What's new

Philippines Defence Forum

any possible plan for AFP to aquire MBT's? maybe seconhand T-55/T-72 are quite cheap, maybe less than a million dollar and i think USA wont have problem with few tanks for AFP

There are no plans to acquire MBTs for the PH Army because of some reason involving Philippine terrain which is just full of BS as wheeled vehicles are worse in muddy terrain. The only alternative to MBTs are either the Swedish CV90120-T or Polish PL-01 Light tank. I am not counting M113s with 76mm gun or even 90mm gun as these type of gun is not enough to fight MBTs head on.

There are no plans to acquire MBTs for the PH Army because of some reason involving Philippine terrain which is just full of BS as wheeled vehicles are worse in muddy terrain. The only alternative to MBTs are either the Swedish CV90120-T or Polish PL-01 Light tank. I am not counting M113s with 76mm gun or even 90mm gun as these type of gun is not enough to fight MBTs head on.

yes those bullshit is prevailing too in Indonesia, talking about Indonesia terrain doesn't suit for MBT operations. I think Philippine can afford to operate some MBT battalion (maybe T-72 series or Leo 2's) they are quite a deterrence and booster morale for your army when fighting against insurgents.

yes those bullshit is prevailing too in Indonesia, talking about Indonesia terrain doesn't suit for MBT operations. I think Philippine can afford to operate some MBT battalion (maybe T-72 series or Leo 2's) they are quite a deterrence and booster morale for your army when fighting against insurgents.

I guess T-72 derivatives would be better like the Polish PT-91 "Twardy" or Ukranian T-84 "Oplot" though the Leopard 2 is a bit expensive and I am not expecting from the Americans as they might likely offer the oldest variants of M60 Pattons; those M113s we acquired are second-hand American M113s that are in storage, another "hands-me-down" weapon system.

Ya sure lets see making military bases is one using force is two and threating war with almost all of your niegbours is three so ya suck it and last that statement of yours is just full of bs arrogance and your asking me why? how arrogant you are
Making military base to defend ourselves mean we are threatten others? You know what is real threat? It is you bringing the US into the picture and allow them to base their military to target us. That is a threat! We are a reactionary force. You provoke us first, so we respond. It is that simple.

I am not kidding when I said we are the most peaceful loving country on earth. With our size and power, you would think we should be more aggressive to defend ourselves but we are not. Only 1% of GDP spent on military, the lowest of all P5. In fact, some of the lowest in the world. We are very nice to our neighbors. If this is the US or India, they annex first and then offer you the left over to negotiate.

Philippines will have to spend a lot more in billions USD but at the same time keep it tranparents from corruption as it is full of it in armed forces sadly

after theFA50 PH will have to look for long range plane which can be deployed near spartly island
F18 F15 expensive but will do the trick
for normal use buy the F16 cd version or Jas39 Gripen which is excellent for the PH

Philippines will have to spend a lot more in billions USD but at the same time keep it tranparents from corruption as it is full of it in armed forces sadly

after theFA50 PH will have to look for long range plane which can be deployed near spartly island
F18 F15 expensive but will do the trick
for normal use buy the F16 cd version or Jas39 Gripen which is excellent for the PH

JAS 39 Gripen would be better as it would be brand new unlike F-15s, F-16s and F/A-18s which are likely the older models (F-16A, F-15A, F/A-18A) and are re-furbished. We should also consider the Rafale fighter because of the same reason as the Gripen.

I just hope that the government will be transparent enough as many netizens here in the Philippines are pushing for the "Freedom of Information" bill.

Also, I wonder, is there a way to separate the economic "updates" from this topic?

any possible plan for AFP to aquire MBT's? maybe seconhand T-55/T-72 are quite cheap, maybe less than a million dollar and i think USA wont have problem with few tanks for AFP

Yes but its still on Phase three of the modernization plan according to the DND (Department of National Defense) the Philippines is on Capability upgrade going to full blown Modernization so currently we are rebuilding our current and old capabilities like upgrading equipments, replacing iteams, training, etc while buying new assets like the Ships we are buying in your country for PN (Philippine Navy) SSV Project and the MACPACS and the Frigate Project and the PAF LIFT and New COIN aircraft program so we are still studying the possibility of MBT but most in the DND and AFP does not like the Idea of MBT since we are country of Islands but the Idea is still being studied right now its just upgrade to credible defense

Yes but its still on Phase three of the modernization plan according to the DND (Department of National Defense) the Philippines is on Capability upgrade going to full blown Modernization so currently we are rebuilding our current and old capabilities like upgrading equipments, replacing iteams, training, etc while buying new assets like the Ships we are buying in your country for PN (Philippine Navy) SSV Project and the MACPACS and the Frigate Project and the PAF LIFT and New COIN aircraft program so we are still studying the possibility of MBT but most in the DND and AFP does not like the Idea of MBT since we are country of Islands but the Idea is still being studied right now its just upgrade to credible defense

I remember reading somewhere that the new COIN aircraft was supposed to be procured from Brazil, specifically the Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano, any news from it? I only keep hearing and reading the FA-50 from South Korea.

Making military base to defend ourselves mean we are threatten others? You know what is real threat? It is you bringing the US into the picture and allow them to base their military to target us. That is a threat! We are a reactionary force. You provoke us first, so we respond. It is that simple.

I am not kidding when I said we are the most peaceful loving country on earth. With our size and power, you would think we should be more aggressive to defend ourselves but we are not. Only 1% of GDP spent on military, the lowest of all P5. In fact, some of the lowest in the world. We are very nice to our neighbors. If this is the US or India, they annex first and then offer you the left over to negotiate.

No your not peace loving your just ask everyone if you believe in the bull its yours own so good luck second actions speaks louder than words no one believe that the current actions you guys are making is not at all peace and the So called PLA is not making things better your leaders alone are advocating war like it would help so those alone says a lot and evidence that you are not a peaceful country that and your country history of war is not helping too second we brough the US here to help defened us from you because you guys never negotiate you just intemidate and lie about trying to negotiate and dont tell me otherwise because that's just propaganda aka bull and other point negotiate what its ur EZZ our Exclusive Economic zone what is their to negotiate? the UNCLOS is clear on those matters and china delcared its theres and no one else over the whole sea which is a first in history no other country has done it only china does and negotiate means your willing to give compromise to any one china just said they own the whole sea so tell me were is compromise here? That sir is what negotiations means willing to compromise to benefit all so were is the comprimise? If your claiming the whole sea?

So you can say your propaganda but no one here believes you as we say here in the Philippines ang mali ay mali kahit baliktarin mo ang mondo mali pa rin (what is wrong is wrong even if you trun the world up side down its still wrong) so if you keep insisting on this no one is going to believe you because your country is not willing to real work things with other countries.

I remember reading somewhere that the new COIN aircraft was supposed to be procured from Brazil, specifically the Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano, any news from it? I only keep hearing and reading the FA-50 from South Korea.

On the Super Tucano no formal news about it but its one of the top contenders but the FA 50 is already pick as the PAF new LIFT figther we now studying and preparing the bidding for the figther planes while the Gripen is the top chioce for many Pilots and DND officials but no word has been given yet as of now

Last edited:
there is a lot people who will say PH dont have moeny that is a big lie to buy expensive aircraft
as i was saying F18 F15 the model i am talking abt are not the old one they will be the latest spec including the F16
Rafael i am not sure because it is expesnive and many countries turn it down
better to go for the Jasgripen and F16 cd 50 52
but if u want in for the coastal line then best twin engine

there is a lot people who will say PH dont have moeny that is a big lie to buy expensive aircraft
as i was saying F18 F15 the model i am talking abt are not the old one they will be the latest spec including the F16

Sir we can buy planes but we cant maintain or train or equip them our funds are too limited so we only have these methods to consider buy in small numbers but it takes time or lease to own them or just lease them so far we pick buying in limited numbers in terms of euipment and upgrading the rest remember we working on limted funds impose by congress (they the one setting budgets in government and apporves of it) but at less we improve our budget now we added 10 billion more to the modernization efforts but maintains the thrid place of the DND (which one of the highest budget in the whole national budget for 2015) but still its still short so we can buy but maintain and train and equip is a whole different story so we make due by buying small and setting budget to a already smaller budget and that's why we have Defense cooperation agreements with other countries to help fill the gap on the training part as example of making due of our limitation.

We do have money, sadly it is in the pockets of generals and admirals. I did read in blogs about PH military that the F/A-18 was considered aside from F-16. Between the two, the F/A-18 is a better option than the F-16.

Sir we can buy planes but we cant maintain or train or equip them our funds are too limited so we only have these methods to consider buy in small numbers but it takes time or lease to own them or just lease them so far we pick buying in limited numbers in terms of euipment and upgrading the rest remember we working on limted funds impose by congress (they the one setting budgets in government and apporves of it) but at less we improve our budget now we added 10 billion more to the modernization efforts but maintains the thrid place of the DND (which one of the highest budget in the whole national budget for 2015) but still its still short so we can buy but maintain and train and equip is a whole different story so we make due by buying small and setting budget to a already smaller budget and that's why we have Defense cooperation agreements with other countries to help fill the gap on the training part as example of making due of our limitation.

Philippine has the potential, you has been known as a major power in ASEAN back in 60 decades, your GDP is twice larger than Vietnam. The only thing you people need is a Revolution, mentally and structurally.

Sir excuse me but that wrong one we need to build what we lose two we to build infracture and support system like better utilities and service and lower our taxes to encourage more investors (again no more chinese please) to the Philippines.

Back
Top Bottom