What's new

PHOTOS: INS Vikramaditya

Not in the military. The ships are there to kill, not to model themselves. And BTW, there is no rust there.

Especially so in the Military. That is why the Rattlesnake have the 'Rattle' in the end of its tail and the cobra has its hood.

Its is better to look fierce and prevent a war, than be really strong, look weak and thus encourage your enemies to attack you.

This is a lesson India needed to learnt 60 years ago. Would have prevented Pakistan from sending terrorists into India and beheading our soldiers at the border.

And BTW I said "it looks RUSTY". I am pretty sure there must be rust there, after it is a piece of Iron floating in Salt water, but the idea is to cover it up and make it look deadly. And not let people think it would fall apart even before a war starts.

AC needs to look its part. That deadly image is half its strength. Just like the price of the dollar is hedged against the military might of the US. (its perceived might)

Last edited:
thanks for the pics. !!

the Russian are not very good at giving very good looks to the war machines...they usually look rough..see how their sukhois are pathetically painted .....now that should not raise any doubt on the quality of their machines.

Especially so in the Military. That is why the Rattlesnake have the 'Rattle' in the end of its tail and the cobra has its hood.

Its is better to look fierce and prevent a war, than be really strong, look weak and thus encourage your enemies to attack you.

This is a lesson India needed to learnt 60 years ago. Would have prevented Pakistan from sending terrorists into India and beheading our soldiers at the border.

And BTW I said "it looks RUSTY". I am pretty sure there must be rust there, after it is a piece of Iron floating in Salt water, but the idea is to cover it up and make it look deadly. And not let people think it would fall apart even before a war starts.

AC needs to look its part. That deadly image is half its strength. Just like the price of the dollar is hedged against the military might of the US.

Ok, we'll ask the navy to paint a huge lion or killer whale on the ship - that will prevent pakistan from sending terrorists into India or beheading our soldiers in future.

Also, if you are saying that "I am pretty sure there must be rust there, after it is a piece of Iron floating in Salt water", that is true of any other ship, right? (BTW it is mostly very high grade steel, not iron.)

Ok, we'll ask the navy to paint a huge lion or killer whale on the ship - that will prevent pakistan from sending terrorists into India or beheading our soldiers in future.

Also, if you are saying that "I am pretty sure there must be rust there, after it is a piece of Iron floating in Salt water", that is true of any other ship, right? (BTW it is mostly very high grade steel, not iron.)

LOL. you do that.

Better still would be to paint that deck before an photo op. Especially during its commissioning. Its pretty basic PR stuff.

Of course the rusting part is true for any other ship, which is why Ships are continuously painted all the time. That is part of naval maintenance. The more professional the navy the less rust it will have and will be visible to others. Professional navies set aside a considerable amount for maintenance.

LOL. you do that.

Better still would be to paint that deck before an photo op. Especially during its commissioning. Its pretty basic PR stuff.

Of course the rusting part is true for any other ship, which is why Ships are continuously painted all the time. That is part of naval maintenance. The more professional the navy the less rust it will have and will be visible to others. Professional navies set aside a considerable amount for maintenance.

And the IN has more expertise than anybody else in that regard - our current carrier is decades past its intended life, and is still battle worthy, thanks to our navy's dogged maintenance. Indeed, they probably set aside and spend mmore on maintainance than on procurement. The way they keep old helicopters flying is also a testament to that.

However, keeping the platforms useable ranks above making them merely look menacing.

Lioning is not a A/C.. its just a museum.

Thanks for the great pics. Indians now have have the MOST POWERFUL SHIP in WHOLE ASIA..:yahoo:

AC needs to look its part. That deadly image is half its strength. Just like the price of the dollar is hedged against the military might of the US. (its perceived might)

WOW what intelligent insights? How close have you come to a warship, or any other ship?

WOW what intelligent insights? How close have you come to a warship, or any other ship?

Close enough to install equipment. Good enough ?

Or do you need to be at least a ship's captain to decode what common sense tells you ? :lol: ............. ex defence personals is full of $hit and you sound like one of them. 
And the IN has more expertise than anybody else in that regard - our current carrier is decades past its intended life, and is still battle worthy, thanks to our navy's dogged maintenance. Indeed, they probably set aside and spend mmore on maintainance than on procurement. The way they keep old helicopters flying is also a testament to that.

However, keeping the platforms useable ranks above making them merely look menacing.

IN certainly does not have 'more expertise' than others. Still it is better to LOOK battle worthy than having to make repeated posts in a fourm to convince people otherwise.

That is the whole point of a photo op, is it not ?

Or do you need to be at least a ship's captain to decode what common sense tells you ? :lol: ............. ex defence personals is full of $hit and you sound like one of them. 

IN certainly does not have 'more expertise' than others. Still it is better to LOOK battle worthy than having to make repeated posts in a fourm to convince people otherwise.

That is the whole point of a photo op, is it not ?

You may notice that it is not the IN that is making repeated posts in any forum, it is me. And BTW you as well.

The fact that you had to start abusing ex defence personnel out of the blue destroys any credibility you may have had. Nobody believes it is more important to visually look better, than to actually be better.

Anyway, discussing this line is really pointless.

Not enough yet. What did you instal? Tell me more about it. Which Ship was it? Now don't let your credibility sag.
Let me see you (as its commonly said): Put your money where your mouth is.

As for me: One can always learn something new, dude.
And of course: One does not need to be a Hen to know how good an egg is, right?

You may notice that it is not the IN that is making repeated posts in any forum, it is me. And BTW you as well.

The fact that you had to start abusing ex defence personnel out of the blue destroys any credibility you may have had. Nobody believes it is more important to visually look better, than to actually be better.

Anyway, discussing this line is really pointless.

Doing better is a 'wish' which we hopefully never have to see. As I said, there is a 99.9 % probability that the AC will never take part in a war.

Looking better is a 'reality' which we see 99% of the time.

There is nothing to prove its is actually going to be better. IN is yet to operate it. Its wishful thinking. They are yet to land the first Mig on this ship. They are yet to loose their first aircraft on this ship due to bad landing. We will know how good it is, soon enough. 
Not enough yet. What did you instal? Tell me more about it. Which Ship was it? Now don't let your credibility sag.
Let me see you (as its commonly said): Put your money where your mouth is.

As for me: One can always learn something new, dude.
And of course: One does not need to be a Hen to know how good an egg is, right?

LOL. Seriously ? You want me to tell you this in a pak forum ? ...cluck cluck.

Buddy, these ships are made of a particular grade iron that can withstand salt water and dont catch rust so there is no way it is rusty. Second that thing that is looking rusty is a special coating for fighter operations like take off and landing.

LOL. Seriously ? You want me to tell you this in a pak forum ? ...cluck cluck.

Yeah seriously; you need to able to demonstrate whether you've "run out of GAS or not" because that is the only that has been apparent so far.

And why are you cluck-clucking now. Don't tell me that line I gave you: One does not need to be a Hen to know how good an egg is; drove you to do that? Funny !

Yeah seriously; you need to able to demonstrate whether you've "run out of GAS or not" because that is the only that has been apparent so far.

And why are you cluck-clucking now. Don't tell me that line I gave you: One does not need to be a Hen to know how good an egg is; drove you to do that? Funny !

'demonstrate' ? whatever for ? ...is this a job interview ? are you going to promote me ? ......... get real and pop some spinach.

...so you did get that joke.

'demonstrate' ? whatever for ? ...is this a job interview ? are you going to promote me ? ......... get real and pop some spinach.

...so you did get that joke.

No Charlie; I'm just trying to work out how much GAS there is in you still. Apart from that you have shown nothing else yet.

Now coming back to your lament about rust. You said something about ship's being pieces of iron. Care to enlighten us what kind of iron that may be?

Back
Top Bottom