What's new

Photos | Pakistan Police, Rangers, Airport Security, FC, LEA, Rescue & Disaster Response Agencies.

What about Grappling or Wingchun Boxing ? :what:

My legs are as good as useless....I can't remember the last time I used them in a fight - They end up throwing me completely off-balance so I've only ever used my fists ! :undecided:

Phir @RescueRanger Bhai - Kaun siiii Martial Arts do you recommend ? :what:

And the guy you recommended - How good is he ? I ask because I know around 2-3 dojos operating in Lahore where they claim to teach everything from something called Kyokushin Karate to MMA & what not - Naturally I've not been very impressed when I visited them ! :unsure:

Personal suggestion stick with KM, if you want grappling than ju jitsu, this is better for leas or security guys as used to restraint easily. However muai thai is good too.....better use of elbows and knews, if you have a huge built and have trouble jumping around than stick with ju jitsu....MMA is mix of BjJ,MT

Last edited by a moderator:
Personal suggestion stick with KM, if you want grappling than ju jitsu, this is better for leas or security guys as used to restraint easily. However muai thai is good too.....better use of elbows and knews, if you have a huge built and have trouble jumping around than stick with ju jitsu....MMA is mix of BjJ,MT

Sounds like me; I've got terrible eye to foot coordination, terrible reflexes, horrible stamina but truck loads of strength (due to power lifting), I can use my fists quite well because I used to occasionally box when I was young & I can take a lot of beating because thats how I learned to box - Was never quick...never had the stamina to through a combination of punches endlessly so I used to let the other person come in close, throw his punches & then give me a few openings to throw a hook or an upper-cut - Most of the time, against amateurs like myself, that worked quite well but the good boxers would jump around me in circles & rarely did I beat anyone of them.

Nope & Nope ! But I've gone to the Local Courts countless times for an affidavit of one thing or the other or have stood in the sweltering heat at the local Traffic Police Office to get a license - Didn't bribe my way in but instead stood the 3-4 hours it took to get it done.

Nahin nahin Niazi Bhai, I meant in reference to the 'training' part ! Naturally they wouldn't call me in case of a Natural Disaster without giving me some kind of prior training before - Do you know what the program structure of that usually is ?

For Cadre the training is lengthy but you can do the Basic Life Support Certificate course which is only 1 day and you get a nice little certificate to put in your cv:
Rescue-1122.jpg

With regards to the SD, go with KM it is a really nice balanced self defense system. There are other teachers in Pakistan who will teach KM, just google KM pakistan, i am sure will find find a couple in Lahore.

And to think you doubted who i was ;)

Now that you are satisfied, please may i request that you remove the name of my employer, as it poses a direct security risk to me and my employer.

Cheers!

@Tehmasib, so what do you do? A student in the Police Academy?

Last edited by a moderator:
And to think you doubted who i was ;)

Now that you are satisfied, please may i request that you remove the name of my employer, as it poses a direct security risk to me and my employer.

Cheers!
I have no doubt....I was curies when you say "" from my own collections" that's fine for me and if you see something wrong in my post please remove....in the end Ramzan Mubarik

O...baba jee ban gaye ho!

I proud that I served for my country....my son is in PMA...yar I am happy man

I have no doubt....I was curies when you say "" from my own collections" that's fine for me and if you see something wrong in my post please remove....in the end Ramzan Mubarik

I proud that I served for my country....my son is in PMA...yar I am happy man

Ramadan Mubarak sir, god bless you.

Back
Top Bottom