What's new

Philippine Air Force in Bad Shape: Spokesman (Can India Help)

Tejas Mark 1 is a very good option but due to it's future being uncertain,we may have to consider selling them Tejas Mark 2 aircraft which has to serve the IAF for 40+ years and a good production run till IAF gets their jets will ensure that the rate of delivery will be good.

The best we could do is, offer them a Joint venture, build an aerospace infrastructure in assistance with HAL in Philippines. Establish supply lines and market the product in that region... Indian production lines are full till 2025 and at this moment India cannot offer any assistance.

In changing with circumstances and scenarios , new production lines will be created . Full is very subjective term. If complexes can be created in Bangalore , they can be created else where too. Even the EF /Rafale will have its own production line, support and maintainence division infrastructure created from scratch.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

plz continue to make castles in air..:lol:

Actually while some say castles , some would say confidence :D cheers ...

Tejas Mark 1 is a very good option but due to it's future being uncertain,we may have to consider selling them Tejas Mark 2 aircraft which has to serve the IAF for 40+ years and a good production run till IAF gets their jets will ensure that the rate of delivery will be good.

no country wants Tejas MK1 bro IAF only wants it because it will replace some ancient 40 year old MiG-21's that our grand daddy's flew in 1965 and 1971 thus reducing the crash rate and having a better maintenance on fighters

Tejas MK2 with the Kaveri and Indian AESA radar will be exported to nations who are interested the Tejas MK2 be 4.5 gen with capabilities similar to other modern 4.5 gen fighters but at a much lower price the Fillipinos do not even operate a fighter jet i believe having Tejas trainers and a couple of squadrons of LCA MK2 fighters would help them out a lot

Why cant we have a CISMoA kinda agreement with the PhAF?!
They can operate our Transport aircraft when necessary and vice-versa.
Our Transport A/C fleet of the future will have american A/C's(C 130/17/27) as the minority with Indian A/C's as majority(NAL Saras/Do 228/HAL-UAC MRTA)......logistics will not be an unconquerable hurdle as both will have American built transport A/C.
Any views on my above stated option?

First we get the FOC which is scheduled in 2012 or early 2013 , we establish our own squadrons of MK 2 aircraft and then I suppose when large scale production begins , we would want to showcase this product for sale to as many neutral countries as we can to earn revenue. Its not unthinkable to use this weapon or a customized version of it for sale/donation to gain goodwill or forge strategic alliances in the Asia-Pacific region especially.

We already did it with the Druv Helis too.

After all the time we 've taken to develop it , the Tejas is quite comparable to any other lightweight 4++ fighter around the world .

Once production starts costs normally decrease. As far as setting up infrastructure is concerned that is yet to be seen.

I have no hope for this product to be exported, Not because it lacks quality, the only thing which bothers me is the production line, India is expanding its production lines to accommodate the MMRCA project and the MRTA which would be busy till2025 and the tejas production line cannot be compromised for the IAF since its going to be a start for the removal of the mig 21's we have and we need to push it harder than what we can.

The Best India could offer at this moment is a Neat Package of Air defense with Akash and its radars. Tejas cannot be exported before 2017 or 2020

^ true LCA MK1 will not be exported unless probably as advanced jet trainers but my main point is LCA MK2 has some export capability right now LCA being exported is impossible however when MK2 enters production phase by 2016 or 2017 we could offer it to int'l countries and orders could be seen by the end of this decade or by next decade

I have no hope for this product to be exported, Not because it lacks quality, the only thing which bothers me is the production line, India is expanding its production lines to accommodate the MMRCA project and the MRTA which would be busy till2025 and the tejas production line cannot be compromised for the IAF since its going to be a start for the removal of the mig 21's we have and we need to push it harder than what we can.

The Best India could offer at this moment is a Neat Package of Air defense with Akash and its radars. Tejas cannot be exported before 2017 or 2020

Have to agree with this line if i'm seeing things from a purely military perspective and trying to maintain just our force levels .
Though I am optimistic that despite the long time Tejas took to reach IOC , manufacturing would be a faster process .Proactive moves like this is strongly required to meet our strategic objectives . As far as how quickly the Tejas Squadrons are established , is concerned -- we have to wait and see.

regards ,

Have to agree with this line if i'm seeing things from a purely military perspective and trying to maintain just our force levels .
Though I am optimistic that despite the long time Tejas took to reach IOC , manufacturing would be a faster process .Proactive moves like this is strongly required to meet our strategic objectives . As far as how quickly the Tejas Squadrons are established , is concerned -- we have to wait and see.

regards ,

Marketing a Product is far more complex than making it. We should not turn a blind eye on other nations who are more smarter than us in marketing there product. Philippines is in a need now , so are we. We cannot supply others when our requirements are yet to be met. HAL Dhruv has a good production line and has met most of the Indian needs besides its a big hit in the international market. India cannot risk its future on an Aircraft which our forces are yet to tame.

Tejas can be a brand only when Our Forces show complete confidence, until then we cannot offer... Of course a possibility exists if they come asking for one, which is highly unlikely as they have better options elsewhere.

plz continue to make castles in air..:lol:

Hi Mate,

I am not sure why will you say that? We have exported equipments to foreign nations. We are not doing it just because we have to finish the demands locally and then think of export.

Giving then some LCA Mark I is not a bad option in my opinion. This way we will get some insight from a client prospective and we can change Mark II accordingly.

There are many countries who would buy LCA Mark II and we can show them that we already have a foreign nation using our creation. This will be a added advantage. Aren't we looking for the same in MMRCA?

In case of Brahmos, I wouldn't agree. No one has this technology yet, let it be with us for some more time.

I would agree for Akash. BEL is already in the process of manufacturing it for our armed forces why not adding couple more there and gift it to Philippines.

We can also provide them with Mahindra mine protecting vehicles, Axe or Tata's products.

Build them some ships in our private shipyards, they are free they don't have orders from our Navy yet.

This way we can see some export to African/South American countries.

We have provided Nepal with some non lethal equipments, why not Philippines?

If we want we can help them, Its just our will. Its just a question why can't we help them?

:sniper:

I think it is better for us to concentrate and build our own Air Force, once we have a good safety record and we begin production of the Tejas etc we could think of something like that.

we are not cavemen we can provide them basic to medium technologies we can sell them army jeeps and troop transports rifles grenades mine protected vehicles etc whatever they need but the Philippines are better off with the USA an all weather ally who gives them military equipment at a subsidy price

Philippines are better off with the USA an all weather ally who gives them military equipment at a subsidy price

Having the distinction of being America's only proper former colony (not including Iraq) they have had had US bases on their soil through out history.... That is one reason why they may have not invested in their air force

How can India help in these matters ? IAF itself is facing a shortage of aircrafts ... It is well below the sanctioned strength devised earlier ... The best it can do is to gift those old Mig 21's

You are wrong. India can help by providing military aid (cash) to Philippine so that they can purchase we can provide them Rudra or help in building more airbases.

Export of Brahmos missile can also be a good option.

Back
Top Bottom