What's new

Peshawar Massacre - TTP kills hundreds of school kids (Avoid graphic pics/vids)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Government should take emergency steps, Ban aids to all Mosques, and madrasas, and take All all of them in their ownership. Sectarian violence, religious Bigotry is growing fast from every place, against other sections, etc sunni, shia, ahmadi, brelvi, deoband, then subsections of sunni, and others. Our religious scholars even fight each other on minor issues, One of the reason for Extremism and unrest in Pakistan. Ban their aid/chandas.

Per some, the terrorists asked the hapless children whether they were from fauji familes and when the innocent kids answered in the affirmative, they were shot. After that it seems they killed every child they could get to.

Who knew that instead of the little boy missing his father, it would be the fathers and the mothers missing their little ones. Inna lillahi wa inna alaihi rajaoun.

By your logic, Ayub Khan was also not a commoner but the man's autobiography reeks of racist hatred and delusions..
Being at the helm of something in this country and actually being capable are two VERY different gauges in Pakistan mon ami.
Just read the book. Stop focusing on the personalities.

Musharraf showed ample commitment to tackle of menace of terrorism in Pakistan. Many terrorists were captured under his leadership. Learn your history.

Please, Musharraf is hardly the authority nor a useful source on terrorism. His attitude is what is prevalent in all Pakistanis:

"Not our fault"
''Not our fault'' is true for most Pakistanis. It is very few that are actually responsible, everyone else's only crime is that they couldn't stop it.
This whole 'accept your fault' bandwagon is getting out of hand now. Sure, politicians, officials etc have responsibilities - but blaming the entire country is absurd. People are divided, people are confused but they are not responsible for terrorism.

What did I, for example, do to get this for my country and people? When I felt things were wrong, I raised my voice as loud as I could, as loud as any normal person would. But there are twenty other voices claiming to say the same thing but saying different things. (i.e they condemn terrorism but have a different solution or view entirely - even the Mullahs condemn terrorism!)

So all those sitting and 'accepting their fault', tell me, what good will it do? What will it do except demoralize us? It won't unite us, it won't make things any clearer and it won't encourage us either.

Sure, lets not blame India or Jews or whatever but lets be realistic - both extremes are wrong. It's not India that are responsible for everything but neither is the PA or ISI or Pakistani population. The politics that led us to this situation are complicated and messy and no single, lone entity is to blame.

Like the Roman writer Tacitus said
''A shocking crime was committed on the unscrupulous initiative of few individuals, with the blessing of more, and amid the passive acquiescence of all.''
That is precisely the case here.

The best we can do is mourn our losses, realistically view the situation and be united on it.

Trust me, I found myself in no mood in discussing conspiracy theories, for which there are no proof. Just widespread rumors and allegations which aren't even backed by ISPR. If you have something to say in support of the Muslim brothers of Afghanistan (no pun intended), please come out directly. Afghan Taliban condemn Hakimullah Mehsud's killing - World - DAWN.COM

Is that something you read in Roznama Ummat/Zarb e Momin or any assorted Mullah newspapers? There's more than enough proof of the terrorists having local fundings from unaccounted zakat and donations. The rest from criminal activities in large cities to bridge deficits, thats how the attacks are funded. You have a large radicalized population and enough laskars striving to bring true Islam to your country. Look within and introspect first, passing blame to foreign forces always hasn't and wont do you good.

Lets believe DAWN and ignore logical probabilities of Mulla Omar issuing press release...
I don't want to doubt you but you sound biased .... if you remember Lahore attack responsibility was reported different by various news papers.
Would you care to explain, how zakat funding convert into weapons and training and vodkas and how many criminals have we nailed or punished?
I'm not carrying any links.. hence drop Mehsud's across the border paid holidays.
Not to mention, various parliamentary briefs to Yousaf Reza Gilani and he presenting evidence to Manmohan Singh....

he and his followers need to be blown to kingdom come, his hideouts obliterated to the ground

Agreed but would that happen? I have heard some people on social media trying to reach out to military/ police to publicly hang imprisoned TTP as revenge/ house cleanup but I doubt that would happen either.

Whatever may it be, we need to take a drastic step, something more than regular aerial bombing.

@Oscar , I doubt your characterization. It applies to a small part of the population - if a large chunk (or even a "signifiant majority") where prepared to spill blood over religion, Pakistan simply wouldn't exist today. Neither is this level of religious over-zealousness compatible with our generally secular politics (PTI, PML-N, PPP, MQM, etc are all secular parties).

What shocks us most about these attacks is their barbarism; the fact somebody can be prepared to kill a child in cold blood. But not one child here, but dozens. It is our humanity that cries out against this. It exists within the vast majority of Pakistanis too: to support such acts outright requires you to be, in the medical sense of the word, a psychopath.

Yes. Top post!
People fail to bring up the fact that before 9/11 there was ONLY ONE act of suicide bombing in Pakistan and that too by some Egyptian against some American target.
The whole 150+ MILLION people can't possibly have gone the route of fanaticism. Not even a 'majority' has. At most, there is now some 'apathy' setting in, which is natural in all human beings in similar situation. Don't forget that the goons of the Lal Masjid were roundly condemned in Pakistan, that the 2009 Swat operation was nationally supported.

Pakistan is not a lost cause. At least not yet. Situation is drastic and requires drastic steps. But if what the Dooms Day Pundits are saying were correct then Pakistan wouldn't even exist--as you rightly point out.

By your logic, Ayub Khan was also not a commoner but the man's autobiography reeks of racist hatred and delusions..
Being at the helm of something in this country and actually being capable are two VERY different gauges in Pakistan mon ami.

Forgive me, but I will highlight your post as an example of Pakistan's messianic complex. Put simply, every single leader in any nation has their drawbacks: nobody is perfect, and everybody is worthy of critiscm. Ayub did some great things, but he was not perfect. The same goes for Musharraf - you cannot discount the man's entire analysis due to one flaw you perceive within it. And I'll get some stick here, but this goes for Jinnah too: the man was as flawed as anybody.

You (as in, the objective "you" and not your person directly) cannot ridicule the masses as inferiors, while making intellectual blunders yourself.

My heart and prayers go out to the victims and their families and friends..

I hope the Pakistani leaders combat the TTP better after this. I hope moderate muslims combat this evil of the taliban and other extremists more than they have so far, and that they are willing to accept western help to that end.

Musharraf showed ample commitment to tackle of menace of terrorism in Pakistan. Many terrorists were captured under his leadership. Learn your history.

Ive read the book, his ideas are all half baked without properly acknowledging the role the establishment itself played in breeding extremism. if one even manages to look past his "I" crap all that is found is a utopian idea of a society that would somehow magically fix itself if the grass roots issues are addressed.

INNA.JPG

10847939_684341895018336_4222724209809073653_n.jpg

"'God is great,'" the Taliban militants shouted as they roared through the hallways of a school and when they killed 130+ innocent children.

Pakistan is solely responsible for all terrorism happening on its soil. When you allow foreign powers such as US, Saudis and others to start jihadi camps on your sovereign land, well what do you expect they do in return? Chickens coming back to roost! No matter how despicable this terrorist attack might be, fact remains as IK put it, every Pakistani is responsible.

I blame Musharaf for not finishing the job! He was too busy playing the good taliban bad taliban game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom