What's new

Petraeus says next two weeks critical to Pakistan govt

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish someone would ask UNCLE SAM...what is the aim of this war who is the enemy and what is your goal...? where will the US stop and WHEN will they stop??

Aim - To eliminate terror infrastructure from Afghanistan & Pakistan. As far as possible, with the help of GoP. Or otherwise.

Enemy - Islamic terrorist organizations nurtured mainly by Pakistan under the name of freedom struggle in Kashmir & resistance of Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan.

When will they stop - Take this with a pinch of salt. Not unless both, India & US governments are satisfied. Apparently, India has been successful in convincing US that the so called 'freedom fighters' in Kashmir are in fact the proxies operated by Pakistani administration. So even though Kashmiri terrorists are not on the immediate hit list right now, they ARE on the list. So first comes Taliban & Al-Qaeda. Then JeM, LeT or whatever their current names are (sounds unrealistic? wait & see.) And if at all we reach here, then come the rogue elements within Pakistani admistration who appetase Jihadism. So - a long way to go.

Morale - Pray that your administration will make the right choice of cooperating US for the betterment of all the parties, including Pakistan itself. Otherwise, be prepared for a long battle, which will weigh high on your economy & say good-bye to your development.

hmm and the US "NEW POLICY" is all about "DAILOUGE WITH MODERATES"....while pakistan doesn't get this choice of dialouge.... talk about american double standards....but more than that the AUDACITY of indians writing about pakistan risking the nation:tsk::tsk::angry:

you do persist in being tangential?:disagree:

merely stated that ignore the indian threat for now .... and move to deal with this present one ... how is upto you

Look you can't deny that the feeling of hatred exists well over the term called hatred and i may add on both sides. And yes i may dare add that if a poll is conducted, most Indians majority will talk about breaking Pakistan, because honestly speaking they are not aware of the implication of such a move, they just want to punish evil Pakistan and its evil populace. Malay the other day was saying something similar that the feeling towards breaking Pakistan has increased among Indians on all levels in recent years. I am sure he wasn't just saying it for the sake of saying it and that is exactly why when the US tells us India is not a threat, we laugh at the yanks thinking who are they trying to fool here, us or themselves.:disagree:

IceCold

Its more to do with what we are conditioned to think since childhood days. I remember mine spent in Ganganagar-Lalgarh-Fazilka sector as an army brat and at 4 years of age, there was an immense hatred of Pakistan and lyrics to the general idea of India ruling and Pakistan vanquished. Playing police-thief we would make India-Pakistan.

There was no rationale for it. You are right. People on either sides would love to see each other collapse on a majority without even understanding why or what effect that can have on them.

Its just inbred I guess. Something akin to herd movement.:hitwall:

You know what?

Zardari (so the GoP, and ultimately Pakistan) has got what it deserved.

Believe it or not, almost everyone had seen it coming. Sad, no one paid attention. I am surprised to see people always talk about "what is good and what is evil". But nobody bothers about "what's possible and what's not".

That's the way it is. Fair or not, it happens that way. It will continue to happen until Pakistan changes the attitude. And you KNOW what I am talking about, don't you?

Aim - To eliminate terror infrastructure from Afghanistan & Pakistan. As far as possible, with the help of GoP. Or otherwise

I was asking about the aims of the US not INDIA.....

Enemy - Islamic terrorist organizations nurtured mainly by Pakistan under the name of freedom struggle in Kashmir & resistance of Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan.

Be careful what words you choose...i think you are forgetting INDIA as a nation doesn't look at people through the prism of religion....and even the US calls them "TERRORISTS"

When will they stop - Take this with a pinch of salt. Not unless both, India & US governments are satisfied. Apparently, India has been successful in convincing US that the so called 'freedom fighters' in Kashmir are in fact the proxies operated by Pakistani administration. So even though Kashmiri terrorists are not on the immediate hit list right now, they ARE on the list. So first comes Taliban & Al-Qaeda. Then JeM, LeT or whatever their current names are (sounds unrealistic? wait & see.) And if at all we reach here, then come the rogue elements within Pakistani admistration who appetase Jihadism. So - a long way to go.

Oh boy oh boy....India is giving itself undue attention...i know the US is courting you nowadays but trust me US will not go down the road to where India would wish it went....

Morale - Pray that your administration will make the right choice of cooperating US for the betterment of all the parties, including Pakistan itself. Otherwise, be prepared for a long battle, which will weigh high on your economy & say good-bye to your development.

My friend a country like PAKISTAN has nothing to loose a country like INDIA has everything to loose....and now please for god sake don't treat this forum as a youtube video.....there is a thin line between being patrotic and absurd....

please stop thinking that the US is thinking according to what INDIA wishes...

i think the fundemental problem currently is that the US said INDIA has major role to play in ASIA...and the indians just got carried away...

i think the fundemental problem currently is that the US said INDIA has major role to play in ASIA...and the indians just got carried away...

honestly if you stick to topic and dont dash off on a tangent ...... India has lot at stake in Pakistani security today .......

hey hellfire i am only replying to "peaceful indian" he steered of topic anyways let's all just get back on track.....

I was asking about the aims of the US not INDIA.....

That is precisely what I stated.

Be careful what words you choose...i think you are forgetting INDIA as a nation doesn't look at people through the prism of religion....and even the US calls them "TERRORISTS"

No idea what do you want to convey out of this. Are you trying to defend the Terrorist organizations that work from your territory?

Oh boy oh boy....India is giving itself undue attention...i know the US is courting you nowadays but trust me US will not go down the road to where India would wish it went....

Time for some reality bites my friend. US IS treading the path which India wishes it to. And more or less, their policies are written keeping in mind the Indian aspect as well. So as I said, keep watching the developments over next few months. And it will be naive on your part to believe that India would not take the benefit of this golden opportunity to neutralize the terrorist organizations that have been making havoc in our country from last 2 decades or so.

My friend a country like PAKISTAN has nothing to loose a country like INDIA has everything to loose.

And why do you think so? You think you have got nothing left to lose?

That is precisely what I stated.

again indian aims are very diffrent from the aims that US has...yes Indian intrest are kept in mind but its defintely not the case of the US trying to persue indian plans in letter and in spirit...

No idea what do you want to convey out of this. Are you trying to defend the Terrorist organizations that work from your territory?

you said islamic terrorists so i said be careful my friend india cannot call terrorist any religion caste or creed.... in THEORY ofcourse...

Time for some reality bites my friend. US IS treading the path which India wishes it to. And more or less, their policies are written keeping in mind the Indian aspect as well. So as I said, keep watching the developments over next few months. And it will be naive on your part to believe that India would not take the benefit of this golden opportunity to neutralize the terrorist organizations that have been making havoc in our country from last 2 decades or so.

This part i wish you had put it in the thread about mumbai attacks being orchestrated by india.......perfectly falls in place what the pakistanis claim and also complain to the US that hey don't try to be fooled by the indian drama....however the first part is incorrect like i said US is more concerned about its selfish aims and not what INDIA wants....so don't get carried away my friend....

And why do you think so? You think you have got nothing left to lose?

well i guess you INDIANS would have us believe that financially we are in ruins...and overall as a nation we have lost it all...so i guess given the indian argument we have nothing to loose...(i have my reservations) and yes this argument was also put forward as to why india didnot carry out the "surgical strikes"

Petraeus denies saying next two weeks critical for Pak govt

LAHORE: US CENTCOM chief General David Petraeus has denied making a statement attributed to him by the media that the next two weeks are critical for the survival of the Pakistan government, Pakistan’s Ambassador to the US Husain Haqqani said on Friday. Talking to a private TV channel, Haqqani said he had spoken to Petraeus who said “the statements attributed to him by Fox News are not correct”. “Even if he (Gen Petraeus) had given any such statement, it would have been covered by the world media and not by only Fox News,” Haqqani said. Commenting on the statement of US President Barack Obama that Pakistan’s civilian government was fragile, Haqqani said the statement was misunderstood by the Pakistani media. “He meant that the Pakistani government institutions are not strong and effective,” he said, adding that the White House would soon issue a clarification. daily times monito
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

end of the story.............

Pakistan has capacity to deal with militancy, says Kerry

Daily Times Monitor

LAHORE: Denying the presence of US troops in Pakistan, US Senator John Kerry has said Pakistan has the capacity to deal with the threat of militancy, a private TV channel reported.

According to the channel, Kerry told Fox News that there was a need to enhance the capability of Pakistani government to enable it to successfully deal with militancy and economic challenges. “Pakistan is a country that has the capacity and history to perform better than other countries at certain occasions,” he added. He said the US needed to enhance its cooperation with the new Pakistani government “which has inherited a poor economy from the military rulers”. He said the Pakistan Army was taking effective action against Taliban in the Tribal Areas, adding the US was trying to help Pakistan to enable it improve its security situation.
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

lollll.......... now US has gone confused. they dont know wat to say when it comes to Pakistan

obama says one thing hoolbroke says another kerry petreaus' mullen says differents things.. wtf man these americans are real masters in changing regimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom