What's new

Peshawar Massacre - TTP kills hundreds of school kids (Avoid graphic pics/vids)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Education and Poverty can ONLY be tackled if the ideology that breeds terror is eliminated on a state and institutional level.
There are many ways to go about it but keep in mind that Education and Poverty have been a problem long before terrorism ever was. Eradicating terrorism will not reduce poverty or educate people automatically - on the other hand, decreasing poverty and educating people will automatically reduce terrorism too.

That is not to say that we shouldn't focus on terrorism at all, we can implement a comprehensive framework for fighting terrorism while combating poverty and increasing education - we just need to get our sh!t and ourselves together.

After all, we continue to blame the Madressa without acknowledging its very nature(and potential) as a free source of education.
People talking about finishing maddrassas are being the same thing they want to stop - extremists. Madrassas, first of all, are places for education, like schools. There is nothing wrong with them except that they're unregulated If you regulate maddrassas, you regulate the education they provide and thus turn them into a valuable and reasonably effective source of education.

Secondly, religious education is required too. If people know what Islam says, they won't be radicalized - instead, they'll be able to combat the radicals who twist it.

But if you keep hoping for free schools and jobs without looking into the idea of speaking out against a cancerous interpretation of the scripture, you'll end up with an ISIS like situation where your mid level executive operates their bank accounts whilst taking his family to KFC in the evening.
Agreed. Now how will we combat this cancerous ''interpretation''? No better way than through education.

This was no ordinary school... It was army school and have produced many officers of Pak army, many of them are posted on hot borders of Pakistan.
I beg to differ , schools are holy places where kids go and make history for a nation .

it doesn't matter its run by which entity , no one has the right to disrespect it by entering it with a gun , let alone killing innocent kids ..... 140 of them !

this is a nightmare and i share it with my brothers and sisters in pakistan .

RIP

I just watched BBC news to see from their perspective, and its confirmed that unfortunately a teacher was set alight infront of the students, and a two year old child was not spared from these evil monsters, Im just simply astonished how low these devils can sink.

Agreed. Now how will we combat this cancerous ''interpretation''? No better way than through education.

I know a ISIS supporter who topped the best University here, did his MS from the UK.. and today wants to send all those that dont agree with him to hell.
Here's your education.

Unless and Until you tackle the core cause.. i.e. the cancer within this religion.. you can build all the schools for education or create all the jobs for money....and you'll still be at square one.

All Modern Weapons Are Haram And Should Be Banned In Islamic States For Supporting Westernization.
I posted many times that they are guerrilla fighters, There is no solution. Even if you go with full scale war, it will take at-least 50 years to demolish terrorism. It is not like that their presence on one area. They are scattered on streets and attacks in groups.Many Taliban sympathizers in our country , justifies their acts for good Taliban, and fatwa against bad Taliban as vengeance or because it belongs to other section of Islam. Still today our society is not accepting that they are getting training in our land, most of them are Pakistani playing in the hands of foreign terrorist groups. Nation in denial mode, i.e Muslim can't do this act and blah blah. Nation will remain in denial mode till they kill you, in front of you, first they recite verses of Quran, then kills you, they knows whole 30 suparas Quran, Google or liveleakk, listen them and then their acts.

Last edited:
Man, I cried today, and cried. I probably weeped. We have endured many tragedies in Pakistan and have debated and came online to condemn and offer condolences. Each tragedy and death struck and went and I braved it in my heart.

But it's the first time that I'm not able to handle something. I can't find it in my heart to deal with this tragedy. My heart is somber and my eyes are wet. I can't describe how I feel. Those little innocent children. ..
I know what you mean...I cried in packages which is worse coz I cant let it all out (control freak me :( cant even let go of sadness )

Education and Poverty can ONLY be tackled if the ideology that breeds terror is eliminated on a state and institutional level. After all, we continue to blame the Madressa without acknowledging its very nature(and potential) as a free source of education. But if you keep hoping for free schools and jobs without looking into the idea of speaking out against a cancerous interpretation of the scripture, you'll end up with an ISIS like situation where your mid level executive operates their bank accounts whilst taking his family to KFC in the evening.

I have utterly no idea at what you're getting at here. How do you propose to beat an ideology? You can cripple its proponents, but ideas are only defeated through discourse.

My point about Madressa's seems to be misconstrued as a strawman: I was refering to Madrassa's run by shoddy organisations that promote such a "cancerous interpretation of the scripture". The state allowing such a hole (in providing educational facilities) to exist gives them the space to exist, no?

On speaking out against a cancerous interpretation, I'm all for it (note the second strawman). But how do you propose going about it? Jumping up and down on talk shows? Educate the masses, nurture in them critical thinking and give them access to the plethora of academic literature that debunks this cancerous idealogy. One of the reasons it has taken hold is illiteracy, and the over-reliance on corrupt Mullahs to educate the populace on religion.

Since you are already alluding to "outside" forces (which may or may NOT be the case) I am afraid one of the prime lessons that I thought y'all would learn from it - and didn't want to broach it given the grave atmosphere (rightly too) but you are provoking me pal so here I go - is that its time your "establishment" learnt that using terror as an instrument of foreign policy - be it Afghanistan or Kashmir - is passé. It backfires.

At least from appearance and language, they appear foreigners and even multinationals.

Which policy and instrument are you talking here?

You may see the sons and agents of pigs here:

سانحہ پشاور میں ملوث تمام سات دہشتگردوں کی تصاویر جاری

I know a ISIS supporter who topped the best University here, did his MS from the UK.. and today wants to send all those that dont agree with him to hell.
Here's your education.

Unless and Until you tackle the core cause.. i.e. the cancer within this religion.. you can build all the schools for education or create all the jobs for money....and you'll still be at square one.
You dont just build schools books dont teach you socializing! One needs a balance of everything from spirituality to duniya taleem to social behaviours to tolerance and the whole package...

When you get proper justice on your land you dont have devil's advocates on every corner luring you to THEIR form of "justice"

I have utterly no idea at what you're getting at here. How do you propose to beat an ideology? You can cripple its proponents, but ideas are only defeated through discourse.

My point about Madressa's seems to be misconstrued as a strawman: I was refering to Madrassa's run by shoddy organisations that promote such a "cancerous interpretation of the scripture". The state allowing such a hole (in providing educational facilities) to exist gives them the space to exist, no?

On speaking out against a cancerous interpretation, I'm all for it (note the second strawman). But how do you propose going about it? Jumping up and down on talk shows? Educate the masses, nurture in them critical thinking and give them access to the plethora of academic literature that debunks this cancerous idealogy. One of the reasons it has taken hold is illiteracy, and the over-reliance on corrupt Mullahs to educate the populace on religion.

Good, so we now have a strawman that we agree on. Talk shows do little, what is required is the systematic elimination of the proponents.. but more importantly.. a counter ideology that has the same base..but different wavelength. Essentially, just as with a forest fire.. you can drop all the smothering agents..but the flames dont stop rolling until you burn out a section of the forest ahead of it with fire itself.

The vast number I talk about, is not going to do it today.. its the number that is able to be convinced to do so.

Then your criticism is one of human nature, not just of the Pakistani populace. I also still doubt it. On one ground, for the sake of brevity, the Taliban/AQ are Wahabi/Deobandi (a certain branch of both schools), whereas the majority of the population comes under the bracket of Sufi-inspired Islam; I can hardly see the common man in Pakistan rushing to blow up the shrines erect in his village, or to chop the heads of Pirs off.

You dont just build schools books dont teach you socializing! One needs a balance of everything from spirituality to duniya taleem to social behaviours to tolerance and the whole package...

When you get proper justice on your land you dont have devil's advocates on every corner luring you to THEIR form of "justice"

Still not deep enough, close.. but not deep enough. All these multiple pronged attacks ignore the idea that the tool the devils advocates have overrules whatever dunia-deen mixture you throw at them.

It's a Christian practice which was derived from earlier pagan practices.
I am aware but those who are lighting are they aware? Like I said in my other post....Wouldnt fatiha do more good to our children than a candle?

Then your criticism is one of human nature, not just of the Pakistani populace. I also still doubt it. On one ground, for the sake of brevity, the Taliban/AQ are Wahabi/Deobandi (a certain branch of both schools), whereas the majority of the population comes under the bracket of Sufi-inspired Islam; I can hardly see the common man in Pakistan rushing to blow up the shrines erect in his village, or to chop the heads of Pirs off.

That is a common mistake, the Sufi inspired ideaology is rapidly being replaced with the Wahabi/Deobandi ideals. And the reason it going so fast is because they started out with infecting the two most gullible of classes; the lower and upper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom