What's new

Philippines Defence Forum

@Nihonjin1051 no need to made this thread a sticky, we will rarely heard their military modernization programme

Most funds for military modernization ends up in the pockets of generals and some admirals here while the current funds we have for modernization are of dubious origins... though one theory that Filipino netizens have as to why the sudden acquisition of weapons other than because of the China in the West Philippine Sea/South China Sea/Whatever-name-Sea is that it is a way to silently put-down any coup attempts against Aquino specially due to current issues of about the usage of national funds.

Most funds for military modernization ends up in the pockets of generals and some admirals here while the current funds we have for modernization are of dubious origins... though one theory that Filipino netizens have as to why the sudden acquisition of weapons other than because of the China in the West Philippine Sea/South China Sea/Whatever-name-Sea is that it is a way to silently put-down any coup attempts against Aquino specially due to current issues of about the usage of national funds.

Once upon a time, in South East Asia we always heard and maybe reading in some old book sections about the three power house in military matter. They are Philippine, Thailand and Indonesia. The Philippine armed forces is powerful enough, they have hundreds modern fighter, dozens of fighter bomber, dozens of capable warships and potent cadre and logistic support in which their industrial base in homeland giving the armed forces sufficient funds and support for their wartime operation. Surely there is something wrong when we see the sorry state of PAF today.

I would love to see the potent and modern PAF in future, there is a lot of thing must to do. And just like what i said before something about Reformation or even people revolution. There is something wrong about your democracy

Once upon a time, in South East Asia we always heard and maybe reading in some old book sections about the three power house in military matter. They are Philippine, Thailand and Indonesia. The Philippine armed forces is powerful enough, they have hundreds modern fighter, dozens of fighter bomber, dozens of capable warships and potent cadre and logistic support in which their industrial base in homeland giving the armed forces sufficient funds and support for their wartime operation. Surely there is something wrong when we see the sorry state of PAF today.

I would love to see the potent and modern PAF in future, there is a lot of thing must to do. And just like what i said before something about Reformation or even people revolution. There is something wrong about your democracy

just wondering can I also use the argument some like to use with China on Mao and the other country, how since Mao never apologized why should they.

Well, we did almost nothing that resulted in anything even remotely major or affected the Philippines in any meaningfully negative way, but if what you say is true, the Filipino government screwed their people far more than we have or will do in the future.

Well one of the main reasons why the Philippine military is said to be one of the most well-equipped in South-east Asia is because of the presence of the US military and that other reason is a much more stable economy. Then came the 1980s political turmoil which was worsened by the so-called People Power Revolution in 1986 and the failure of the successor of the Marcos Administration, the first Aquino administration. The 1990s would have made some economic reforms as well as a plan to modernize the military but the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis came, followed by the Abu Sayyaf threat and eventually the Second People Power in 2001. From then on, the economic situation of the Philippines is like a see-saw while the military modenization program halted or slowed down. Reliance in the remittances of the Overseas Filipino Workers have become the norm but it is a very risky policy that should be changed immediately.

The problem with "Philippine democracy" lies in the Filipino-interpretation of "Democracy:" they equal it to something similar to anarchy with some equal Democracy to a movement which only returned the old oligarchy back to power and lastly, the idea of Democracy being free from any foreign power and local dictators. In fact, our government is no longer a democracy but a hybrid of oligarchy and plutocracy and I am not sure if there is this term of "Showbiztocracy."

Well the only update on the PH Air Force is that it bought eight new Augusta-Westland AW109s and twelve KAI FA-50 which will arrive around late-2014 to 2016.

Well one of the main reasons why the Philippine military is said to be one of the most well-equipped in South-east Asia is because of the presence of the US military and that other reason is a much more stable economy. Then came the 1980s political turmoil which was worsened by the so-called People Power Revolution in 1986 and the failure of the successor of the Marcos Administration, the first Aquino administration. The 1990s would have made some economic reforms as well as a plan to modernize the military but the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis came, followed by the Abu Sayyaf threat and eventually the Second People Power in 2001. From then on, the economic situation of the Philippines is like a see-saw while the military modenization program halted or slowed down. Reliance in the remittances of the Overseas Filipino Workers have become the norm but it is a very risky policy that should be changed immediately.

The problem with "Philippine democracy" lies in the Filipino-interpretation of "Democracy:" they equal it to something similar to anarchy with some equal Democracy to a movement which only returned the old oligarchy back to power and lastly, the idea of Democracy being free from any foreign power and local dictators. In fact, our government is no longer a democracy but a hybrid of oligarchy and plutocracy and I am not sure if there is this term of "Showbiztocracy."

Well the only update on the PH Air Force is that it bought eight new Augusta-Westland AW109s and twelve KAI FA-50 which will arrive around late-2014 to 2016.

there is some Sokol helos, 21 secondhand UH-1 Huey, 3CN-295, 3CN-212, 114 M-113 ex US army and two Gregorio de Pillar in the list of assigned contract and yet 2 SSV makassar class.

Also, don't forget the 12 F-50 Eagles that will be coming from South Korea.

there is some Sokol helos, 21 secondhand UH-1 Huey, 3CN-295, 3CN-212, 114 M-113 ex US army and two Gregorio de Pillar in the list of assigned contract and yet 2 SSV makassar class.

Aside from the 114 M-113 APCs, there are 10 M-113 with 76mm gun taken from Scorpions CVR-T and 10 M-113s with a remote-operated 25mm autocannon although these are only for combating insurgents and not enough to take let's say ZBD-05s and ZLT-05s and I am not sure on how effective Airtronic RPG-7s against modern armor like the Type 96G and Type 99A; something must complement the RPG-7 like Carl Gustaf M3 or Mk. 153 SMAW.

Also, don't forget the 12 F-50 Eagles that will be coming from South Korea.

We should also consider the JAS 39 Gripen because if we rely on the US, the chances are we are going to get F-16A, an older version of the F-16.

Last edited:
lol dont play secret with US, otherwise you'll ended up embargoed and sanctationed and it will make ur country far worse than now

It just shows our heart and generosity even to an enemy.

Threat of what? How can we be a threat when we have not involved in a war for over 30 years? LOL You think a couple aircraft you bought is going to scare us from defending our position in South China Sea?

Ya sure lets see making military bases is one using force is two and threating war with almost all of your niegbours is three so ya suck it and last that statement of yours is just full of bs arrogance and your asking me why? how arrogant you are

lol dont play secret with US, otherwise you'll ended up embargoed and sanctationed and it will make ur country far worse than now

Well I doubt we can enrich anything even in secret, that nuke plant has been mothballed for nearly 30 years.

Any news about Gripen for philippines? i heard philippines considering gripen for their multirole fighter?

any possible plan for AFP to aquire MBT's? maybe seconhand T-55/T-72 are quite cheap, maybe less than a million dollar and i think USA wont have problem with few tanks for AFP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom