What's new

PHOTOS: INS Vikramaditya

No Charlie; I'm just trying to work out how much GAS there is in you still. Apart from that you have shown nothing else yet.

Now coming back to your lament about rust. You said something about ship's being pieces of iron. Care to enlighten us what kind of iron that may be?

That would be AB/A grade steel.

MVV05.JPG

MVV06.JPG

MVV09.JPG

MVV13.jpg

MVV15.JPG

MVV17.JPG

OP.jpg

Livefist: India's Vikramaditya | Photos Vol. 1

That link is a spam. Of course deck is coated with special materials. The point is to make it look better and not so Rusty and old. It is really depressing to see. Especially when you consider, VK is going to be the flag ship of the IN.

Perception is more important than Reality. There is a 99.99% probability that VK will never see a war. Why not just spruce it up so that it brings hope and cheer and confidence rather than have an image that remind us its an old ship.
LoL, then we don't need this ship, should of imported models from Victoria's secrets.

First - time hearing high grade steel is rusting

Good. Now you don't have to be ignorant anymore. You are welcome. 
LoL, then we don't need this ship, should of imported models from Victoria's secrets.

If models from Victoria's secrets can inspire hope and confidence about our military capabilities, then it would have been a good idea.

Good. Now you don't have to be ignorant anymore. You are welcome. 

If models from Victoria's secrets can inspire hope and confidence about our military capabilities, then it would have been a good idea.
I'm done with you and your shanty requirements. You obviously are a picky perk, I on the other hand believe in carrying big stick while keeping my calm.

I'll tell you what can inspire hope and confidence in sane people - 45,000 tons of Indian firepower roaming the high seas. With a complement of supersonic migs.

If you are one of those people who get hope and confidence from superficial looks rather than superior firepower, that's not the navy's fault.

I'll tell you what can inspire hope and confidence in sane people - 45,000 tons of Indian firepower roaming the high seas. With a complement of supersonic migs.

If you are one of those people who get hope and confidence from superficial looks rather than superior firepower, that's not the navy's fault.

99% of the people in the world are those who get inspired by advertisement to buy products.

India is no exception. Indian Navy should have better sense when doing its photo op during commissioning. Calling me names is not going to change the nature of the world. You just need to see beyond your jingoism. 
I'm done with you and your shanty requirements. You obviously are a picky perk, I on the other hand believe in carrying big stick while keeping my calm.

So you agree that you need to Carry a BIG STICK :lol: ..........which is exactly what I said. Only to make sure the stick you carry is not mistaken for a twig.

99% of the people in the world are those who get inspired by advertisement to buy products.

India is no exception. Indian Navy should have better sense when doing its photo op during commissioning. Calling me names is not going to change the nature of the world. You just need to see beyond your jingoism.

I didn't call you a single name. Nor did I display any jingoism. These charges are as hollow as the point you are trying to peddle, that looks are more important than utility.

Calling it rust by looking into some pictures is not right. Decks are painted with special paint with very high coefficient of friction (µ), almost or more than (µ) of dry paper, made of special military grade epoxy anti slip coatings to withstand the impact of fighter jet landings.

I didn't call you a single name. Nor did I display any jingoism. These charges are as hollow as the point you are trying to peddle, that looks are more important than utility.

That is straw man argument and you know it. Shame. :disagree:

Why the hell does the flat top look so RUSTY. Why not give a proper coating of something to hide this and protect from further rusting.

Its not rust. Vikramditya was being tested in arctic conditions of Barents sea. There is a lot of snow and ice build up on the deck which has to be removed with deicing fluids/salts which makes the deck look shabby.

It should be fine in the tropical waters of the Indian Ocean and either case Vikramaditya was supposed to get a fresh coat of paint and a good scrub before the handover to the Indian Navy. So chill out.

Back
Top Bottom