What's new

PIA plane crash near Model Colony Karachi with 93+ on board

Also correct me if I'm wrong bird strike can lead to engine fire but complete shutdown of the engine is unlikely, unless manually powered off
Deploying SQUIB would help extinguish the fire. Shutting it down depends on the extent of what the ECAM Warnings would display

2012: Passenger plane with 116 on board crashes near Rawalapindi. Bhoja Air.

2016: Junaid Jamshed wala small jet crash.

And 2010: Airblue crashed in Margalla, under suspicious circumstances thought to be shot by Pak Army Anti-Aircraft guns.

All inquiries need to be made public !!!!

You seriously have the audacity to bring what happened in past on to prove your point? That’s exactly what I’m trying to tell you, that was a different time period, give it sometimes & wait for the official reports.

Also correct me if I'm wrong bird strike can lead to engine fire but complete shutdown of the engine is unlikely, unless manually powered off
It is pointless to discuss this at the moment we simply don't know what happened but the possibility of bird strike is very less here as a cause for both engines to fail.

You seriously have the audacity to bring what happened in past on to prove your point? That’s exactly what I’m trying to tell you, that was a different time period, give it sometimes & wait for the official reports.

Nothings changed in past 10 years is my point here. why do u hope this time be any different?

What the hell idiot. I am not spreading fake news idiot. Asking about inquiries to be made public.
You are saying Margalla jet was due to anti air fire. Anyways my last reply to you considering what this thread is about. I'll tag mods and they should take whatever action is necessary @BHarwana @Moonlight

2012: Passenger plane with 116 on board crashes near Rawalapindi. Bhoja Air.

2016: Junaid Jamshed wala small jet crash.

And 2010: Airblue crashed in Margalla, under suspicious circumstances thought to be shot by Pak Army Anti-Aircraft guns.

All inquiries need to be made public !!!!

first time i am hearing that margralla plane was shit by army.. what heresy u speak of..

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon. I'm saddened by hear this news. :cry:

What the hell idiot. I am not spreading fake news idiot. Asking about inquiries to be made public.
My friend you are asking about inquiry in the middle of a rescue operation. Let us save people first and then you can come forward the agenda you want. Can you give us 24 hours to save human life if that is possible?

You are saying Margalla jet was due to anti air fire. Anyways my last reply to you considering what this thread is about. I'll tag mods and they should take whatever action is necessary @BHarwana @Moonlight

You can beg mods here. But you are first class idiot making claim 2 bird strikes on the PK8303 left and right engines. Totally nonsense claim.

Tell you what my uncle namely Afzal who serviced for 40 years in PiA and retired now, this pilot on PK 8303 was his student.

So what are the possible theories for what caused it so far?

Factors:

1. Landing gear
2. Fuel ran out
3. Belly landing
4. Several attempts to land
5. Black marks on bottom of engine
6. Dual engine failure
7. Hydraulic problems

Last edited:
This might be why the engines failed.

Landing gear issue. Pilot attempts belly landing. Aborts. While doing a go around for next attempt, engines give out from damage.

Absolutely NOT . Any attempted belly landing that even slightly scraped the engine cowlings would lead to an immediate catastrophic crash . There would be no recovery from such a incident.

It's highly unlikely that both engines suffer birds strike at the same time.
Both engines seem damaged
When that hero pilot ditched the plane in Hudson River, both engines failed due to bird strike.

See I am not saying it's definite, but it's a possibility.

So what are the possible theories for what caused it so far?

Factors:

1. Landing gear
2. Fuel ran out
3. Belly landing
4. Several attempts to land
5. Black marks on bottom of engine
For the belly landing, pilot has to ensure that the fuel is very low so that the plane doesn't explode upon touching the ground. There's a possibility that the pilot completely emptied the tanks.

Absolutely NOT . Any attempted belly landing that even slightly scraped the engine cowlings would lead to an immediate catastrophic crash . There would be no recovery from such a incident.
Depends. On an approach consistent with the glide path and provided all FCCs are functional in NORMAL mode, I'd say other than engine damage which could be reduced with the usage of pushing the ENG 1 and 2 FIRE pushbuttons, the aircraft may have belly landed on the runway. Pilots train for scenarios like this.

Back
Top Bottom