What's new

Photos | Pakistan Police, Rangers, Airport Security, FC, LEA, Rescue & Disaster Response Agencies.

2hmzy8w.jpg
I never understood this step up, carrying two pistols. I mean why would you need back up for your secondary weapon. Though i never seen this in the field in Pakistan but had the chance to see Some of brits doing same. Have a look at this pic

article-2136289-12CE0EDA000005DC-856_634x1206.jpg

All deputed to VIP duty... Such a lanat our culture is... :(

This is what i have been saying, these guys train hard, so much resources spent on them, and all they get to do is protect the big wigs. For 5 years i saw a hilux full of elite police personnel (4-5) outside ijaz ul haq home in rwp 24/7. The squad on his personal detail was different, this particular one was parked outside the house all the time, be it juma or eid, this pisses me off. They need to be put to better use :angry:

I never understood this step up, carrying two pistols. I mean why would you need back up for your secondary weapon. Though i never seen this in the field in Pakistan but had the chance to see Some of brits doing same. Have a look at this pic

it is not a backup more of a ease of access the placement on thigh and on chest r for two different reasons.remember pistol is the quickest reaction you can give in a situation thus the placement on thigh where your hand normally stays. the one on chest is for when your Primary weapon goes out of ammo and u have to react quickly at that time your hane is nearest to the chest placement and you can take your gun without moving your hand away from target.

Ease of access to put it simply, especially useful if you are in a vehicle where movement can be restricted by seat position, boy armour etc.

it is not a backup more of a ease of access the placement on thigh and on chest r for two different reasons.remember pistol is the quickest reaction you can give in a situation thus the placement on thigh where your hand normally stays. the one on chest is for when your Primary weapon goes out of ammo and u have to react quickly at that time your hane is nearest to the chest placement and you can take your gun without moving your hand away from target.

That would make sense, but i have seen personnel with single pistol with both placements, some like it on the chest/kevlar and some like it on the thigh, matter of preference. But two pistols does seems a bit odd.

The antique pic is of border rangers...they are still like this with a BP vest.

The pic you posted ia of FC I think.

Btw, the Ranger guy in Islamabad epiaode with the Dragunov was looking really bad @$$...I'll try and find a picture. Headset, helmet, dragon skin, knee and elbow pads etc.

The antique pic is of border rangers...they are still like this with a BP vest.

The pic you posted ia of FC I think.

Btw, the Ranger guy in Islamabad epiaode with the Dragunov was looking really bad @$$...I'll try and find a picture. Headset, helmet, dragon skin, knee and elbow pads etc.

I know the guys are FC.. lol my father commanded an FC militia for 2 damn years... as for rangers.. nah their uniforms have been "modified",kee n elbow pads,gloves and ballistic helmets have been issued etc..

Back
Top Bottom