What's new

Photos | Pakistan Police, Rangers, Airport Security, FC, LEA, Rescue & Disaster Response Agencies.

20100124_33.jpg

0.jpg

female_pakistani_police_islamabad-other.jpg

Hehe... It's the kind of Gur that likes to go boom. ANFO to be exact.

Thanks for jogging my memory. Thought that looked a little familiar from about 15-20 yrs ago- something about IEDs and booby-trapped devices etc. Nasty business.
I'd prefer Gur anyday, ideally Khajoor ka Gur. Beats even Chocolates! :)

Thanks for jogging my memory. Thought that looked a little familiar from about 15-20 yrs ago- something about IEDs and booby-trapped devices etc. Nasty business.
I'd prefer Gur anyday, ideally Khajoor ka Gur. Beats even Chocolates! :)

You should try some of the famous mardan ka badami gur... Now that is some addictive stuff.

so ring road has different police why sir?

The lahore traffic police didnt had enough officers to control LRR, they only control lahore traffic, Shahbaz made another separate Unit for Ring Road, Their dress is different and they have cars like MW and well trained!

You should try some of the famous mardan ka badami gur... Now that is some addictive stuff.

May I trouble you a bit on information about this Gur. What is it exactly? How is it made? Where is it from (i'm guessing from a place called Mardan?)
Forgive me, i've a bit of a sweet tooth!

so ring road has different police why sir?

Sir, this is a topi drama by CM Punjab. All these 300 wardens are actually employed by City Traffic Office Lahore, but have been "leased" to LRRPF: Lahore Ring Road Police Force, until the police force which was formed to help with the congestion and traffic problem and Niazi Chowk in Lahore.

The LRRPF will work side by side with City Traffic Police, Lahore... :what:

The police force will fulfill a primary traffic enforcement role, and once the new topi drama police force recruits have completed training the 300 wardens and 1 SSP, 4 DSP and 10 Inspectors will return to their parent department.

May I trouble you a bit on information about this Gur. What is it exactly? How is it made? Where is it from (i'm guessing from a place called Mardan?)
Forgive me, i've a bit of a sweet tooth!

Sir no problem, slightly off topic but Mardan produces some quality sugar cane, and because of that its locals are very good makes of Gur. The Gur made in Mardan is very much similar to the Punjabi variety except that they do not add cinnamon or any spice, instead of adding spice in the gur, it is cooked as normal until molten then badam(almonds) are added without removing the skin. Other variants add Akhrot (Walnuts) and Sultanas.

All in all it is a splendid thing to have with some kawa.

Sir no problem, slightly off topic but Mardan produces some quality sugar cane, and because of that its locals are very good makes of Gur. The Gur made in Mardan is very much similar to the Punjabi variety except that they do not add cinnamon or any spice, instead of adding spice in the gur, it is cooked as normal until molten then badam(almonds) are added without removing the skin. Other variants add Akhrot (Walnuts) and Sultanas.

All in all it is a splendid thing to have with some kawa.

Thank you, Sir; for helping me out on that one. So that is one more item to add to my list of Good and Great things in Pakistan (and the list is not small). Hopefully I'll come some-time to sample it too.
Sorry for the off-topic digression. But IMHO, it was an eminently worthy reason.

Back
Top Bottom