What's new

Photos: US Military And Pakistan Flood Relief

Thank You Solmon2 for sharing these ... !!!

I blv the US has came a long way in helping out Pakistan in time of Crisis. Its the only country which has raised the most outstanding efforts to help out the needy people of Pakistan.

GOD Bless USA :usflag:

Well its a fact, that in any disaster natural or financial America is the first country that steps in to help!!!! -- to any country on the planet!!

Thankyou America..:usflag:

hires_100818-M-3497D-688b.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Capt. Paul Duncan helps Pakistani civilians unload a CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter attached to the HM-165, 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit, during humanitarian relief efforts in the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan, Aug. 18, 2010. Duncan is assigned to the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit Public Affairs. U.S. Marine Corps photo by Capt. Paul Duncan

hires_100818-M-3497D-598b.jpg

Pakistani flood victims wait to board a U.S. Marine Corps CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter attached to the HM-165, 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit, during humanitarian relief efforts in the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan, Aug. 18, 2010. U.S. Marine Corps photo by Capt. Paul Duncan

hires_100817-M-3497D-166a.jpg

Pakistani flood victims await transportation aboard helicopters attached 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit, during humanitarian relief efforts in the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan, Aug. 17, 2010. U.S. Marine Corps photo by Capt. Paul Duncan

hires_100817-M-3497D-298a.jpg

Pakistani flood victims takes flight aboard U.S. Marine Corps CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter attached to the HM-165, 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit, during humanitarian relief efforts in the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan, Aug. 17, 2010. U.S. Marine Corps photo by Capt. Paul Duncan

Yeah , The US helps Pakistan a lot with natural disasters . But many Pakistani's are ungrateful , accuse them of everything

US has the most humane people..no doubt abt that look at the way they're helping Pakistan..am glad to know this will help to help some extent to ease pain & sufferings..btw whrz the all weather friend gone ?

By the way, the employment of medium-lift Sea Knight helicopters implies that a large priority of the U.S. mission is to evacuate refugees, rather than to deliver supplies. Sea Knights only carry a few tons, but they can transport thirty or so civilians at a time.

Solomon,

The problem that the U S has is that of marketing itself----if I was the director of relations between pak and U S ---I would market the u s and pakistani image in a different manner.

Whatever u s does for pakistan---it just disappears into thin air---and when pakistan does something---there is nobody to present its point of view to the public.

The problem that the U S has is that of marketing itself----if I was the director of relations between pak and U S ---I would market the u s and pakistani image in a different manner. Whatever u s does for pakistan---it just disappears into thin air --
I don't disagree that there is a marketing problem. I do wonder how making you director would help overcome the barriers of Pakistani illiteracy, yellow journalism, and religion-inspired bigotry.

---and when pakistan does something---there is nobody to present its point of view to the public.
The GoP does hire D.C. PR firms. I suggested some time ago that another switch may be in order.

hires_100817-M-3497D-969c.jpg

Pakistani women and children board a U.S. Marine CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter during humanitarian relief efforts for flood victims in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan, Aug. 17, 2010. The Marines are assigned to the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit. U.S. Marine Corps photo by Capt. Paul Duncan

hires_100818-N-3729D-014C.jpg

U.S. Marines embark a Marine Corps CH-46 Sea Knight aboard amphibious assault ship USS Peleliu in the north Arabian Sea, Aug. 18, 2010. The Marines and the helicopter will join the 11 other helicopters from Peleliu already on station in northern Pakistan. The Peleliu Amphibious Ready Group is supporting the Pakistani government with helicopter heavy lift capabilities in flooded regions of Pakistan. U.S. Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Andrew Dunlap

hires_100818-N-3729D-085c.jpg

U.S. Navy Rear Adm. Sinclair Harris, commander of the Expeditionary Strike Group Five, and William J. Martin, left, consul general, U.S. Consulate General in Karachi, Pakistan, conduct interviews with members of the Pakistani media aboard amphibious assault ship USS Peleliu in the North Araibian Sea, Aug. 18, 2010. The media embarked Peleliu to cover the platform responsible for providing helicopters to aid the Pakistani government with helicopter heavy lift capabilities in flooded regions of Pa U.S. Navy photo by Petty Officer 2nd Class Andrew Dunlap

hires_100818-N-3729D-056c.jpg

A Marine Corps CH-46 Sea Knight launches from the flight deck aboard amphibious assault ship USS Peleliu in the north Arabian Sea, Aug. 18, 2010. The Sea Knight will join 11 other helicopters from Peleliu already on station in northern Pakistan. The Peleliu Amphibious Ready Group is supporting the Pakistani government with helicopter heavy lift capabilities in flooded regions of Pakistan. U.S. Navy photo by Petty Officer 2nd Class Andrew Dunlap

U.S. Military Continues Pakistan Relief Efforts

By Jim Garamone
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Aug. 19, 2010 – U.S. forces continue to provide aid and aerial support to millions of Pakistanis hit hard by the monsoon floods, Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said here today.

Whitman reiterated that the United States is responding to requests from the Pakistani government. “We have provided everything that Pakistan has asked for and [that] they feel would be helpful in this operation,” he said.

In the last 24 hours, U.S. helicopters rescued another 187 people and delivered about another 50,000 pounds of relief supplies, Whitman said. Fifteen American helicopters from the USS Peleliu are operating in Pakistan. The Peleliu is in international waters off Pakistan.

Air Force C-130s were active, transporting a little more than 175,000 pounds of relief goods. The C-130s are based in Afghanistan and fly daily into Rawalpindi, Pakistan, where they pick up relief supplies and deliver them to Pakistani officials at various airports.

Local Pakistani officials are in charge of distributing the relief goods, Whitman said. The four areas that the aircraft supplied today were Sukkura, Jacocobad, Quetta and Multan.

Overall, since Aug. 5, U.S. helicopters have rescued almost 5,000 Pakistanis and delivered 634,000 pounds of relief supplies. Since they began operating Aug. 16, C-130s have transported about 269,000 pounds of supplies.

Whitman called the U.S. commitment to Pakistan robust and pegged the total contributions at about $96 million. But the operation is still in its early phases, he said.

“This operation is ongoing, and I suspect there will be additional assistance rendered,” Whitman said. The monsoon rains continue in Pakistan, and more than 20 million people are affected by the disaster. United Nations officials expect that the waters won’t begin to ebb until September.

More than 1,500 Pakistanis have died since the floods of the Indus River and its tributaries began July 29.

“These are things that have impact, not just for weeks or months, but for years – perhaps for decades,” Whitman said. “These are disasters that have impact well beyond alleviating the immediate suffering, and the immediate humanitarian assistance.”

The long-term effects cannot be known, he added, and may have an effect on the security situation in the country.

Last edited:
I do wonder how making you director would help overcome the barriers of Pakistani illiteracy, yellow journalism, and religion-inspired bigotry.
I wonder how Pakistan could resolve similar problems it faces in the US. Bias, bigotry, religious enmity; you name it and Pakistanis have encountered it in United States. You have entire news channels devoted to defaming and damning anything remotely Muslim or Pakistani, at least ours are reporting the good work your forces are doing during the floods.

One major difference between the US and Pakistan, despite the common problems we face in each others countries, is that we don't go around preaching to others. Your help is appreciated, but you can keep the diatribe to yourself.

^^^^
This is stuff for a good discussion but not right now, since the current priority is flood relief.

Back
Top Bottom