What's new

PIA plane crash near Model Colony Karachi with 93+ on board

i deeply regret some insensitive people posting nasty messages about such a tragedy. Human life is precious everywhere, and i value each one of it. Does not matter which country it belong to.
sorry guys this is not the time to celebrate but to mourn:(:(

Tragic. Landing gear problems, engine problems with a miscalculated decision to burn too much fuel. Missed approach followed by Go-around and after that it was just tragic. As someone who works on A320s, this saddens me a lot.

Are you sure there was a missed approach before the go-around as well?

As you said, this some does seem to have an element of crew overload, due to multiple issues coming in at the same time.

Would be interesting to know the fuel levels of the aircraft at departure and at time of incident. They should have enough reserve for one go around. Correct me if I am wrong, but the A320 does not have the ability to dump fuel, correct?

Granted that the fuel burn will be much higher with MLG or gear doors deployed (I have heard the figure of a 30 min depleting to 10 min in such a configuration), but looking at the pics, the doors do not appear to be deployed.

Bird strikes on both engines also do seem to be a probability...

Let's hope the investigation is done diligently.

i deeply regret some insensitive people posting nasty messages about such a tragedy. Human life is precious everywhere, and i value each one of it. Does not matter which country it belong to.
sorry guys this is not the time to celebrate but to mourn:(:(

Appreciate your comments, at least there is somebody from India who has to say something +ve on this tragic day. However, its also a bitter reality that many Indians do possess hatred and venom for Pakistani's.

PIA chief executive Air Vice Marshal Arshad Malik said the pilot had told traffic control that the plane was experiencing "technical difficulties".

Arshad Malik need to tell public of Pakistan, what had happend to Airbus A320.

Are you sure there was a missed approach before the go-around as well?

As you said, this some does seem to have an element of crew overload, due to multiple issues coming in at the same time.

Would be interesting to know the fuel levels of the aircraft at departure and at time of incident. They should have enough reserve for one go around. Correct me if I am wrong, but the A320 does not have the ability to dump fuel, correct?

Granted that the fuel burn will be much higher with MLG or gear doors deployed (I have heard the figure of a 30 min depleting to 10 min in such a configuration), but looking at the pics, the doors do not appear to be deployed.

Bird strikes on both engines also do seem to be a probability...

Let's hope the investigation is done diligently.
go around is standerd procedure, even several attempts.

Bird strikes ? ...( a large bird flock )both engines, very very low %

pilot was on final approach for emergency landing, probably belly landing

mayday call is 99% crash landing, meaning gross failure , multiple systems,

plane was on glide path..

glide path was just short of run way.......by 300/400 meters,

WHY DID BOTH ENGINES FAIL, DURING GLIDE PATH, IS THE MAIN MYSTERY

Allah bless the souls of all those who departed us in this tragic event. So close to Eid and this.
I shall pray intently for their families, Allah grant them patience and peace at this time.
What a sad day for Pakistanis everywhere.
There should be a detailed and thorough investigation.

Maybe its not.

But the bird strike incidents have increased in the past few years.

Regarding overlapping jurisdictions, they need to come up with something useful now to avoid incidents in future. It's not about this incident only, there's another disaster expected if corrective actions are not taken soon.
It's highly unlikely that both engines suffer birds strike at the same time.
Both engines seem damaged

Unexpected but a good news
7CE5B27B-38D9-4960-A1EC-B107E346A6A9.jpeg

PIA chief executive Air Vice Marshal Arshad Malik said the pilot had told traffic control that the plane was experiencing "technical difficulties".

My friend how can he tell the public without an air crash investigation? It is an jet plan crash not a robbery. There are protocols.

I think the fact that it hit buildings means there is a higher chance of survival than if it hit straight into ground, water, or mountain.

Also helps that it was populated area so ambulance can immediately take survivors to hospital without delay

we can wait...can’t we?

Back
Top Bottom