in one..somehow i feel jailed in a flat in a tower..i choose individual house with a lawn (however small that may be ) any time over a duplex flat..

Me too! I would rather live in a mobile home surrounded by land and greenery if I am too poor than to live in a luxury penthouse. Earth is our mother. Concrete is too harsh.

I have to admit, after responding to margalla towers in 2005 i have a uneasy relationship with hi-rise buildings...

South Asian metropolitan areas should necessarily discourage individual houses and large real estate expansions. Our population densities demand that we live like Tokyo, not Dubai. Apartments should be encouraged using tax incentives.

I'm no apartment guy but seriously our urban upper middle classes are used to too much comfort. They have to squeeze in to compensate for a better city environment and learn to live tougher.

I have to admit, after responding to margalla towers in 2005 i have a uneasy relationship with hi-rise buildings...

Must have been a terrible day. Imagine the horror of the FDNY and emergency personnel at the WTC.

Back
Top Bottom