What's new

Philippines Defence Forum

Philippine has the potential, you has been known as a major power in ASEAN back in 60 decades, your GDP is twice larger than Vietnam. The only thing you people need is a Revolution, mentally and structurally.

Not only mentally and structurally but also culturally - the reason for the restrictions on foreign investors lies on how we interpret our own history. For some reason, we just can't overcome hating what Spain did despite that what the Spanish did from the 16th century to the 19th century is basically what the local politicians and church has been doing. Even if we have an improved mentality and better structures, if that cultural inferiority doesn't disappear, then the development would be reversed. another aspect of culture we have to change is the "Bahala na" mentality which translates "Leave it to God or some deity" and mediocrity.

I just hope people here in the PH would also make changes culturally.

You sure have some money. You have a higher GDP than Pakistan yet you have poor defense. You need to topple your government and change the system.

You sure have some money. You have a higher GDP than Pakistan yet you have poor defense. You need to topple your government and change the system.

We could have, sadly many Filipinos still believe on the crap the local media controlled by the oligarchy here, brainwashed by the Aquino government.

Not only mentally and structurally but also culturally - the reason for the restrictions on foreign investors lies on how we interpret our own history. For some reason, we just can't overcome hating what Spain did despite that what the Spanish did from the 16th century to the 19th century is basically what the local politicians and church has been doing. Even if we have an improved mentality and better structures, if that cultural inferiority doesn't disappear, then the development would be reversed. another aspect of culture we have to change is the "Bahala na" mentality which translates "Leave it to God or some deity" and mediocrity.

I just hope people here in the PH would also make changes culturally.

The part of our outlook of foriegn investors in pair with our past i agree but sir revolution is not really need what we need new blood in politics but that alone is not enough we the people need to do our share but majority of people are not helping at all.

Will all due respect kabayan but i reject majority of our opnion just adding a friendly anti thesis sir nothing personal

The part of our outlook of foriegn investors in pair with our past i agree but sir revolution is not really need what we need new blood in politics but that alone is not enough we the people need to do our share but majority of people are not helping at all.

Will all due respect kabayan but i reject majority of our opnion just adding a friendly anti thesis sir nothing personal

The only alternative we have is the election, but with the current trend, I don't know if the people will vote for the right people; we had the chance to do so back in 2010 but something happened a year before that influenced people on who to vote.

I just hope nothing will happen in the coming months and in 2015 because if something happens before 2016 that involves blood, expect a revolution.

The only alternative we have is the election, but with the current trend, I don't know if the people will vote for the right people; we had the chance to do so back in 2010 but something happened a year before that influenced people on who to vote.

I just hope nothing will happen in the coming months and 2015 because if something happens before 2016 that involves blood, expect a revolution.

Losing our fate in democracy is like losing fate in change we are in the right derection but we need to make the change ourselves

Losing our fate in democracy is like losing fate in change we are in the right derection but we need to make the change ourselves

Well I can't say if what we have is a democracy - sure we were free from Marcos dictatorship which did improve the standings of the Philippines until 1980s but after the 1986 People Power, the old oligarch that Marcos installed (only to be replaced with his own) regained their influence in Philippine politics. Worse, many actors and actresses are planning to run for political positions, from City councilors to Senators.

True but not the whole truth because new people are running and actors and actress thing not all of them are bad but then again many fail to win anyway again never lose hope

No your not peace loving your just ask everyone if you believe in the bull its yours own so good luck second actions speaks louder than words no one believe that the current actions you guys are making is not at all peace and the So called PLA is not making things better your leaders alone are advocating war like it would help so those alone says a lot and evidence that you are not a peaceful country that and your country history of war is not helping too second we brough the US here to help defened us from you because you guys never negotiate you just intemidate and lie about trying to negotiate and dont tell me otherwise because that's just propaganda aka bull and other point negotiate what its ur EZZ our Exclusive Economic zone what is their to negotiate? the UNCLOS is clear on those matters and china delcared its theres and no one else over the whole sea which is a first in history no other country has done it only china does and negotiate means your willing to give compromise to any one china just said they own the whole sea so tell me were is compromise here? That sir is what negotiations means willing to compromise to benefit all so were is the comprimise? If your claiming the whole sea?

So you can say your propaganda but no one here believes you as we say here in the Philippines ang mali ay mali kahit baliktarin mo ang mondo mali pa rin (what is wrong is wrong even if you trun the world up side down its still wrong) so if you keep insisting on this no one is going to believe you because your country is not willing to real work things with other countries.
Our peaceful policy is back by evidence and result, not by threat of words.

True but not the whole truth because new people are running and actors and actress thing not all of them are bad but then again many fail to win anyway again never lose hope

The thing is that the "new people" in politics are related by blood (even as cousins and distant relatives) to current politicians who may have been sheltered when they were raised - Noynoy Aquino is one such case and he even have mental health issues and the paper should have been released around 2011 to early 2014 and not only recently.

Hell, we even have an "OJT senator" in the Senate, a senator who shamelessly plagiarizes speeches and threatens to ban the Internet, a 90-year old senator who should have been retired and a senator who likely sold us to China, these aside from the "traditional" corrupt Senators and Representathieves, some of which happen to be closeted-Communists.

If Pacquiao wins in 2016 as a Senator and KriSTD gets a political position, the whole Philippine government will become a joke in the international stage. Consider this, only the rich can advance in this country and has monopoly over power. Do you think that these politicians will remain here in the Philippines when SCO attacks the Philippines? Hell no! They will run to Uncle Sam's backyard like cowards while others will make cheesy statements then run like cowards and live in luxury while the common Filipino are being fed by the thousands to the Chinese war-machine.

Last edited:
Sir we can buy planes but we cant maintain or train or equip them our funds are too limited so we only have these methods to consider buy in small numbers but it takes time or lease to own them or just lease them so far we pick buying in limited numbers in terms of euipment and upgrading the rest remember we working on limted funds impose by congress (they the one setting budgets in government and apporves of it) but at less we improve our budget now we added 10 billion more to the modernization efforts but maintains the thrid place of the DND (which one of the highest budget in the whole national budget for 2015) but still its still short so we can buy but maintain and train and equip is a whole different story so we make due by buying small and setting budget to a already smaller budget and that's why we have Defense cooperation agreements with other countries to help fill the gap on the training part as example of making due of our limitation.

well sadly it will take time a long time

10579986_840065986003711_7315075863541576986_n.jpg

seriously Phil has politicians like this guy?

Politicians like these should do the nation a favor and commit hara kiri.
A las, I don't think Philippines knows what hara kiri is, does she?

Back
Top Bottom