What's new

PIA record rise in revenue; up to 45%

the main problem is controlling of administrative expenses in govt run organizations,PIA management should divide its shares in to more smaller denominations ,it will make their shares cheaper and make it easy for small investors to buy and invest in PIA shares which will help PIA for raising more capital and less reliance on loans.In addition PIA should also List on foreign stock exchanges like they should go for IPO at shanghai stock exchange

Good post, but hard to make a blind man see.

I am blind but not dumb. You can see but skull is empty.

Have the guts to participate if you have some knowledge about subject matter or facts that we dont know. If not, shut up ! and dont get personal when i am not referring to you.

Last edited:
Depends on which side of the fence you're on from a ride share service perspective. Every business model has its flaws. PIA is running too fat because of the political hiring. It should go into lean startup mode.

Even Etihad is running in a loss:

The Abu Dhabi state-owned airline blamed challenging market conditions including higher fuel prices for a $1.28 billion loss in 2018, narrower than the $1.52 billion it lost in 2017.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...utive-loss-as-jobs-aircraft-cut-idUSKCN1QV17I

Going by this; with the brightest minds running Etihad and essentially catering to majority of the traffic in the nearby region and beyond; what makes you think PIA is gonna scale and make a profit?

I'd agree with you if you'd say shut the airline because there is no point in running it at a loss. We know the answer though to that one.

Funnily; on techcrunch today:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/09/13/c...up-the-magic-number-that-will-help-you-scale/

I'd rather be nice and say oblivious to the facts.

So what is the moral of the story ? You did not answer my previous question. What you are doing is trying to hide behind the back of others complaining that eitihad is in loss uber is in loss. So humari bhi khair hay:woot: . Who will improve the business model ? me?

The Abu Dhabi state-owned airline blamed challenging market conditions including higher fuel prices for a $1.28 billion loss in 2018, narrower than the $1.52 billion it lost in 2017. Revenue fell nearly 4 percent to $5.86 billion last year, compared with the $6.1 billion it reported for 2017. Operating Costs slashed by 416 million.

These statements are from the same article you shared. Open your eyes and read it carefully. The revenue decreased plus the loss also decreased , you can calculate the ratios. I asked the same question. Now keep comparing keh kahan kya howa. I am not going into anymore details and explanations because , either you are pretending to be naive or you are clueless about the subject matter and what i am talking about. Peace!

Last edited:
So what is the moral of the story ? You did not answer my previous question. What you are doing is trying to hide behind the back of others complaining that eitihad is in loss uber is in loss. So humari bhi khair hay:woot: . Who will improve the business model ? me?

The Abu Dhabi state-owned airline blamed challenging market conditions including higher fuel prices for a $1.28 billion loss in 2018, narrower than the $1.52 billion it lost in 2017. Revenue fell nearly 4 percent to $5.86 billion last year, compared with the $6.1 billion it reported for 2017. Operating Costs slashed by 416 million.

These statements are from the same article you shared. Open your eyes and read it carefully. The revenue decreased plus the loss also decreased , you can calculate the ratios. I asked the same question. Now keep comparing keh kahan kya howa. I am not going into anymore details and explanations because , either you are pretending to be naive or you are clueless about the subject matter and what i am talking about. Peace!

Han to bhai bnd kr do na. You really think we can compete with Etihad/Emirates/Qatar Airways? Shutting down PIA is the only solution because we don't have the money for it. Cutting costs won't cut it. The whole corporation has to be shut down. The state shouldn't be in the business of "running" business.

Back
Top Bottom