What's new

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte calls Barack Obama 'son of a wh*re'

Wrong wrong wrong! LOL People cheer for Dutere for his honesty, pragmatic, and a true person who speak what his heart desires. The same reason many cheer for Trump, including myself LOL.

Both Trump and Duterte might be villains.

But they are good villains; the sort of guys you see in movies whom you like them to eventually win over the fake good guys.

As I said, insult is a political tool; if used sparingly, it may be effective.

Personal traits/charisma are important in bilateral/multilateral talks.

Now imagine Duterte and Obama meeting in private. Obama would probably be dominated.

A Duterte-Trump meeting would certainly be explosive, with both sides fuming in anger.

To be goal oriented; that's the key.

That's what you should learn from the entire diplomacy history of the US -- well, up until the 2000s. Ever since, US has no diplomacy.

This guy needs a psychiatric. Before then I'm enjoying his funny comments. I just pity Filipinos having a had of state who acts like he has mental problems.

Still better than Blair. :partay:

Trump vs Duterte will be as anticipated as Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

I don't think even Trump can handle Duterte.

People are saying Duterte is the 'Trump of the East'. But Trump could be the 'Duterte of the West' since Duterte is already president.

:disagree:

Last edited:

But they are good villains; the sort of guys you see in movies whom you like them to eventually win over the fake good guys.

Now imagine Duterte and Obama meeting in private. Obama would probably be dominated.

A Duterte-Trump meeting would certainly be explosive, with both sides fuming in anger.

That's what you should learn from the entire diplomacy history of the US (well, up until the 2000s). Ever since, US has no diplomacy.

Duterte is one of the good guys.

Ahahahahah...... RFLMAO.:rofl:
This guy makes me laugh. I like him for that.
First he said if China Invades Philippines islands, he and every Filipinos will fight the Chinese to their last blood. :lol:. Chinese members here were rightfully making fun of his comment and telling him off. Lol
Now he has been having a go with the U.N and Obama. Son of a whore. Not even Kim Jung Un is this stupid/db and emotional to the point of using such words. :cheesy:
Can't blame him though. He comes from an uneducated/illiterate background. Such words are common in the streets/ghetto. Lol
I'm not surprised though, what do you expect from an illiterate who recently said he wanted to be the first to rape a catholic nun before she was murdered(she was gang raped and murdered by a gang), since she looked so beautiful.:woot:
This guy needs a psychiatric. Before then I'm enjoying his funny comments. I just pity Filipinos having a had of state who acts like he has mental problems. :omghaha:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...joking-rape-murder-Australian-Missionary.html

That's what you should learn from the entire diplomacy history of the US -- well, up until the 2000s. Ever since, US has no diplomacy.

No, using such words is uncalled for, especially publicly. So you men since your illustrious president Xi jinping 'unfortunately' never uses such words publicly, that means he is not charismatic enough and will be dominated by someone like trump if he ever becomes ppresident right? Lol
I can't believe some of you people support such silly statements just because it's aimed at a western country. If he said this to your president or Russian president etc I'm sure all of you here will be cursing him and the Philippines with all sorts of words by now. :lol:

We cheer for him because he doesn't care about trivial thing such as class...
See the recent posts by your fellow Chinese about Obama's parentage ? Do you really believe what you said ?

Locked for checking, no posting for the mean time.

Edit: Thread cleaned, now re-open, no more disrespectful posts directed at family members/background of Obama or Duterte. Watch your language, thanks!

Last edited:
No, using such words is uncalled for, especially publicly. So you men since your illustrious president Xi jinping 'unfortunately' never uses such words publicly, that means he is not charismatic enough and will be dominated by someone like trump if he ever becomes ppresident right? Lol

Uncalledfor according to what standards?

There are various ways to dominate someone at official position. Diplomatic insult is one of them, one likes it or not. We are not talking about morality here. We are talking whether it works or not. It would be the last thing, after all, to hear morality from someone hailing from the Great Britain, right? LOL.

Keeping a country in debt is another way of domination in bilateral meetings.

Military prowess yet another means.

US employs them as much as it can afford.

Now, how much means does Mr. Duterte have against the US? Naturally, less than China does.

One needs to be realistic. If the insult helps Mr. Duterte in achieving concrete results, it is a good strategy. To evaluate this is obviously not up to us as we cannot know the details.

I can't believe some of you people support such silly statements just because it's aimed at a western country. If he said this to your president or Russian president etc I'm sure all of you here will be cursing him and the Philippines with all sorts of words by now.

You are making assumptions and laughing at your own assumptions. You are also using ages-old Western blogger/journalist tactic of brushing an entire group of people under a single prejudicial argument.

If China or Russia interfered in his own domestic business disrespectfully, that would deserve a similar treatment and I would gracefully agree about the practicality of it if it helped PH achieve desired goals.

But, even at the height of our territorial dispute, we maintained our strict non-interference; keeping ourselves from the political life of the Philippines.

Your Western way, on the other hand, is totally disrespectful, attempt at dominating and dictating. Of course, you will receive a different language than Duterte would use against China with regard to territorial dispute.

I give credit to Mr. Duterte as he upholds the principle of non-interference. I do not care who stands at the receiving end.

For me, sovereignty is highest political virtue.

Last edited:
After cursing Obama, Duterte expresses regret

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/05/politics/philippines-president-rodrigo-duterte-barack-obama/

Philippines scrambles to soothe tensions after insult to Obama

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-obama-philippines-idUSKCN11B2C0

Philippines President Says He Regrets “Son Of A Whore” Remark After Obama Cancels Meeting

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/...son-of-a-whore?utm_term=.kraGemX0l#.lxnMO2nLK
Here is what Duterte and the PDF Chinese do not understand.

If we are NOT talking about a dictatorship, a country's leader can only act from his country's legislative directives. In other words, he can only act from force of law, not from his own personality. From those laws, the executor formulates policies to satisfy what the legislators (lawmakers) demanded and expected results. The leader maybe enthusiastic about those laws because they fit his ideological and political views, but assuming he is law abiding, regardless of his views, he can only act according to the country's laws.

So when Obama criticized Duterte's policies regarding the Philippines' version of the American 'War On Drugs', Obama was actually criticizing the Philippines' ways of allowing Duterte the latitudes that do not exists in the US and other Western countries. There was nothing personal about Duterte. Saner heads than Duterte may have prevailed since Obama cancelled his meeting with Duterte.

The PDF Chinese cheered on Duterte because making personal attacks fits within their personalities. They see nothing wrong with ignoring discussions about policies and political differences and going straight for the person's character.

Uncalledfor according to what standards?

There are various ways to dominate someone at official position. Diplomatic insult is one of them, one likes it or not. We are not talking about morality here. We are talking whether it works or not. It would be the last thing, after all, to hear morality from someone hailing from the Great Britain, right? LOL.

Keeping a country in debt is another way of domination in bilateral meetings.

Military prowess yet another means.

US employs them as much as it can afford.

Now, how much means does Mr. Duterte have against the US? Naturally, less than China does.

One needs to be realistic. If the insult helps Mr. Duterte in achieving concrete results, it is a good strategy. To evaluate this is obviously not up to us as we cannot know the details.

You are making assumptions and laughing at your own assumptions. You are also using ages-old Western blogger/journalist tactic of brushing an entire group of people under a single prejudicial argument.

If China or Russia interfered in his own domestic business disrespectfully, that would deserve a similar treatment and I would gracefully agree about the practicality of it if it helped PH achieve desired goals.

But, even at the height of our territorial dispute, we maintained our strict non-interference; keeping ourselves from the political life of the Philippines.

Your Western way, on the other hand, is totally disrespectful, attempt at dominating and dictating. Of course, you will receive a different language than Duterte would use against China with regard to territorial dispute.

I give credit to Mr. Duterte as he upholds the principle of non-interference. I do not care who stands at the receiving end.

For me, sovereignty is highest political virtue.

Nailed it.

Since Duterte calls out Obama's mother, you guys should search for Ann Dunham.

Lots of interesting pictures. :azn:

:lol: Seriously...? People are acting like they believe every picture/story on the internet. I didn't think there were people here that naive , it's 2016 for heaven sake. Thought people would have wised up by now.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom