What's new

Philippine Air Force in Bad Shape: Spokesman (Can India Help)

no country wants Tejas MK1 bro IAF only wants it because it will replace some ancient 40 year old MiG-21's that our grand daddy's flew in 1965 and 1971 thus reducing the crash rate and having a better maintenance on fighters

That's your personal opinion, but not a real argument! Rafale, EF and even the F35 are/will replace very old fighters that are currently operated in their air forces, so by your logic, nobody would want them too right?
More importantly the Philippine Air Force has no real fighter at the moment, their F5s were retired some years ago and in the meantime single engine light weight fighters comparable to the LCA were considered. LCA MK1 would offer them a cheap and cost-effective multi role fighter, that could be used in air defence, CAS and anti ship roles, which is pretty much what they would need. Also since there the IAF order of MK1 is rather small and the first flight of MK2 is expected only by 2014, HAL would even have vacancies in the production line, that could be filled with MK1 export orders and in the Philippine case.
However, since there is no real request yet and the discussion is rather theoretical, I would say they might go for F16s, or Gripens, not to forget that the main problem might be there financial problems. LCA MK2 is a very long shot and might not be interesting for them anymore when it's available, while LCA MK1 could come at the right time and for lower costs too.

Have they asked India for assistance ?

Nope. They didn't. However they never asked your intervention in airforce then why you are ready with JF-17? Search this thread and you will see.

Philippine air force admits no fighters until 2011

Having the distinction of being America's only proper former colony (not including Iraq) they have had had US bases on their soil through out history.... That is one reason why they may have not invested in their air force

Agreed. They are pro US. They also want to maintain a healthy relationship with US. However, we can offer them our help. If they accept it provide them with some equipment, I don't think if US will object it. With current scenario US wants to have many strong military nation around China to control its aggression. Good for India, they can ask for help later.

:sniper:

Too many fanciful notion of friends there and friends here. Useless chatter unless India is in an actual position to offer these countries something.

Tech? no
Infrastructure? no
Weapons? no
Reciprocal interest in India's sphere of influence? no
Security guarantee? no
Leverage against China for the Philippines? no

The Philippines would be better off, doing the balancing act between China and the US that it is doing now.

Incredible India could give its Mig 21's. It would kill 2 birds with one stone. help phiils and save Indian pilots lives

One good option....

Sell them Brahmos..

I keep hearing this. "We could sell them the Brahmos!" Why would anyone go through the trouble of buying an Indian P-800 variant when the Russians are marketing the same product. I have yet to figure out why the Bramhos would be better per unit-cost than the P-800 and has the Russians allowed export given their input in the Brahmos.

We heard Indians say the samething about selling the Brahmos to the Vietnamese, then the Vietnamese just went ahead and bought the P-800 from Russia.

Addendum, Indonesia is also a P-800 user, so it seems the P-800 is a popular choice in SEA.

Just prove that P-800 equal to Brahmos. Instead of writing things that can't be backed by credible source, it is interesting to see judgement on everything.

Tech? no
Infrastructure? no
Weapons? no
Security guarantee? no

Too many fanciful notion of friends there and friends here. Useless chatter unless India is in an actual position to offer these countries something.

Tech? no
Infrastructure? no
Weapons? no
Security guarantee? no

The Philippines would be better off, doing the balancing act between China and the US that it is doing now.

Agreed. However, I do have a different question for you. It entirety depends if you want to answer it.

How does it feel if some one helping your enemy in front of your eyes?

I ask above question is because as soon as we started talking about a nation next to China you jumped in here with expert opinion.

On topic, to answer you question

Tech? no -> I agree that we are not at par with your country. However, we are making a good progress in this area. We are try to develop or we already have prototype of defense equipment. To name few which are recently inducted into our armed forces are 1. Akash Missiles 2. Nag (ATGM) 3. UAV's like Lakshya, Nishant and we had flown our own Rustom 1.

Here you will ask that you people take lot of time, I will answer you question in advance. We are not copying anybody's technology and calling it ours or making a duplicate copy with a different name(I don't mean to show you or your mother land down). However, that is the fact now Russian's are not giving you anything. We are failing and taking time because we are doing everything from scratch something we can call it our own.

Infrastructure? no -> I seriously think you should come and visit India some time. Your country men want to create a city like Bangalore in China and I am sorry to inform you that Bangalore is not in China, its in India.

Weapons? no -> Yes, we can. I think I have answered it in your first question.

Reciprocal interest in India's sphere of influence? no -> I am not sure why will you say that. We are not try to influence Philippines against you(as you are doing with us, I bet you know whom I am pointing). We just want a strong military nation in that region who can stand Chinese aggression in sea.

Security guarantee? no -> No body can give any one any security guarantee. Can you give a security guarantee to Pakistan, where US is bombing everyday?

Leverage against China for the Philippines? no -> I would agree with you on this point. There is a better nation who can do that, you know that country too and you call it THE USA. :usflag:

Incredible India could give its Mig 21's. It would kill 2 birds with one stone. help phiils and save Indian pilots lives

Why just stop there, give them some more. I would say just gift it. We have discussed enough what all we can provide to Philippines.

I keep hearing this. "We could sell them the Brahmos!" Why would anyone go through the trouble of buying an Indian P-800 variant when the Russians are marketing the same product. I have yet to figure out why the Bramhos would be better per unit-cost than the P-800 and has the Russians allowed export given their input in the Brahmos.

We heard Indians say the samething about selling the Brahmos to the Vietnamese, then the Vietnamese just went ahead and bought the P-800 from Russia.

Do you have any proof before running your mouth. If any why don't you give us comparative study that you have done. Brahmos, was not exported to any nation just because we want to fulfill our armed force's demand first and then think about export.

I'm sorry you took the time to type all that up.

You're pathetic. Incredibly pathetic. One don't compare yourself with the U.S, I recall from one of your earlier posts you said it's better for Phillipines to get technology or weapons from China or U.S. No, just the U.S please, not china. You're not at our level so don't think you are incase of technology and weaponry. You guys are pathetic, I have much more respect for India. Atleast they don't reverse engineer every god damn thing from engines to aircrafts. So don't talk about India, I'm sure if every other country was like you guys reverse engineering everything they'd have a great economy and would be on their paths to a so called "superpower". Indias a lot smarter, they don't entirely play there economy on manual labor like China does. There economic systems very smart. It's just corruption, but what developing country doesn't have corruption?

So before you start pointing fingers at other countries you swine look at the mistakes you country has made.

One good option....

Sell them Brahmos..

Don't throw random weapons out there. Brahmos is a very capable missile, it's technology is probably very defined. There's no need to give up a weapon unique to the Indian armed forces, and Russian armed forces. It would be very stupid, there's no saying where that technology could end up.

I'm sorry you took the time to type all that up.

Yes, I stood up as a man and answered your questions, we don't back down from anything. We except/learn from our mistakes and move ahead and what did you do?

So... no reply to 1nd1a's post?

No Mate, Cat got his tongue.

Don't throw random weapons out there. Brahmos is a very capable missile, it's technology is probably very defined. There's no need to give up a weapon unique to the Indian armed forces, and Russian armed forces. It would be very stupid, there's no saying where that technology could end up.

I would agree with your point. Brahmos is pretty advance missile(people say lot of stuff, but they can't deny it) we should keep it to ourselfs. Once we fulfill our armed force demand we can start exporting it. I am sure there are many countries waiting for this one.

Yes, I stood up as a man and answered your questions, we don't back down from anything. We except/learn from our mistakes and move ahead and what did you do?

No Mate, Cat got his tongue.

I would agree with your point. Brahmos is pretty advance missile(people say lot of stuff, but they can't deny it) we should keep it to ourselfs. Once we fulfill our armed force demand we can start exporting it. I am sure there are many countries waiting for this one.

Sure what do you want me to debate?

Back
Top Bottom