What's new

Peshawar Massacre - TTP kills hundreds of school kids (Avoid graphic pics/vids)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me, but I will highlight your post as an example of Pakistan's messianic complex. Put simply, every single leader in any nation has their drawbacks: nobody is perfect, and everybody is worthy of critiscm. Ayub did some great things, but he was not perfect. The same goes for Musharraf - you cannot discount the man's entire analysis due to one flaw you perceive within it. And I'll get some stick here, but this goes for Jinnah too: the man was as flawed as anybody.

You (as in, the objective "you" and not your person directly) cannot ridicule the masses as inferiors, while making intellectual blunders yourself.

I have another Pakistani complex in mind, quick conclusions based on insufficient information. The issue with merits and demerits of a person have LITTLE do with a persons "personal" flaws. It has to do with capability. We take Machiavelli as an example of brilliant ideas for subterfuge regardless of the morality behind it, Why? because for all his mistakes, there is little doubting the capability Machiavelli had as a political and diplomatic advisor. Hence you would take his word as having some weight in credibility. When there is little proof for credibility, the word itself dies down in its level.

Hence your messianic complex conclusion would have been more apt on me if Musharraf had still been generally capable much as Jinnah was. The proof is in the pudding, Musharraf was a bad strategist, a bad analyst.. and a mediocre officer at best. His only call to fame was his commando background, which made him foolhardy.. not hardly a fool.

Red with Children's blood.
blood.jpg

Ive read the book, his ideas are all half baked without properly acknowledging the role the establishment itself played in breeding extremism. if one even manages to look past his "I" crap all that is found is a utopian idea of a society that would somehow magically fix itself if the grass roots issues are addressed.
And this is what you learned from it?

I read a different book then. It contains chapters dedicated to menace of terrorism and its apparatus that exists in Pakistan. It also explains efforts undertaken to nab many terrorists and their identities. Also, I found Musharraf to be critical of policies of Zia-ul-Haq in his autobiography.

Ive read the book, his ideas are all half baked without properly acknowledging the role the establishment itself played in breeding extremism. if one even manages to look past his "I" crap all that is found is a utopian idea of a society that would somehow magically fix itself if the grass roots issues are addressed.

I've read the book but I didn't come across it as advocating as a Utopia. An insistence on grass roots issues however is something that is praiseworthy: if you tackle something from its very roots, you have a higher chance of success. Education and Poverty are two huge issues Pakistan faces - and they are at the root of exacerbating the crisis of terrorism we have in our society.

Two practical examples will suffice.

The schooling system is inadequate. Unregistered madrassa's are set up by shady organisations offering free 'education'. Adolescents are then radicalised here.

Young men are unemployed. They have poverty stricken families to provide for. Now when a Talib recruiter cruises by with some hard American Pesos, it's tempting.

It is believed that terrorists have been provided refuge by locals in streets adjacent to the school.

As night fell, officials could sill be seen in the streets, trying to piece together information.

If this is correct and these people were responsible for aiding and abetting them. They should not come back, unless in a box, filled with their dismembered remains. :-)

The local population is usually the first guilty party in aiding and abetting terrorists. The same goes for their original shelters in FATA, quite simply.. over the years the locals did become the terrorists home town and families in general.

I have revised my extremist rating for Pakistan as of late.. my previous estimate of 5-10% of the population being extremist was unfounded.. newer estimates are more along the lines of 1 in 5 willing to support ISIS, 3 in 5 willing to support terror against people they disagree with.. 5 in 5 willing to kill each other over religion.

I have been trying to warn all here of the rising percentages of these extremists into a majority for quite some time now, with all the consequent dangers. Your estimates are still too low, sadly.

So by your logic...if my kitchen is pest infected...I should demolish the house?
Where i said demolish Mosques? I said government should take all mosques and madaras in their own Ownership, What do you expect from Matric fail Mullahs?. I am not saying all are uneducated, but most of them are. People which have 5 or 10 children, they just throws them in madrasas because they can't fulfill their basic needs. This is culture here from decades...

we need to eradicate these parasites from existences

I've read the book but I didn't come across it as advocating as a Utopia. An insistence on grass roots issues however is something that is praiseworthy: if you tackle something from its very roots, you have a higher chance of success. Education and Poverty are two huge issues Pakistan faces - and they are at the root of exacerbating the crisis of terrorism we have in our society.

Two practical examples will suffice.

The schooling system is inadequate. Unregistered madrassa's are set up by shady organisations offering free 'education'. Adolescents are then radicalised here.

Young men are unemployed. They have poverty stricken families to provide for. Now when a Talib recruiter cruises by with some hard American Pesos, it's tempting.

Education and Poverty can ONLY be tackled if the ideology that breeds terror is eliminated on a state and institutional level. After all, we continue to blame the Madressa without acknowledging its very nature(and potential) as a free source of education. But if you keep hoping for free schools and jobs without looking into the idea of speaking out against a cancerous interpretation of the scripture, you'll end up with an ISIS like situation where your mid level executive operates their bank accounts whilst taking his family to KFC in the evening.

The local population is usually the first guilty party in aiding and abetting terrorists. The same goes for their original shelters in FATA, quite simply.. over the years the locals did become the terrorists home town and families in general.
or forced captors

All Modern Weapons Are Haram And Should Be Banned In Islamic States For Supporting Westernization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom